Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Blew By You

Re: Starbucks on Main Street

I usually brew coffee at home then switch caffinated beverages later. But I agree that there are better coffees to be had rather than Starbucks. A slight turn from subject, but I wish more Disneyland locations serve Cherry Coke.

• Future Cast Member

Supposedly Starbucks is still going into the park, according to the most recent update on Starbucks from Al:
    MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

I love everything at Starbucks, though my favorite drink is the Green Tea Frappuccino, which doesn't actually have coffee, so I highly doubt it will be sold in Disneyland. I do agree that Starbucks is very overpriced, though. If the prices were the same in the park as at normal Starbucks locations, I wouldn't mind it because Disney prices are often high anyway.

• Senior Minion

Yep, it'd make perfect sense for today's forward-looking Disney Corporation to invite Starbucks to Main Street, U.S.A. -- Walt Disney's homage to turn-of-the-century America, "when the horse and buggy was giving way to the automobile."

Founded in 1971 (a year that featured Richard Nixon, the Vietnam War, Apollo missions to the moon and A Clockwork Orange), Starbucks would join such past and present Main Street symbols of turn-of-the-century America as:
    Carnation - founded 1899
    C&H - 1906
    Coca-Cola - 1891
    Del Monte - 1886
    Eastman Kodak - 1899
    Hallmark - 1910
    Hills Brothers - 1906
    Sunkist - 1893
    Swift - 1885
    Timex - 1854
    Upjohn - 1886
    Western Publishing - 1907
    Wurlitzer - 1853

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-23-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I wish more Disneyland locations serve Cherry Coke.
    I can only think of two, Racho Del Zocalo where it's pre-mixed, and at Coke Corner where they actually add the cherry syrup for you on the spot. I always order a double shot and on a hot day there's nothing better!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I can only think of two, Racho Del Zocalo where it's pre-mixed, and at Coke Corner where they actually add the cherry syrup for you on the spot. I always order a double shot and on a hot day there's nothing better!
    I didn't even know there was Cherry Coke at Disneyland. That sounds really good!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Thanks for the links to the Roundup, I knew I had seen it was still coming somewhere. I for one am happy. I do currently work at Starbucks and I'm a regular coffee kinda guy, a little cream no sugar kind of thing. I do get coffee at DLR and it's ok but eh just it's more like water to me. It's not strong enough and just taste like water but I digress. Oh and about the sizes...when Starbucks opened in 1971, there was only 2 sizes, Short(8 oz) and Tall(12 oz). Then later on down the line, the Grande was added and was named Grande(16 oz) to emphasize it was bigger than the Tall which was the previous biggest size. Then in the 90's, Venti was added and Venti means 20 in Italian and refers to the amount of ounces in it, 20(even though Iced Venti drinks are 24 oz).

• Parking Lot > DCA

I'll stick to no mocha frap latte extra whip veni vidi vicious in the parks

• Banned User

First, Starbucks just, plain, sucks. Second, with Main Street being a "turn of the century(20th) town and there was no Starbucks during the earily 1900's, it just has no place there.

Frito Lays and now Mission were not companies in the old pioneering Southwest yet existed/exist in Frontierland.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Frito Lays and now Mission were not companies in the old pioneering Southwest yet existed/exist in Frontierland.
    ...which argument does nothing to justify Starbucks on Main Street, U.S.A.

Of course, when it comes to Disney's first Theme Park, the entire argument of "theme" is academic. Disney has proven repeatedly in the last 20 years that it doesn't care about theme, and neither do the majority of its customers.

As long as the money's right, Disney will put anything anywhere in Disneyland -- from a modern cartoon marionette cowboy in Frontierland, to a cartoon talking fish in Tomorrowland.

Disney runs Disneyland as a modern marketing mall with rides. And nothing says "modern mall" more than Starbucks.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-23-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

The current coffee company at DLR, how long has it been around...I hope it's the early 20th century or else we've already broken the theme that Starbucks would. It's not like they're going to put in Starbucks cafe and just plop it in Main Street or BVS...to think it wouldn't be themed appropriately is crazy.

And it's not like they even have to use the Starbucks logo...they don't use Joffery's and never used Nescafe's except in reference on sign. Anyways I think if Starbucks were to come it would be more like a Barnes and Nobles Cafe or even La Brea Bakery in DTD where it's licensed to use Starbucks product. I would personally prefer Pete's Coffee over Starbucks but Starbucks at least to me will be light years better than the water coffee they currently have.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    The current coffee company at DLR, how long has it been around...I hope it's the early 20th century or else we've already broken the theme that Starbucks would. It's not like they're going to put in Starbucks cafe and just plop it in Main Street or BVS...to think it wouldn't be themed appropriately is crazy.
    According to the Joffrey's website it was founded in 1984.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I didn't even know there was Cherry Coke at Disneyland. That sounds really good!
    I think Rancho has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

As long as the money's right, Disney will put anything anywhere in Disneyland -- from a modern cartoon marionette cowboy in Frontierland, to a cartoon talking fish in Tomorrowland.

Add putting a toy space man in an area that was suppose to be about American Scientists inventions for the future.

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I will check it out. Coke Corner always seems very busy. Maybe that's why I have had a hard time to find a Cherry Coke, too impatient to wade through the crowds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast