Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yahoo! Great pix. I didn't believe that TL could look that good again. New paint, new logo, new rides. Hot damn!

This is going to be an amazing year for Disneyland! Yay!
    I think someone has left the shower running ...
    --Tiki Bird Jose

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Wow, the pictures of the paint on the People Mover track made my heart skip a couple beats.

it's looking really good..

i sent my friend the link to the photos and she said "wow! i might actually want to spend time in tomorrowland now"

i think many people are going to agree with her on that!

• șoș Tom șoș

Dang this is sweet---plain People Movers, fast People Movers, Incredible People Movers, HHGTG People Movers, busted Rocket Rods---I don't care put something on this killer track!

It's so beautiful...Tomorrowland is finally beginning to look as proud as it should.

• behind the curtain

The paint in Tomorrowland is absolutely beautiful, it's amazing how much a few different colors can completely turn around the atmosphere. Thanks for finding them!

• The Uber Film Geek

^ Pic of Star Tours "navigation artwork"
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Know More Than You Should

If you paint it... they just might come and shell out $60 per person. Still, Tommorowland looks great, and being that I was born after the Tommorowland Golden Age of the Peoplemover and CoP and such, I'm glad to see things coming back, and that goes for the whole park.

• the subs were cool maan

New Paint, re-built e-ticket, New D-ticket, new symbol. Sure, its all the 50th has got. But Matt Ouimet has begun to SaveDisneyland. The subs are comin back, all we need is something on those peoplemover tracks, something in the sky(way), and the rockets back on the peoplemover platform. THEN were good

• Santa Barbara, CA

Peoplemover track 50th idea

I think they should take a cue from the Small World Clock and take all of the old AA's from T'land attractions and parade them around the track every quarter hour. All the AA's from Carousel, the eyeball from Inner Space, Captain EO characters, KAP the Kaiser aluiminum pig and more. Maybe put them in Peoplemovers and Rocket Rods! And the old 55 T'land World Clock chimes and the TWA Rocket simulates a blast off. Back the the future every hour!!!

I'm not that serious.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by captveg

^ Pic of Star Tours "navigation artwork"
    Looks better and cleaner without it. That picture looks way too busy.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Way better...before had the look of a 70's Dodge Van conversion.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Closed Account

^That's exactly it!

• Minion

You know, come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if the Star Tours and Astro Blasters spires went away completely. They compete too much with the entrance, and they block views back into Tomorrowland.

Sure, right now, that's actually a plus. But as time goes on and the land is fixed, it would be nice if it looked like there were actually attractions past the first few yards of the entrance.

Compare today's entrance to this version, courtesy of 50 Years of Souvenirs:

Granted, the absence of that spinning piece of copper uggh is a virtue unto itself. But the deeper the design of the entrance draws people into the east side of the land, the better.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Closed Account

Man ModHatter. That picture up there really makes me miss the old Tomorrowland.

One thing they do better now is grow nicer looking palm trees.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by circleVision
    Man ModHatter. That picture up there really makes me miss the old Tomorrowland.

One thing they do better now is grow nicer looking palm trees.
    Yeah, being surrounded by neighbors with palm trees, I always thought they were a high-maintennance, and rather unattractive choice of plant for Tomorrowland. I'd like to think that there was some happy medium between that and the Montana Future. Maybe some Ficus Trees, something you can walk under, provides a lot of shade which will be important to energy efficient city and suburban planning, and can be used to create some basic shapes so that the park visitors know that this particular tree was a conscious choice, a deliberately cultivated thing like you might find on Epcot's Livin' with the Land, not just another Anaheim Orange tree that just kind of showed up near the Tomorrowland Terrace because the designers ran out of ideas.

Meanwhile, not only do I love the flower design, but the fact that it goes with the yellow PeopleMovers above. So much of that Tomorrowland was a blank white canvas, but you'd never know it from all the color of the vehicles and the plants.

Lesson for Disney? Keep doing what they're doing, and return some of the simplicity to Tomorrowland design. It's so much easier to hang a few new pictures than it is to repaint the whole room.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast