Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What to do at the Disneyland Hotel??

Of course there's always the pool option, last chance to see the DL pool before it gets renovated. Plus the little boats in the DL hotel. Grab a meal at Goofy's Kitchen (make a reservation), this may give yr kids a peek into the Disney stuff and help calm b/c they're not in the parks. Then shopping around Downtown Disney. Studio 365 may be fun, or not, depends on yr kids. The LEGO store(!!) is awesome for kids of all ages. Plus Downtown Disney usually has live entertainment, some of it directly aimed at children. Have a drink in the Grand Cali lobby and put yr kids into the small rockers they have in front of the fireplace.

Are you staying in the DL Hotel, or just visiting it? I've had great luck with getting checked in early at the hotels, but not always...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by changacarr View Post
    Go to a better Hotel near the beach LOL
    Disneyland is over populated and overpriced now days.
    You will have more fun if you stay on Beach Blvd in Huntington beach. The Hotels are better quality and on certain areas of the beach you can have a fire! There is plenty of shopping as well and if you drive south on the Pacific Coast Highway 10 miles you get to Newport Beach, there is a pretty little outdoor mall that is wonderful. Another 11 miles south of that and you are in Laguna Beach!

Disneyland is in crappy part of Anaheim were there is nothing to do at all unless you are a gang member or drug dealer. Disneyworld is a lot better.
    WDW Magic would be a better place for you...

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    ^^That "changacarr" guy was just a troll. Signed up, dropped four troll-bombs on the forum in quick succession, got booted out (with a "banned user" label under his name).

good. LOL. he should be banned from posting and bothering people who are trying to have a polite discussion
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Have a pizza delivered?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

i would also suggest a nice walk through the hotel and downtown disney, i personally think it still has some disney magic without actually going in, but then doing all that and not going into disneyland just makes me crave it that much more.

my personal favorite moment was having lunch at the la brea bakery, then sitting as close to the esplanade as possible and listening to the music there while eating. that was seriously my all time favorite non disneyland but still disney moment
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

I would like to know as well. We will be there next week. I really want to see those waterfalls one more time -- the only reason we would go over to the area when we didn't stay on property--- of course, then we would end up spending money in the shops at the hotel - oh well.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

We used to always do that, have the first day without the parks that we arrive. We'd go swimming, walk around DTD. Have dinner in DTD (usually Rainforest). Then hit the parks the next day. But this year we'll have extra days on our hopper tickets. So it's drop off all our stuff, and hit DL.

• Banned User

We're actually doing nothing the first day of our trip too. We're driving in from Vegas, getting in around 12 and gonna try to check-in. We're going to swim, relax, do the Downtown Disney shops, maybe check out Garden Walk since we've never been and we have some other things planned but they are quite a driving distance away since we used to live in California.

But I agree, take the tram for a circle tour just because its fun and gets the kids excited. Jungle cruise boats and waterfalls are fun too. And if you're really sad and desperate like us, we will probably go to Disneyland's front entrance gates and look in at the floral mickey and sigh without being able to get in (like we used to do when we lived there but couldn't afford annual passes).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12