Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Rock Star Minion

I think "not fair" is a pretty unsafe phrase to utter on the internet.
    And that's so not fair.

Arguments, or "cases," need to provide more objective opinions in order to sway the reader.

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by InnerspaceLvr
    I am a bonfire, I am a vampire, I'm waiting for my moment...

Garbage, Wiltern Theater April 11, SCHOOL NIGHT...Damn....
    LOL!

Me too!

(but I'm taking the next day off)

I went last saturday and rode Buzz. Soft Opening. I rode Buzz before you did. Before the Masses. Now does that somehow make me better than you?

Yes, it does. :devil:

• smee

Thumbs up smee

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    I might be the only one who thinks this way, but I hope there WON'T be soft openings for Space Mountain. It's not fair that some people who happen to be in the right place at the right time get to experience it when the rest of us have to wait for the official open date. It's also not fair that when people do get to experience an attraction before it's Grand Opening, through a soft opening, they come to a Disney site the next day and basically posts about the attraction, or maybe posts a video clip of it which ruins it for the rest of us who have not ridden it yet.

What's the point of calling it a soft opening when everyone knows about it. Someone started a thread on a another site stating, "Buzz Lightyear to have soft opening on March 4th." And this poster said this the day before. When you make a public announcement like that, it's really not a soft opening because everyone knows about it and everyone will make their way to Disneyland to ride it. Soft openings are supposed to be UNannounced, making it a surprise to everyone so that NOone knows about it before hand. I think Disney needs to be more careful when information is given to their employees about certain events that are not supposed to be announced until a later date. Or they should at least make it so that no employees knaw about it until the day of...

I also hope there is no AP preview thing. I have an AP, but I would rather save my experience when it is officially opens the public and I can experience it with my family.
    Soft openings are important for the parks. It gives them an opportunity to iron out any kinks they might encounter during normal poerating conditions. Plus it gives those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time a chance to avoid the long lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    LOL!

Me too!

(but I'm taking the next day off)
    Wish I could, but unfortunately I"M THE TEACHER!
    Have a great time! Give a cheer for me when Shirley sings, "You Look So Fine"

My Kindergarterners can't live without me for a day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    I might be the only one who thinks this way, but I hope there WON'T be soft openings for Space Mountain. It's not fair that some people who happen to be in the right place at the right time get to experience it when the rest of us have to wait for the official open date. It's also not fair that when people do get to experience an attraction before it's Grand Opening, through a soft opening, they come to a Disney site the next day and basically posts about the attraction, or maybe posts a video clip of it which ruins it for the rest of us who have not ridden it yet.

What's the point of calling it a soft opening when everyone knows about it. Someone started a thread on a another site stating, "Buzz Lightyear to have soft opening on March 4th." And this poster said this the day before. When you make a public announcement like that, it's really not a soft opening because everyone knows about it and everyone will make their way to Disneyland to ride it. Soft openings are supposed to be UNannounced, making it a surprise to everyone so that NOone knows about it before hand. I think Disney needs to be more careful when information is given to their employees about certain events that are not supposed to be announced until a later date. Or they should at least make it so that no employees knaw about it until the day of...

I also hope there is no AP preview thing. I have an AP, but I would rather save my experience when it is officially opens the public and I can experience it with my family.
    I'm not going to get too far into this as others have made many of the points

you need soft testing to make sure things work right get cast members trianed alot of the times the effects work

the opening date is the date that you have PROMISED that it will be open for sure, if you wanna take chances then sure hang around the park all the time

now as far as AP previews go I can see were that might be viewed as slightly unfair I mean regular guests arn't let in or somethin but AP's are? but management seems to be moving away from that, for the first couple days only people that were staying in the hotels got to ride Buzz

I like soft testing also because it does cut back on the AP freaks a bit, no longer do I have to worry about a huge crowed of AP freaks on the opening day of a new ride ontop of the crowed of tourists the press conference and whatever else happens

there's also more to the grand opening then taht I mean the Tower got a special show and everything and so did Pirates

and as far as leaks go and APers knowing very quickly, I challenge you or anyone to manage a corperation THAT large and yet still manage to keep things a suprise for EVERYBODY because it's going to be REALLY hard to pull off, especialy in the internet world, that said your hanging around sites that have at LEAST five peoople if not more that are within walking distance of the park and are of course going to know these things in no time at all but all of the damageis localized into a very small number of websites available only to those who proactivly search them out

if you don't want ride reviews or videos don't read the sites don't download the videos and you may want to avoid the discussion boards if your that sensitive

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234