Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: What do you want to see at Disneyland This Halloween?

If they have their minds set on charging a separate admission go all out on the decorations and ride overlays in the park. Make it worth wild for adults to spend the extra money to enter. Trick or treating, extra characters, and a fireworks show is not worth the 40 extra dollars on top of an AP for most adults.

The most underutilized attraction is the Haunted Mansion during October. I think it's time to retire or delay HMH and bring Haunted Mansion up to its full potential with live actors. They could also do something amazing with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-25-2010 at 10:10 PM.

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    I want to see better villians in the day time then we did last year. Only ones they had last year where.

Queen of Hearts,Jafar,The Queen,Capt. Hook,Cruella De Vil,& The Wicked Witch. That was all we got last year. The years before we had alot of villians in the day time like...

Big Bad Wolf,Ratchiffe,Honest John,Blower Hat Guy & Don Karnage to name a few. I would like to see them back out along with Mr. Smee,Prince John and the Shriffie. That is what I want to see this year at Disneyland for Halloween.
    +1. I would like to see the villians take over the park,bring them 'all' out,perhaps a villian only show?!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Nor Cal AP'er

1)fog around the castle,w lightning-thunder-strobe effects at night,prehaps a villain or two in the front window going crazy at any given time, have some re-enactments in front of the castle (from certain movies)

2) a Halloween parade (like in all those your tube videos)

3)More decorations in the parks.

4)projections on the matterhorn

5)Hollywood screams going backwards! :-)

6) a Halloween based show Hyperion theater.

7) a dark side jedi training academy.

8) A thriller show (lol)

I just want to see the headless horseman ride down the main street!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

not a full halloween parade in DL. there needs to be some inspiration to buy (should) move it over to DCA again after 2012. Which can come from 3 things:
    -Halloween overlay on WoC
    -FULL halloween parade
    -Villains show

------
    now dont get upset, because DL will get celebrate! dressed up for halloween, and they will do a halloween show/little parade/dance party on main street nightly, as well as show halloween screams, and have villians brought back out, i WISH they would make them face characters for halloween time (frollo, jafar, capt. hook) this makes way for halloweentime to be fun without a ticket to an event... as well as EXTRA fun for people with a ticket to an event

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

31 Blockout Days

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Looking for Heavens Light

I love all of these ideas! BTMRR would be AMAZING!!!!! One idea I had that may make the PR department overly happy would be...... turn the castle into the BEASTS castle! It wouldnt be that hard to add a few gargoyles! Then when it is time to promote Christmas, the PR department can have tink fly over and "transform" the castle with love into the moo-cow snowy wonderland it always has been. I am always for more villains throughout the park (and not only for Halloween!). Fog machines would be cool too! I would love to see that eyesore in the center of Tomorrowland where the rockets used to be become "malfunctional" and begin to pick up transmissions from other life forms (through sound, fog, and lasers). Then to top off the evening, right before the fireworks start, all of the CMs working carts with the leftover dry ice, pour it into the casle moat. Oooohhhhh, and add the evil witch and fog to the wishing well by the castle. Anyway, I love a "not too scary" Halloween and that is why I love Disneyland!

Cool Re: What do you want to see at Disneyland This Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    31 Blockout Days

hahah! yes! realistically I wouldn't want to ruin everyones time, but under those circumstances I would buy a blockout ticket faster than you can say 'the park won't be swamped after 5 o clock for once'

I think this is will be tester year of the Halloween party at Disneyland. If it goes good it will stay there, but what about DCA? Because DCA is the edgier/teen and up place could it be possible in the next few years we may see a haunt go in? I think Disney knows its miss out on some good money by not doing a haunt. Anyways like the idea of a haunted western theme that someone was talking about.
    Last edited by DreamImagineCreate; 06-26-2010 at 10:20 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Or they could make two events (DCA has ToT and World of Color Halloween, and candy)

DL has Ghost Galaxy, a new Parade, fireworks, and HMH

Then they would make double the money

• Wilderness Explorer

ICe is right, a lot of the stuff being suggested would turn Disneyland into a Knott's or Universal-like Halloween time.
    Cheesy effects and attractions that make the park more scary for teenagers is not what Disneyland is about.

Also, Big Thunder Mountain can not go backwards. It is literally 100% impossible unless they went through and reconfigured the entire ride to add those chain lifts on the hills that you normally go down.

On the one hand, a fun haunted western overlay would be nice over Big Thunder.
    And Matterhorn with no lights, or with "haunted"/broken lights would be neat.
    But I want to be able to go to Disneyland and still know it's Disneyland. If they're adding overlays to practically every ride, I feel like it wouldn't be recognizable anymore.

What I would like to see:

1. Fun, creative Halloween parade.

2. Get rid of the Princess Fantasy Fair-like meet and greet with villains (the one near small world). And instead run a sort of "The villains have taken over parts of Disneyland!" deal where the villains roam around parts of the park.

3. As much as I don't want Disneyland to be completely transformed into a cheesy Halloween park. A "haunted" version of the castle lighting show (similar to what they have at Christmas time) would be neat.
    Some fog in the castle moat and some creepy lighting on the castle with an overlay of maybe Hades and some of the other villains talking about how they've rigged the castle to light up the way they'd like it.

A Halloween theme parade would be awesome. Say, if you have Netflix, check out "Disney Parks: Disland Resort: Behind the Scenes" It's a Disneyland promotion video, but it's pretty cool.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    ICe is right, a lot of the stuff being suggested would turn Disneyland into a Knott's or Universal-like Halloween time.
    Cheesy effects and attractions that make the park more scary for teenagers is not what Disneyland is about.

Also, Big Thunder Mountain can not go backwards. It is literally 100% impossible unless they went through and reconfigured the entire ride to add those chain lifts on the hills that you normally go down.

On the one hand, a fun haunted western overlay would be nice over Big Thunder.
    And Matterhorn with no lights, or with "haunted"/broken lights would be neat.
    But I want to be able to go to Disneyland and still know it's Disneyland. If they're adding overlays to practically every ride, I feel like it wouldn't be recognizable anymore.

What I would like to see:

1. Fun, creative Halloween parade.

2. Get rid of the Princess Fantasy Fair-like meet and greet with villains (the one near small world). And instead run a sort of "The villains have taken over parts of Disneyland!" deal where the villains roam around parts of the park.

3. As much as I don't want Disneyland to be completely transformed into a cheesy Halloween park. A "haunted" version of the castle lighting show (similar to what they have at Christmas time) would be neat.
    Some fog in the castle moat and some creepy lighting on the castle with an overlay of maybe Hades and some of the other villains talking about how they've rigged the castle to light up the way they'd like it.
    It would just be at night for the rides, and the whole point for me to either "pay extra" or come on a weekend would be to get to experience new thrills, its not cheap its making new rides out of old ones, and during the day you can still do on the rides as they normally operate.

• I'm Wishing...

Definitely more Jack and Sally; and the addition of Halloween-ey characters all around! Everyone posting about the villains are definitely correct, bring them out! Everyone would love them!! It would kill to be able to see Maleficent and more of the Evil Queen (Snow White), maybe even in her hag form. I also adore when the characters are decked out in their Halloween garb, and seeing the Halloween themed Dapper Dan outfits always excites me. They could definitely also put more Halloween-ey thematics around the park as a lot of people mentioned, and maybe some more Halloween-themed treats.
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Halloween Screams for everyone with general admission.
    this.

-plagued

• Disney Boi

Maleficent.......plain and simple i seen her one time only for the past 7 years that i have been going and that was at the d23 party didnt make it on time to get a pic with her the cast member stopped me and said she is leaving for the night
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast