• Banned User

Sad Why remove the Peter Psn theme from the Neverland Pool?

the neverland pool has a special place in my heart. i have had so many memories there. any ideas why they are keeping the pool, but removing the neverland theme?

MODS plz fix my typo on the title. it should say Pan, not Psn :P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Why remove the Peter Psn theme from the Neverland Pool?

It really doesn't make sense to remove the neverland theme of the pool, which is right next to what will be know at the Fantasy Tower. Peter Pan fits in PERFECTLY with the Fantasyland theme.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I don't know why, I think it's stupid, because it would be great to have both themed pools. I also think it would be really cool if they kept Ariel in the jacuzzi! The flora of the area is beautiful. The only thing I do like about the hotel renovation is the new restaurants replacing Hook's Pointe and the bar.

They should also keep the cute baby slide, even I ride it.

• Hello Dolly.

I think it's a dumb move too. A child only dreams about a pool as enchanting as Neverland pool. If they are removing all that to have nothing replace it, what a waste of a perfectly themed pool.
    And like Aladdin said, fits the Fantasy tower perfectly & so do the waterfalls with the Adventureland tower. I think they should use the money for the new restuarants and to add more to the falls and pool.

• Artistic integrity

Between the questionable choice to remove the classic "Peter Pan" theming .. and the Bonita Tower waterfall ... and the odd choice of colors for the 3 towers - Why is the FANTASY tower colored deep blue?

The whole DLH makeover is a mixed bag.

I'll be happy with the Tahitian themed restaurant ... but several other decisions .. plus the removal of the glass elevator .. all has my head scratching.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    It really doesn't make sense to remove the neverland theme of the pool, which is right next to what will be know at the Fantasy Tower. Peter Pan fits in PERFECTLY with the Fantasyland theme.
    I really don't know who the rocket scientist was who came up with the idea of re-theming that area, but they really need to find another job. The colors, the fantasy....what KID wouldn't want to play on a pirate ship rather than some crummy, old fashioned monorail that looks like someone found it on a scrap heap out in the back somewhere? The new monorail slides look EXTREMELY dated, and un-colorful!! The Peter Pan idea actually let's kids IMAGINE that they are somewhere else! The idiotic monorail theme puts them...in Disneyland...in the 1960's. The fugly 1960's. So they get to imagine that they are at the...um....Disneyland hotel....40 something years ago.

Wow.

Stupid.

Stupid, stupid.

REEEEEEEALLLLLY stupid.

Did they even BOTHER to ask kids what they would prefer....or ADULTS for that matter? And....is it just me, or wasn't this pool just re-themed within the last 15 years or so. Aren't they throwing money away on an area of the resort that actually WORKS?