Radio Advertisement

I just got home from watching Toy Story 3, and on the way home I heard Disney's radio advertisement with the Summer Nightastic "jingle."
    I'd expect a jingle from Sea World or Knott's but not from Disney. I have nothing against Sea World or Knott's. I happen to like the jingle; I just think Disneyland shouldn't have to bother with a jingle in order to advertise their incredible events happening at the parks. What do you think?

Re: Radio Advertisement

Hmmm...I remember back in the 70s and early 80s when Disneyland didn't seem to advertise at all. I never saw any ads on TV or heard any on radio. However, I do remember that in the newspapers, the ads for the latest Disney movie would have a little tiny Visit Disneyland at the bottom. But I didn't need even that subtle suggestion to go at least a couple times a year (from 400 miles away). Heck, these days, I'd think advertising is the last thing the Park needs. I mean, there don't seem to be many times when the place is hurting for customers!

• ---------------

Re: Radio Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
    I just got home from watching Toy Story 3, and on the way home I heard Disney's radio advertisement with the Summer Nightastic "jingle."
    I'd expect a jingle from Sea World or Knott's but not from Disney. I have nothing against Sea World or Knott's. I happen to like the jingle; I just think Disneyland shouldn't have to bother with a jingle in order to advertise their incredible events happening at the parks. What do you think?
    The station I listen to (in AZ) is giving away tickets to Disney but at the same time it's a commercial for Disney. I like to mock the "I wanna go" part of it.
    It's annoying and doesn't make we "wanna go".
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz