Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Are you ready for the Disney's Electrical Parade sponsored by Sylvania...

Well, we should see ii, if not next month, next summer...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...294#post332294

Interesting to see that they are getting a LOT of attractions to sponsor...

As part of the deal, Siemens will sponsor several rides and attractions at Walt Disney World Resort including the Epcot icon, "SpaceShip Earth," the nighttime Epcot fireworks show, "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth," as well as new attractions that will be incorporated into Innoventions both at Epcot and at Disneyland Resort. The Sylvania lighting division of Siemens will sponsor Disney-MGM Studio's holiday light show -- "Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights," as well as "Disney's Electrical Parade" and "Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams" at Disneyland Resort in California.
    I wonder what will be pulled at Innoventions to add Siemens???

But heck, FREE Light Bulbs, maybe they can start changing them out more often...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Are you ready for the Disney's Electrical Parade sponsored by Sylvania...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    But heck, FREE Light Bulbs, maybe they can start changing them out more often...
    Hopefully yes, but I must say that back in 1996 when GE was sponsoring the original Electrical Parade, we were told that the money was actually going to Fantasmic, NOT our parade, so....

• Banned User

as long as it doesn't change any of the current floats... I'm all for it!

maybe they'd offer to build some new floats... that would be great!

I'd just hate to see "SYLVANIA" all over the floats! adding it in the daily maps/schedules would be bad enough!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

You might have the "opening" float have a change, and have Sylvania added to the flashing letters announcing the Disney's Electrical Parade, but I seriously doubt that Sylvania would be placed on any other float (well, except the logo on each of the Light Bulbs, but of course, nobody will be that close to see them).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Minion

Bad pun alert...

If they ever deside to move their sponsorship to the Haunted Mansion, whould it read "Trans-Silvania?"

Had to say it...
    Check out my other blog:

• oh bugger

...thanks for the bad pun warning... phew... dodged a bullet with that one.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    ...thanks for the bad pun warning... phew... dodged a bullet with that one.
    Is there ever such a thing as a GOOD pun?
    Check out my other blog:

Ooooooo, with this news perhaps they'll put money into creating some new floats. How about a Little Mermaid, Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast floats? Heck, how about ALL of them...wouldn't that be awesome?!?

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Bad pun alert...

If they ever deside to move their sponsorship to the Haunted Mansion, whould it read "Trans-Silvania?"

Had to say it...
    Or what if it was the Ozzy Osborne spectacle of Lights?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

From "Beat the Clock" to Disneyland, Sylvania's been quite the sponsor over the years.
    -Monorail Man

This is a good sign if Disneyland and Disney brand are attracting higher paying higher quality corporate sponsors. That should be seen as a possitive sign if the money actually gets used to build bigger and better entertainment and attractions.

However, the money should be put back into the park and not sucked into creating Chicken Little 3.

• All? NO, ALL!

I noticed they are getting lots of new sponsors, but Sylvania and Seimens don't sell anything you would use on a picnic. Hint, hint Brawny, Dixie and Sparkle...

Does this also mean the Sylvania logo will replace the "A California Classic" thing on the drum? Because when it was the Main Street Electrical Parade, they had the GE logo like that. Perhaps now that the Electrical Parade will have a sponsor, Disney will put money into a new float or two? They need to make up for the ones they got rid of after the final Disneyland run.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Brawny and Dixie are already sponsors.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    This is a good sign if Disneyland and Disney brand are attracting higher paying higher quality corporate sponsors. That should be seen as a possitive sign if the money actually gets used to build bigger and better entertainment and attractions.

However, the money should be put back into the park and not sucked into creating Chicken Little 3.
    I completely agree. I doubt you would have seen such large sponsors appearing if it hadn't been for Matt and crew...

I think there are 2 main reason why we're seeing large sponsors again:
    • New Heads at Disney, from park management to corporate CEO.
    • Disneyland's 50th marketing blitz has been EXTREMELY succesful, partially because the work done to make the park beautiful and shimmery again it's getting positive word of mouth again (as are other parks, thanks to Jay). This in turn is giving the signal to sponsors that Disney cares about investor's (ie sponsor) getting their money's worth and not just taking the check and walking away leaving the attraction to whither in the sun and slowly die without a penny being put in for maintenance.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

OK. How about some new floats, a Holiday soundtrack makeover (like the one I heard they used in Paris) and moving it back to Disneyland wouldn't hurt while we are making demands! LOL

Isn't that what we are doing? Or did I get the wrong memo?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast