• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking What is World of Color? Is it a show or a theme?? Lot of people don't know about it.

I still think a lot of tourists and some locals still do not know what World of Color is about. They probably think "World of Color" is just a new theme for the Disney Resort. EX: It's like the promotion "What will you Celebrate."

Why can't they just put under the new banners in Esplanade "New Nighttime Water/Laser/Fire Spectacular" instead of World of Color.

Even the commercial of WOC on TV doesn't even look to me like a water show.

Why don't they create a new commercial using real footage of World of color water fountain NOT animation cartoon of WOC.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

Re: What is World of Color? Is it a show or a theme?? Lot of people don't know about

The commercial looks like a water show, no question. The voice even talks about water and how it's a new show. I don't think people will be that confused about it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: What is World of Color? Is it a show or a theme?? Lot of people don't know about

There are several articles on MiceAge, and several threads here in this forum that go into WOC in great detail. My guess is that any confusion you may have or answers you need will be covered, indeed there.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I agree with you asianbma. My kids are busy with college and they had no idea what it is and they live in Souther Cal. My friend who lives in Long Beach come with me last Thursday out to the parks and she had no idea what it was. She was game and went to Wine Country for dinner and watched the show but the commercials hadn't really told her what to expect. She thought we were going to watch a movie. It seems like the advertising for the average joe who goes once a year isn't very effective.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

And the message about WoC gets even MORE confused when they are advertising that word they made up last year "Nightastic". It's difficult enough to explain what Nightastic! is, when it's offerings change each year.

They need to go with a much more straightforward streamlined message for WoC, the newest attraction.

• Banned User

You can't fix stupid. You can't treat your market as if they have the IQ of a 2 year old. What are you suppose to do:

"WORLD OF COLOR AT DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE. IT HAS WATER AND LIGHTS AND FIRE! YAY!"

[QUOTE=ICe101;1056075379]You can't fix stupid.

I would certainly agree with that.

The marketing just hasn't been very good. No one that I work with in Long Beach has any idea what it is, even after seeing the commercials. And no, none of these college educated folks are stupid. They simply aren't as interested in happenings at the Disney Resort so they wouldn't go out of their way to investigate.