Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disneyland water -- why not more blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    I know you're talking about Disneyland here, but has Paradise Pier Lagoon been dyed yet, or can the bottom wires still be seen? Are they dying it blue or green?
    It's blue-ish, though it is a bit thinned out this time so that the water can be more usable for World of Color.

• Blew By You

Does anyone know the color of POTC water?

• ohai

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    It's clear, but the track sides and bottom concrete are black.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I believe it's clear, although the bottom is painted black so it looks a lot darker.

• Banned User

I dunno if anyone mentioned this but they also put some mosquito repelant and other stuff in the water that gives it it's color

Pirate water is clear, as is Splash water and that of the other flume attractions.
    River and "dark water" bodies are clear to shade the bottoms from view and to prevent algae growing on underwater equipment.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    It's blue-ish, though it is a bit thinned out this time so that the water can be more usable for World of Color.
    If the water was "true as the Deep Blue" blue, like bluey-blue, what makes it inconveniant for WOC, as the more dyed color could hide the platform better.

• Cleared for the option

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    It starts off blue. But blue and yellow make green. Those ducks gotta go somewhere. Just sayin'.
    So would that be considered Pee Green in color?

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

The dye in most of the water ways starts off with a heavy blue tint. But the water in the river and other water ways is quite murky and dirty. So if you remove that dye, you get a brownish tint in the water. Add the blue dye and you get green.

Paradise Bay is pretty motionless, so the blue tint is more noticeable there.

The yde hasn't been added back into the lagoon yet because the center fountain lift is still having issues.

• Gold Prospector

I don't think the dye in the water would affect the fountains of WOC. Look at F! they use the same nasty green water for the mist screens and fountains and it works just fine. The dye is added to most of the big bodies of water to trick your mind into thinking it's really deep. Since we are talkin about dyed water the water in BTMRR is dyed a golden copper color. The water at the Horn isn't dyed any color but it's so dirty and pond scummy you can't see the bottom most days.
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

• Dont make me unfriend you

Is the submarine lagoon blue tinted? I seem to remember it being blue from a distance.

• Gold Prospector

I believe the Sub lagoon is clear. Better to see all the underwater scenes and effects.
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder1 View Post
    I don't think the dye in the water would affect the fountains of WOC. Look at F! they use the same nasty green water for the mist screens and fountains and it works just fine. The dye is added to most of the big bodies of water to trick your mind into thinking it's really deep. Since we are talkin about dyed water the water in BTMRR is dyed a golden copper color. The water at the Horn isn't dyed any color but it's so dirty and pond scummy you can't see the bottom most days.
    I think the difference is that WOC uses WAY more fountains that require precise requirements in order to function properly. Also, I do believe that Matterhorn and Submarine share the same water, which is filled with chlorine in order to see the show scenes.

• MICKEY MOUSE IS MINE :)

Does splash mountain have chlorine? When I was on the ride the water smelled like chlorine
    What?!?! Birth By Sleep is only coming out on the PSP?!?! It's the end of the world!!!

• Gold Prospector

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandBand View Post
    Does splash mountain have chlorine? When I was on the ride the water smelled like chlorine
    Oh yes tons and tons of chlorine. I once heard a story where the ride op CM's where getting headaches and were feeling sick from the smell of the Splash water. So a lead or manager (can't remember which it was) wanted to prove that they were all lying and being dramatic. So the lead or manager took a cup and drank some of the water and said it's fine, go back to work. He called out sick the next couple of days. Hmmmm I wonder why? So close your mouth when you go down the big drop, you just might ingest some chlorine with a little bit of water.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast