Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Shifting cargo

Re: Disneyland OR BUST: RHJ's 3-Day TR!

DAY 1

I apologize in advance that some of my photos are on the blurry side. I either took them whilst on a ride and moving, or walking by and snapping them rather than stopping to take them.

Minnie ears? Check. Trading pins? Check. Excitement. Check!

Waiting for the ART bus to take us to the park.

After making out way down Main Street, my mom and I went to Adventureland to grab some Indy fast passes and then ride Pirates. My brother, his girlfriend, and his friends were also at the parks the same days we were, so we met up with them, but that comes a little later.

I was just a smidge excited.

Looks like the townspeople are having a party..

After pirates, we headed over to Haunted Mansion where there was literally no wait.

Up next is when we meet up with my brother and his group! Stay tooned!
    Last edited by RedHandedJill; 07-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• AP holder 400 miles away

nice pics! im dying to head down in aug. overall how were the crowds? for some reason i hand in my mind it woulda been packed cuz of all the new stuff over at DCA.

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

Nice TR thus far....some good PotC pictures....

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Great tr RHJ! Can't wait for more!

• world class bilge rat

Excellent TR, RHJ!!

I like the pics of the trip down. It's not often thought of, but it's part of the trip.

Those pics of Pirates and HM make me wish I was there! Two of my favorite rides. (Do you always guess which ghost will follow you home? I do every time!)

How were the crowds?

I'm glad you were finally able to go. I know it took a while, but I bet it was worth it!

Rob

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by yellow_sub View Post
    nice pics! im dying to head down in aug. overall how were the crowds? for some reason i hand in my mind it woulda been packed cuz of all the new stuff over at DCA.
    I was at the parks Friday-Sunday and Saturday was the most crowded followed by Sunday. Friday was the least crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Excellent TR, RHJ!!

I like the pics of the trip down. It's not often thought of, but it's part of the trip.

Those pics of Pirates and HM make me wish I was there! Two of my favorite rides. (Do you always guess which ghost will follow you home? I do every time!)

How were the crowds?

I'm glad you were finally able to go. I know it took a while, but I bet it was worth it!

Rob
    Thank you, Rob I always guess which ghost I'll get, too. My personal favorite is Ezra. I like to pick his nose.

• Shifting cargo

After my mom and I rode, we got the call from WeWantsTheRedhead that they were in the park and wanting to meet up. We had just gotten off of HM and we met up with them in front of it and rode it again with them. After that, it was on to Splash.

Me and WeWantsTheRedhead

Me and my amazing brother, JFSebastian.

Up we go!

My beautiful family.

After our trip down into the briar patch, we walked around NOS and did some window shopping.

I'm proud to say that I've eaten here twice.

After window shopping, we walked to the hub for a few pictures.

Then it was off to see Captain EO for my second time since the 90's.

After EO, we ventured over to Fantasyland to ride IASW.

Then it was off to Toad hall.

Mr. Toad was experiencing technical difficulties and had to be evacuated as we were in line. The technicians pretty much came out of nowhere. Their names were Michael, Jon, and Paul. If Paul's name was Peter, it would've been gold!

After a few dark rides, my mom and I separated from the others and went to go use our Indy fast passes.

Coming up next is our WOC picnic lunch and WOC, so stick around![/CENTER]
    Last edited by RedHandedJill; 07-01-2010 at 09:23 PM.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great Splash Mt. shots. Can't wait for your WOC pics!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

excellent!
    Follow Me on

Add me on

Just let me know you are from micechat

• AP holder 400 miles away

cant wait for the WOC pics and your opinion of the food still been reading mixed reviews from everyone

• Shifting cargo

Around 2 pm we headed over to DCA to pick up our WOC picnic lunches at the Golden Vine. I got the All American meal and my mom got the Mediterranean. I don’t know the exact details, but my mom said that she liked hers. I also enjoyed my meal. The chicken was cold but lucky for me cold chicken is the old food that I’m willing to eat cold that’s usually hot. The All American comes with two cold pieces of fried chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, and a petite apple pie. I wasn’t a big fan of the potato salad but everything else was good. I was also excited about the WOC bags that they give you with your meal.

Finally after a year of following the Little Mermaid construction on here, I got to see it in person. So exciting!

Mediterranean.

All American.

This little girl had a Jessie costume on and she looked adorable!

After we ate our picnic lunch, we headed back over to Disneyland to kill four hours before we would head over to DCA to take our spots for WOC. We first stopped at the Emporium to look around. After that it was on to Jungle Cruise. Our skipper's name was Tony and he was great.

Then it was off to Space Mountain.

Victorious!

Then we were off to assist Snow White in her scary adventures.

After surviving those scary adventures, we went over to ride Star Tours for the last time before they change it.

Viva the awesome hair lady!

After we nearly died in space, we went back over to DCA and had time to ride one ride so we went soarin' over California. We didn't have fastpasses and the wait time was 45 minutes, so we both rode single rider.

Then we quickly made our way over to the WOC viewing area. We had the reserved blue section but decided to go onto the boardwalk. Signs and a few cast members warned that you'd get wet on the boardwalk but all that I felt was the tiniest bit of mist. Unless it's a very windy night, don't expect to get soaked.

We waited for an hour and a half and watched as the sun went down.

My light up bracelet.

More waiting...

At 8:30, the WOC pre-show started. As cheesy as it was at some parts, it was a great way to get pumped right before the show. The music was pretty catchy and I could feel the energy from the crowd. It was all in all a really fun time.

There are four teams and team "captains" based on the color of your section. They were as follows:

Red Section: Sebastian
    Blue Section: Genie
    Green Section: Mike Wazowski
    Yellow Section: Lumiere

I was team Mike Wazowski and we won the yelling match!

An interesting shot of Genie. Almost looks like he's on fire or melting. He and the other characters move so fast. That's the reason why the shots are all blurry.

Here he's doing a pirouette.

Lumiere!

Go team Wazowski!

Monster got back!

And World of Color begins... don't go anywhere!
    Last edited by RedHandedJill; 07-02-2010 at 05:56 PM.

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

Great Trip Report! I just got back not too long ago from my DLR vacation as well and I'm trying to make my first trip report but I'm having trouble posting my pics. How do you do it??? Any help you could give is appreciated.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by cablubber View Post
    Great Trip Report! I just got back not too long ago from my DLR vacation as well and I'm trying to make my first trip report but I'm having trouble posting my pics. How do you do it??? Any help you could give is appreciated.
    No problem, it's very simple. You go to any image hosting site and upload your pictures. I use photobucket.com.

• Shifting cargo

And the show begins!

After that brilliant show, my mom and I went over to HPB to check out the insanity of Glow Fest. As expected, I was not impressed. I'll admit that the overall vibe is very fun but it just doesn't belong in HPB or any Disney park for that matter.

After making our way through the extremely colorful crowd, we checked into our room at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We didn't stay as long as we would have liked, but maybe that's a good thing.

Once we checked out, we headed back over to Disneyland around 11. My mom decided to head back and so I went on to meet my brother and his group at Alice. Once on Alice, as we were at the part where you go outside on the long leaf, the car stopped. We sat there for a minute when we heard a CM declare that the ride was to be evacuated. We however were not able to be instantly evacuated because we had nearly 20 feet between us and the ground.

They got the cars running again and sent us through the rest of the ride with the lights on. Once off, the CM gave us a fastpass good for any ride and any amount of people. By this time it was already 11:30, so we briskly walked to Matterhorn only to find out that it had been shut down with the work lights on. So we then decided to go on BTMRR. After we rode that, we went and used our Indy fastpasses. After Indy, we were hoping to catch one of the last boats on POTC, but it was already 12:04, so we walked to the tram, got in the car, and they dropped me off at my hotel.

With that concludes Day 1 at Disneyland. Stick around for Day 2!
    Last edited by RedHandedJill; 07-02-2010 at 05:59 PM.

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    No problem, it's very simple. You go to any image hosting site and upload your pictures. I use photobucket.com.
    Oh okay...yup, I was trying to do it the hard way...the hard way that doesn't work Thanks a bunch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast