Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Wishing...

Your own Imagineering

Many times when I'm at the park, I just look at things and WISH I could use my own Imagineering to make things more magical in the park. If YOU could be an imagineer for DLR and DCA (or just Disney functions in general), what would you add or improve? What would your own special touches be? They don't have to be logical, or realistic (because, we are, anyway, in the land where Wonderland was born, where everything is nonsense), so, imagineer away! What would YOU imagine?
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Your own Imagineering

Here are my ideas for how to revitalize Frontierland and make it more like a actual "old West town" with greater variety and smaller detailed areas...

The pin store would be on the chopping block, to be replaced with a small store of authentic Western antiques, and in back, the black light rock/mineral display of the old Mineral Hall would make a comeback, all available for guests to buy. The main strip of stores across the way would change as well, being broken up to separate spaces. The large, currently Pocahontas themed store would house instead a Western History Wax Museum, with small displays about frontier life, and figures of people like Davy Crockett, Wyatt Earp, and the like, in little vignettes. The small store towards Adventureland would be folded into this space as well.

The big main store would remain much the same, apart from some of the rooms being combined, and receiving an indoor "pan for gold" experience manned by an authentic looking crusty old miner Cast Member, with a wooden trough that would recirculate, along a back wall of the store to accomodate the necessary plumbing and equipment.

Remaining the same would be the Golden Horseshoe, Shooting Exposition, Big Thunder Mountain, and Columbia and Mark Twain loading docks. Going away would be the unused by the public Festival Arena, Big Thunder Ranch petting zoo and barbecue restaurant (some of the barbecue items being folded into the Rancho del Zocalo location, and the petting zoo going over to Critter Country).

In the place of this plot of land would be a new attraction, THUNDER FLAT MINE TRAIN.

Small ore trains would depart a rustic station, and head out in to the wilderness, first to view wildlife such as bears, coyotes, elk, beavers, and more, with a recorded narrator giving a tour of the area. About 7 minutes in, the train would pull into a seemingly abandoned mine shaft set in the side of a mountain, and enter a show building. Open veins of precious minerals would glitter in the darkness, and lanterns hang from the walls. Strange tapping noises would start to be heard around the train, and low, slightly eerie and barely discernible voices pick up, at which point the narration would address myths of the tommyknockers, strange little men said to live in the mines and protect miners in case of disaster. This would be followed by an experience similar to the old Rainbow Caverns climax, a trip through cool, eerie, black lit caves filled with odd rock formations and multi-colored pools and fountains of water, before guests were once again brought into the sunlight and the train station.

Nearby this attraction, along the path to Fantasyland, would be a new shaded food location, a small rustic shack serving up steak sandwiches with choice of fixin's, along with vegetarian chili.

Gunfights and a western stunt show would be performed daily on a newly built stage also in this area, and occasional impromptu shows would break out in front of the Golden Horseshoe and main street, culminating in a gunfight along the front balcony of the theater.

• Banned User

I suggest going through the threads and clicking all threads that have the 'Idea!' icon next to them.

• <333

well i've always wanted an aladdin ride, where you're on the magic carpet somehow and you go through the cave of wonders and everything. i don't know if it would be better as a dark ride or something like soarin or something else. i just think it would be awesome

• <333

[QUOTE=RegionsBeyond;1056080069]

The big main store would remain much the same, apart from some of the rooms being combined, and receiving an indoor "pan for gold" experience manned by an authentic looking crusty old miner Cast Member, with a wooden trough that would recirculate, along a back wall of the store to accomodate the necessary plumbing and equipment.

i love that idea!!

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Here are my ideas for how to revitalize Frontierland and make it more like a actual "old West town" with greater variety and smaller detailed areas...

The pin store would be on the chopping block, to be replaced with a small store of authentic Western antiques, and in back, the black light rock/mineral display of the old Mineral Hall would make a comeback, all available for guests to buy. The main strip of stores across the way would change as well, being broken up to separate spaces. The large, currently Pocahontas themed store would house instead a Western History Wax Museum, with small displays about frontier life, and figures of people like Davy Crockett, Wyatt Earp, and the like, in little vignettes. The small store towards Adventureland would be folded into this space as well.

Remaining the same would be the Golden Horseshoe, Shooting Exposition, Big Thunder Mountain, and Columbia and Mark Twain loading docks. Going away would be the unused by the public Festival Arena, Big Thunder Ranch petting zoo and barbecue restaurant (some of the barbecue items being folded into the Rancho del Zocalo location, and the petting zoo going over to Critter Country).

In the place of this plot of land would be a new attraction, THUNDER FLAT MINE TRAIN.

Small ore trains would depart a rustic station, and head out in to the wilderness, first to view wildlife such as bears, coyotes, elk, beavers, and more, with a recorded narrator giving a tour of the area. About 7 minutes in, the train would pull into a seemingly abandoned mine shaft set in the side of a mountain, and enter a show building. Open veins of precious minerals would glitter in the darkness, and lanterns hang from the walls. Strange tapping noises would start to be heard around the train, and low, slightly eerie and barely discernible voices pick up, at which point the narration would address myths of the tommyknockers, strange little men said to live in the mines and protect miners in case of disaster. This would be followed by an experience similar to the old Rainbow Caverns climax, a trip through cool, eerie, black lit caves filled with odd rock formations and multi-colored pools and fountains of water, before guests were once again brought into the sunlight and the train station.

Nearby this attraction, along the path to Fantasyland, would be a new shaded food location, a small rustic shack serving up steak sandwiches with choice of fixin's, along with vegetarian chili.

Gunfights and a western stunt show would be performed daily on a newly built stage also in this area, and occasional impromptu shows would break out in front of the Golden Horseshoe and main street, culminating in a gunfight along the front balcony of the theater.
    These are all FANTASTIC ideas!! I find that lately Frontier Land has gone a little by the wayside and remains partially outdated. I think that if you used some of your changes (I especially loved the panning for gold and gunfight ambient shows, how awesome), it would really bring fantasy back into Frontierland and re-invent the cowboy/indian coolness it was known for when Disneyland began.
    What also might be cool would be the addition of a cowboy interactive show (in place of the unused petting zoo) similar to that of the Jedi Training Academy in Tomorrowland, where little kids could fight 'bad guys' as cowboys with the help of a 'real-live' cowboy/cowgirl.

I also think Captain Hook and his men should make regular appearances on the Colombia, bringing the sense of a pirate ship that would really bring renewed magic and spirit to FL. Peter Pan and Wendy could make surprise appearances as well.

I also think the Thunder Mountain line queue could be re-imagined. Maybe re-vamp it with new plants and cacti to give it a new gleam.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by *disneyprincess* View Post
    well i've always wanted an aladdin ride, where you're on the magic carpet somehow and you go through the cave of wonders and everything. i don't know if it would be better as a dark ride or something like soarin or something else. i just think it would be awesome
    That could be so interesting! They could use the same technology as experienced on the Peter Pan ride, just using different scenes and such. They could re-create the Cave of Wonders, Whole New World and palace scenes, it would truly be awesome.

WDW has a sort of Aladdin equivalent to the Dumbo ride in Fantasyland in DLR; you ride on a magic carpet instead of Dumbo elephants.

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

i'd.. umm make awesome parades, and bring in more characters.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_in_water View Post
    i'd.. umm make awesome parades, and bring in more characters.
    More characters would definitely be an awesome idea. I think Disney's only problem is that they have a big limitation on characters, which is why they have such a build-up of people when they DO come out. I always wish Disneyland could go back to the days when characters could just roam about; it was so much more magical that way. I also think that if Disney had a greater amount of characters in the parks on any given day, there would be less of a guest overflow when they actually arrive.

• <333

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    More characters would definitely be an awesome idea. I think Disney's only problem is that they have a big limitation on characters, which is why they have such a build-up of people when they DO come out. I always wish Disneyland could go back to the days when characters could just roam about; it was so much more magical that way. I also think that if Disney had a greater amount of characters in the parks on any given day, there would be less of a guest overflow when they actually arrive.
    i 100% agree

• Minion

Yeah at WDS, they have Tapis Volantes, which is a Dumbo clone + retheme.

As for my own ideas... replace RnR with an Intamin LIM launched coaster with the same layout... Vekomas are notoriously rough

On the Imagineering front, i'm more of a budding model maker then a designer

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    They don't have to be logical, or realistic (because, we are, anyway, in the land where Wonderland was born, where everything is nonsense)
    Actually, they should be logical and realistic if you want them to become reality and successful.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
    Actually, they should be logical and realistic if you want them to become reality and successful.
    I guess so! I just meant that in a way that would enable wishful-thinking, such as the people who long for the return of the People Mover/Mine Train, ect.

• Banned User

True, dream as big as you want, but all ideas have to come back down to earth to work physically.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by *disneyprincess* View Post
    Haha that's cool because I was thinking of the same thing as you, except I imagined it to be in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom, replacing Pixie Hollow when the Tinkerbell movie franchise is old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast