Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrowland

• Where's the Cheese?

Tomorrowland

OK - checked pages 1 and 2, and did a quick search - didn't see this posted (mods please merge if it has):

Over on Blue Sky Disney Honor posted that an actual e-Ticket based on Tron is approved?? as part of the bigger TL redo? Relevant text:

Well, if it's any consolation, it's going to be at least a couple years before we see anything about that new Tron attraction at Disneyland. But from what I hear, the Suits are so happy with what they're seeing on Legacy that they've fast tracked development on a swanky E-Ticket and a few other surprises that could wind up being part of a TL makeover before the next sequel in this Mouse franchise.

(Link)

IF true - anything Tron added is AWESOME! (I'm still hoping they surprise us and the Arcade gets a Flynn's Arcade redo for the movie premiere)
    Last edited by Mouse in the House; 07-01-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added relevant text

• Future Disney Imagineer

Re: Tomorrowland

I hope the ride either takes up people mover track or innoventions, it could go either way. And yes, I hope we get Flynn's arcade it would be a lot more popular than the unthemed Boomers arcade we have now.

• Banned User

I personally am looking forward to this Tron E-ticket ride at Disneyland which will (hopefully) replace Innoventions. I really hope they don't put in the Lightcycles on the PM track since I'm wanting PM instead.

• I'm not really here

I posted this link in the Disneyland Project Tracker. But a separate thread is good for specific discussion.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

After seeing the Tron trailer in 3D when I went to see Alice in the theatre, my first thought was, "This could be the biggest movie of the year." It's true - the movie looks downright awesome and a potential long-term franchise. It'd be perfect for Tomorrowland.

I vote for a Innoventions replacement too. If they used the PM track, it'd have to really "eat people", meaning it would be a slow moving ride like the old Peoplemover or Pirates or IASW. Fast rides mean more distance between vehicles, thus long queues - of which there's no place to put one in in Tomorrowland. Remember the RR queue? That one was a nightmare.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If Tron does not get a ride, then Disney is being Stupid. The new movies will easily be able to be made into 3 movies and will be not only a great new attraction but a big money maker from all the toys and products you can make

• Artistic integrity

My hunch is .. this will go into the space of Innoventions ... with it continuing behind the DLRR ... in an "attaching" show building.

The question whether they re-use the carousel building .. or tear it down and have a clean slate to work with .. is the question.

I doubt a Tron ride would go on the Peoplemover track.

If you put a high speed ride on the Peoplemover track .. this time with banked turns .. the ride will turn out to be 2 minutes or less ... Circumnavigating that 4,000 feet of track.

The ride would be over .. before it had a chance to really get started!

That would be a disappointment.

This ride belongs totally contained within an enclosed showbuilding .... to pull out all it's tricks to wow audiences!

Kinda funny huh .....

who knew back from 1982 to 1995 when the Peoplemover went through "The Game Grid of Tron" speed tunnel ... in what will most likely turn out to be full fledged Tron attraction.

Wouldn't that be called - irony?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Or don't you mean T(i)rony? Sorry for the lame joke, couldn't resist.

Anyway, since it looks like the ride is pretty much confirmed, what kind of ride will it be? An dark ride/indoor coaster on light cycles?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    My hunch is .. this will go into the space of Innoventions ... with it continuing behind the DLRR ... in an "attaching" show building.

The question whether they re-use the carousel building .. or tear it down and have a clean slate to work with .. is the question.

I doubt a Tron ride would go on the Peoplemover track.

If you put a high speed ride on the Peoplemover track .. this time with banked turns .. the ride will turn out to be 2 minutes or less ... Circumnavigating that 4,000 feet of track.

The ride would be over .. before it had a chance to really get started!

That would be a disappointment.

This ride belongs totally contained within an enclosed showbuilding .... to pull out all it's tricks to wow audiences!

Kinda funny huh .....

who knew back from 1982 to 1995 when the Peoplemover went through "The Game Grid of Tron" speed tunnel ... in what will most likely turn out to be full fledged Tron attraction.

To answer your question in my opinion
    I would just tear down the building and build a really cool futuristic dome(nothing like the Space Mountain dome)
    It should be a round dome with blue glass and light blue neon light lining up around the outside like a grid for nighttime
    Also extend the building behind the DRR tracks in a showbuilding like IJA, HM, and POTC

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    To answer your question in my opinion
    I would just tear down the building and build a really cool futuristic dome(nothing like the Space Mountain dome)
    It should be a round dome with blue glass and light blue neon light lining up around the outside like a grid for nighttime
    Also extend the building behind the DRR tracks in a showbuilding like IJA, HM, and POTC
    Annoucer:
    "Um, please have a look to you left on the DLRR & Monorail and what do you see...
    ...Harbor Ave."

Timekeeper

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Annoucer:
    "Um, please have a look to you left on the DLRR & Monorail and what do you see...
    ...Harbor Ave."

Timekeeper

Per Al's two columns about expanding beyond the berm in Frontierland and Tomorrowland (here's one of them - http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al010510a.htm ) ....

Seems they are contimplating re-arranging backstage infrastructure to push the Tomorrowland boundary to as close to Harbor Blvd as possible.

HOWEVER ..... My big question ... what do they do with the "return" piece of track of the Monorail?

I'd love to see how they get around that one!

- What do they do with the monorail track?
    - Where will the chiller plant go?
    - Where does costuming go - which is (I believe) attached to the Grand Canyon Diorama?
    - Where do they put the Submarine Voyage's filtration station?
    - What do they do with both DLRR dioramas?
    - What do they do with emergency vehicle entrance between both dioramas?

Lots and lots of questions.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-01-2010 at 04:14 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^under ground is always the answer look at pirates and HM

• Minion

I just read somewhere that they might just destroy the PM tracks during the Star Tours rehab
    I wonder what this could mean
    Will they comepletely redo the track for a new ride or will having a ride on that track layout history

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I just read somewhere that they might just destroy the PM tracks during the Star Tours rehab
    Where did you read that?

Is that someone's wishful thinking ... or is there some validity to it?

UH-OH -

Is it time for a SAVE THE PEOPLEMOVER TRACK thread?

LOL

Here we go again!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^under ground is always the answer look at pirates and HM
    Your at the McDonalds Parking lot across the street and you open a sewage hole only to find the Tron Universe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast