• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Fourth of July Fireworks Questions

Just wondering if anyone made it down to the park tonight to see the fireworks. Is it exactly the same show as last year, or is it new? I'm hoping to head down there tomorrow night, and I know the crowds will be insane, but if it's the same show, I can get an idea of what to plan for as I'll try to get some decent shots this year.

Also...was it just me, or did the show start at 9:40 tonight? Isn't it scheduled for 9:30? Maybe they were doing voice over stuff at 9:30....I just couldn't hear anything happening over there until 9:40.

Any help?

•   

Re: Fourth of July Fireworks Questions

Is it the same "Celebrate America" soundtrack that they use in Florida?

And thanks for the heads-up, I will be there on Friday to watch. I had no idea they were doing this so early.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I saw the show from outside the park. The show started late because Fantasmic ended late. Saw the bright flashes from when Malificent rises around 9:30, then the bright green flash at the end of the show.

The fireworks were just like last year, sadly. Basically take all the shells from Remember..Dreams Come True and throw them up in the air. Knowing what they are really capable of for 4th of July shows from the past, this is a let down. There was hope last year that the actual July 4th show would be different, but it really wasn't. I miss the extra tags they did to the regular shows set to military music. Those extra 5 minute shows were WAY better than what they've done the past couple years..

Just my thoughts here, of course. I am sure most people liked the show.

•   

I checked on YouTube. It appears that the soundtrack is the same. The shells are different, but the music and "story" is the same.

I was there tonight. Got a couple fireworks shots I shall post soon on ToursDepartingDaily.com

Not sure about the show tho. It was really really short. I guess Disneyland can save a few bucks over the next couple days.

Tours Departing Daily - Disneyland Resort Photography

• Jack of All Trades

Last edited by dude4real; 08-06-2010 at 02:09 PM.

• Senior New Member

We saw the fireworks tonight! They did start about 10 minutes late, because of the delay in Fantasmic. The fireworks were pretty and sounded good, but were quite short, I'd say about 10 minutes. I think everyone was a bit surprised when they ended since people expected more.

That said, I'm actually happy that Disneyland does this. There used to be a lot of patriotic stuff at Disneyland. Fireworks shows often used to end with a tribute to America, and a few patriotic songs. The electrical parade ends with an American float, but is no longer in California. I hope Disney will continue to flavor the park with some patriotism.

About actually seeing the fireworks: Today was actually strangely uncrowded at both California Adventure and Disneyland. We went a week ago Tuesday, and it was totally packed. Today, however, we went on California Screaming with a 20 minute wait, and walked onto Pirates and Haunted Mansion with literally no wait. We got in place for fireworks about 45 minutes before 9:30pm, and were right in front of the Castle, sitting down, about 5 rows back. This area didn't even fill up until around 9pm, and they let us stay seated through the fireworks. If tomorrow is anything similar, you won't have to worry about getting a spot.

I'll try to put a couple of pics up, but they don't really give you too good of an idea. I'm new to posting here so hopefully it works.

• Returning to DL 2/29

Smile Re: Fourth of July Fireworks Questions

To Point out The Fireworks presented last night was the abridged version which leaves out the American Folks Song Portion of the show. Which cuts out a good 4-6 minutes of the show As last year the FULL spectacle will be presented July 4. And no I will not be seeing this year Im heading for San Diego for the Big Bay Boom Fireworks Show WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE But Disneyland does put a awesome show and I wished I had the soundtrack to it
    I'm back and now what!

followme on Twiiter @hurricanefreak

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Just wondering if anyone made it down to the park tonight to see the fireworks. Is it exactly the same show as last year, or is it new? I'm hoping to head down there tomorrow night, and I know the crowds will be insane, but if it's the same show, I can get an idea of what to plan for as I'll try to get some decent shots this year.

Also...was it just me, or did the show start at 9:40 tonight? Isn't it scheduled for 9:30? Maybe they were doing voice over stuff at 9:30....I just couldn't hear anything happening over there until 9:40.

Any help?
    Thursday night, the fireworks did atart around 9:40 pm. I live next to the park and I out of habit always look at the clock when I hear the first explosion and noted that it was 9:39 pm (ok, I am a minute slow!) lol

• Banned User

I was pumped up about the show, I took my friend and his mom out of the space mountain line for it and I will have to say that I was pretty let down, the wind was blowing pretty good but I don't think it affected the show, I kinda wish we stayed in the space stand by line

• Disneyland History Lover

I believe last year the Fourth of July fireworks shown in the week prior to the actual fourth were a shortened version of the main event on the actual date. Last year's show was stunning. I hope this year's is just as good.

Great, I plan to see these tomorrow, but I'm not happy that it might be the shorter version. I just don't want to deal with the 4th of July crowds. Meh oh well, going to shoot for a doubler header.