Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    • Arianator
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Paradise Falls
    Posts
    71

    Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Just wondering, cause i really dont know.. D:


  2. #2

    • hi!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    roughly, yes... when you're taken to your designated color entrance area, you can choose to follow the rest of the crowd or veer off to the Cast Members that also have mini-lightsabers of your designated color for the 'wet zone,' which is the boardwalk.
    -plagued

  3. #3

    • Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anaheim (5 mins away)
    Posts
    387

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    roughly, yes... when you're taken to your designated color entrance area, you can choose to follow the rest of the crowd or veer off to the Cast Members that also have mini-lightsabers of your designated color for the 'wet zone,' which is the boardwalk.
    I had a Blue section FP so entered the wet zone which to me on our viewing was more of an occasional mist in the face zone but was a GREAT viewing area (except for the really lousy located light/speaker pole they chose to place in several locations right in front of the viewing area)

  4. #4

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,549

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    The Yellow section of the Boardwalk is the wettest of them all (Yellow is the center of the park)

    But yeah, follow the directions of each CM in your section (they have different colored lights) to the boardwalk.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  5. #5

    • hi!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude View Post
    I had a Blue section FP so entered the wet zone which to me on our viewing was more of an occasional mist in the face zone but was a GREAT viewing area (except for the really lousy located light/speaker pole they chose to place in several locations right in front of the viewing area)
    i've been in the wet zone twice.. it's really a hit or miss.

    the first time i watched it in the wet zone was like you said, an occasional mist in the face.. BUT the second time i watched it there, it was pretty windy and i would say it was a constant shower of water!

    about 3 minutes before the show started, my friend who was moving out of her house just happened to realize that she had her moving trash bags in her purse. lucky us! we would have been drenched!

    we looked like idiots with trash bags as pseudo-ponchos but we ended up thanking ourselves for embarrassing ourselves
    -plagued

  6. #6

    • gyre & gimble in the wabe
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    274

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    In my observation the side to the right of the center fountain (red section) of the boardwalk typically gets more wet than the left side.
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    63

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Here's a related question (with my apologies to the OP):

    Does anyone know if the Dining Plan FPs (WCT, Ariels) allow entry into the WOC viewing area before the Picnic FPs and the "regular" WOC FPs?

    Would having a Dining Plan FP give you a better chance of getting a good spot on the front boardwalk?

    TIA

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belobog View Post
    Here's a related question (with my apologies to the OP):

    Does anyone know if the Dining Plan FPs (WCT, Ariels) allow entry into the WOC viewing area before the Picnic FPs and the "regular" WOC FPs?

    Would having a Dining Plan FP give you a better chance of getting a good spot on the front boardwalk?

    TIA
    i think everyone get in at the same time. wct food looks gross and i think Ariel has more food.

  9. #9

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    yes..and you will get more than just wet

  10. #10

    • How Peculiar
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    233

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Yup, just follow the walkway down to the boardwalk.

    I was in the wet zone yesterday in the Yellow section. Extremely amazing view, became drenched by the end of the show, but completely worth it. (:

    It's fun hearing everyone scream as water comes down, it's like a huge monster is about to attack or something, haha!
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

  11. #11

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude View Post
    I had a Blue section FP so entered the wet zone which to me on our viewing was more of an occasional mist in the face zone but was a GREAT viewing area (except for the really lousy located light/speaker pole they chose to place in several locations right in front of the viewing area)
    We got soaked. LIKE SOAKED! (Shamu Style) musta just been wrong place wrong time, wrong breeze or something.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  12. #12

    • hi!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Anyone that has a WOC Fastpass can stand on the front boardwalk, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by scotchtape View Post
    Yup, just follow the walkway down to the boardwalk.

    I was in the wet zone yesterday in the Yellow section. Extremely amazing view, became drenched by the end of the show, but completely worth it. (:

    It's fun hearing everyone scream as water comes down, it's like a huge monster is about to attack or something, haha!
    it is pretty hilarious hearing everyone. my only gripe is that when you're unexpectedly hit with a shower of water, your natural reaction is to look down.. and you miss a couple awesome seconds of the show.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    We got soaked. LIKE SOAKED! (Shamu Style) musta just been wrong place wrong time, wrong breeze or something.
    i believe it. the portions when a fountain is shooting towards the audience but barely falls short (were talking like 2 feet) from the boardwalk: all you need is a nice brisk breeze and that fountain will literally spray directly at the audience!
    -plagued

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Transportation/DD to BoardWalk
    By proradvlx in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. EPCOT Fastpass Question - When to get Sorin' Fastpass
    By Doopey1 in forum Orlando Travel Planning
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
  3. Fastpass & VIP Fastpass Confusion
    By GUYNYC in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 03:46 AM
  4. Games of the Boardwalk
    By The Forbidden Eye in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •