View Poll Results: Can DCA be as good as TDS?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, with enough theming and attention to detail, it definitely can

62 55.86%
  • no, DCA is destined to fail and always be in the shadow of DisneySea

49 44.14%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Jack's Posse

Re: Can DCA ever become as good as TDS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    Ditch extreme sports theme, and grizzly peak is beautiful. I agree that it was inredibly redundant to go wih that theme. When I figured out the extreme sports things, my first thoughts were"were they trying to make this park a failure?"
    Actually you may be surprised as to they are taking out the "adventure theme"
    I read on a Jim Hill Media article saying the are ditching that theme and going with a '50s Yosemite theme. So far they have gone as far as removing some of the Bikes used as props in GRR.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSkellington View Post
    Actually you may be surprised as to they are taking out the "adventure theme"
    I read on a Jim Hill Media article saying the are ditching that theme and going with a '50s Yosemite theme. So far they have gone as far as removing some of the Bikes used as props in GRR.
    Just for future reference, Jim Hill is hardly a relilable source. Take everything on that site with several grains of salt.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

and all the kayaks and stuff as well...even the challenge trail got some nice 50's little theming things. Jim Hill isn't most reliable however Honor Hunter on Blue Sky has talked about it as well as MIntCrocodile and even some Micechat photo updates showing pictures of some of the small changes.

• Banned User

I know about the 50's theme, and I'm glad they are doing it. Much better than the extreme sports theme

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    and all the kayaks and stuff as well...even the challenge trail got some nice 50's little theming things. Jim Hill isn't most reliable however Honor Hunter on Blue Sky has talked about it as well as MIntCrocodile and even some Micechat photo updates showing pictures of some of the small changes.
    And they should continue by replacing more and more of the contemporary props with classic retro props and canoes, and eventually change the GRR CMs' clothing, then finally add some Animal AAs on the ride ... Soon enough, Disney...

Then they should replace Brother Bear challenge trail with an E-ticket coaster, and incorporate some of the AAs with that ride as well. Afterward, They should add hiking trails and abandoned mineshafts in and around Grizzly Mountain, in order to replace the RC challenge trail, and give Grizzly Mountain a Tom Sawyer Island feel of discovery. Soon enough, Disney...

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    And they should continue by replacing more and more of the contemporary props with classic retro props and canoes, and eventually change the GRR CMs' clothing, then finally add some Animal AAs on the ride ... Soon enough, Disney...

Then they should replace Brother Bear challenge trail with an E-ticket coaster, and incorporate some of the AAs with that ride as well. Afterward, They should add hiking trails and abandoned mineshafts in and around Grizzly Mountain, in order to replace the RC challenge trail, and give Grizzly Mountain a Tom Sawyer Island feel of discovery. Soon enough, Disney...
    I'm sure there is stuff like this all in the plans. I remember it being mentioned somewhere about new costumes for GRR actually coming to fruition in the near future. Great news on the small changes.

• Jack's Posse

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Just for future reference, Jim Hill is hardly a relilable source. Take everything on that site with several grains of salt.
    I'm sorry I don't know what that expression means
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Banned User

Arrow Re: Can DCA ever become as good as TDS?

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post

That's a good idea. The mountain's infrastructure can certainly have hiking trails, and replacing RC with the mine train planned for grizzly mountain would be a good idea also

Here's link to information about GRR changes in case anyone is interested. Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Bearly Noticable..

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    That's a good idea. The mountain's infrastructure can certainly have hiking trails, and replacing RC with the mine train planned for grizzly mountain would be a good idea also
    Just to let people know, this isn't all my idea, I'm not some genius, but I've heard all these rumors before, and I hope that all of them come to fruition. The discussions of adding caves, trails, and "mineshafts" sparked my inerest the most. That would be so much fun to explore all of them, and there could be so many more than TSI, and I could just imagine all the secret entrances, nooks and crannies it could have someday.

Another good, but most-likely not happening, rumor, is adding Country Bear Jamboree show either on the Challenge trail spot, or stick it somewhere inbetween the challenge trail area and Soarin' i don't know how big the theater was, or if it would either fit there, it was just a discussion.
    But I'd like it if all these things happened eventually in the next 10-15 years. For now, we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT] Look, the point of listing all these concepts that the Imagineers are planning is to show that someday, maybe not the whole park, but maybe Golden State, and Buena Vista Street too, can be as immersive, detailed, and "expensive-looking" as TDS soon enough.
    Last edited by Incrediboy; 07-08-2010 at 11:45 AM.

• herp derp

Honestly, I've never been to Tokyo Disneysea, and I probably never will. While people say it's a better theme park than DCA, at least DCA is a beacon of light compared to Walt Disney Studios Paris.

Another good, but most-likely not happening, rumor, is adding Country Bear Jamboree show either on the Challenge trail spot, or stick it somewhere inbetween the challenge trail area and Soarin' i don't know how big the theater was, or if it would either fit there, it was just a discussion.
    Wasn't there a stage along the Challenge Trail that had some Brother Bear show going on? They should make the stage an indoor theater and put CBJ there.
    It's a good idea, but yeah, like you said, it's highly unlikely. :/

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In a word... NEVER

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    In a word... NEVER
    wow... don't hold back or anything...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

No. As DCA continues to grow from the state it is in now, TDS improves yearly as well..giving it the jump to always be a better park.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    wow... don't hold back or anything...
    Lol

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast