View Poll Results: Can DCA be as good as TDS?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, with enough theming and attention to detail, it definitely can

62 55.86%
  • no, DCA is destined to fail and always be in the shadow of DisneySea

49 44.14%
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Question Can DCA ever become as good as TDS?

do you think that 15 years from now, after,3 phases, DCA could be a park as good as TDS? I believe,that with enough imagination,theming,and hard work,it's possible.

• Coronus, The Terminator

Re: Can DCA ever become as good as TDS?

DCA won't fail, it's going to improve; however in my eyes TDS will still stand superior.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

They'll get one big notch closer with Carsland.

But, you should know, most people here are automatically going to say no, just because it is DCA....

• Coronus, The Terminator

^ I didn't
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

I said most people....

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Quite honestly, DLR, should contain disney's BEST work x 3.... because most believe our MK, to be the best, as it should be, and i think DCA, and our 3rd gate should be runner ups.

On the track its on, it looks like we are on a red car trolly ride with stops at, no where near TDS, Almost as good as TDS, and better then TDS.

• Banned User

Even if people are say no, they could be wrong. We've been wrong about a lot of things

-Ioa would never beat Disney at anything
    -soaring would get demolished
    -DCA would get destroyed
    Ect...

• Senior Minion

I believe it could, but I don't believe it ever will. I'm hopeful that it will get there, but not confident. There is just so much more they would need to fix before it came close. And because DCA's size it would have to become more like DL by packing in the most attractions per square foot possible and fully dealing with all the exterior visual intrusions.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I believe that Disney will make an effort and make the best of what they have to work with. Carsland will be incredible, and re-theming Paradise Pier as well as redoing the trams, and revamping HPB will make this park better than when it first opened.

With that said, I think TDS will probably be the better park.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

TDS was designed from the start with maximum visual attention to detail, walk through attractions, etc etc, maximizing the park. DCA would need a lot of work and massive amounts of restructuring of "base areas" of the park to even come close. It could, if they reconceptualized whole areas instead of just adding cartoon character based rides....so I don't believe it ever will match in quality.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
    They'll get one big notch closer with Carsland.

But, you should know, most people here are automatically going to say no, just because it is DCA....
    I automatically said "no", not because it is DCA, but because TDS has a much more caring parent than DCA......a parent that wants the best for its' child, a parent that wants to see the child grow but not at the expense of her soul; a parent that doesn't mack out that child to the lowest bidder
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Why does it matter, as long as they keep improving the park I dont care if Tokyo has a better park them us, we have the greatest resort in the world. And if you think that too then why care, let people think DCA will always be a cheap park (means less lines for the real DLR fans)

• The Study of Wumbo

It would be hard, but I think it could be done. Unfortunately, there's no way to quantify it.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jerroddragon View Post
    why does it matter, as long as they keep improving the park i dont care if tokyo has a better park them us, we have the greatest resort in the world. And if you think that too then why care, let people think dca will always be a cheap park (means less lines for the real dlr fans)
    +100000

i <3dca

I don't think DCA will ever come close to the level of DisneySea for two reasons. First, DCA's opening day infrastructure makes it difficult to fix many of it's problems. In Hollywood Pictures Backlot, showbuildings will always tower over the facades, and there's not enough space to add shops along the street. The Hyperion is never going to feature an elaborate indoor lobby. Grizzly Peak's support structure won't allow for additional attractions to be built into the mountain. The second big problem facing DCA is it's location. It's never going to be possible to eliminate the visual intrusions of the power lines, convention center, Paradise Pier, Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotels. DCA is also sitting on far less land than DisneySea, and it's theme is being heavily deluded with Carsland and the new Paradise Pier. The greatest hope the Disneyland Resort has for a TDS level park is the third gate.

Of course, none of that that is to say it won't ever be on par with Epcot as a very solid second gate. It just won't be DisneySea.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast