• Forgotten Spirit

Exclamation Indiana Jones in full working order? News/Question

Phew, I should have done a trip report but I left my camera at home (which is like 10 minutes away :P), anyways, while riding Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye I noticed that when you first enter the "chamber" with the huge face of Mara, her eyes finally have smoke coming out of them (every time I've rode her eyes don't work.), the next is a part I've never seen before (and I forget what spot its in...I think its after the big Snake), its this giant purple skeleton/ghost projection above you on the ceiling, and the last is right before the room where the warriors shoot you with arrows...before entering the long black tunnel to get into that room there is now smoke where something is being projected on it.

Am I just crazy and have never noticed these things?...I swear they just fixed these elements...knowing DLR's lack of of scenery maintenance on rides (compared to TDL)...

and yay for run on sentences!...or whatever else is wrong with my post XD

• Shifting cargo

Re: Indiana Jones in full working order? News/Question

The smoke from Mara's eyes are fairly recent. The giant skeleton projected has been there for quite some time but hasn't always been working. Same thing goes for the rats on the rope that's projected right before the car "dies". That effect was down for a while and sometimes the projection of it was weak.
    Last edited by RedHandedJill; 07-04-2010 at 11:36 AM.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    The smoke from Mara's eyes are fairly recent. The giant skeleton projected has been there for quite some time but hasn't always been working. Same thing goes for the rats on the rope that's projected right before the car "dies". That effect was down for a while and sometime the projection of it was weak.
    Oh okay
    well I tried to report something new XD

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Oh okay
    well I tried to report something new XD
    It's no problem. Sometimes you're so excited to be the first to report something new only to find out that it's already been discussed.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    The giant skeleton projected has been there for quite some time but hasn't always been working. .
    You didn't notice that that skeleton scrim is brand new?

I mean, the giant skeleton has been there since it opened but it wasn't until the last mini-refurb that they replaced it with a new one.

Mouseplanet is reporting on their weekly update that IJA will be closed on Sept 22nd (One day only). I'm guessing they'll be finally installing the new Indy AA that was supposed to be installed in the last refurb but never happened due to problems with it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Disney Fan & Musician

Did the explosion effect work, while going over the bridge? the one when Mara shoots out a laser and something explodes under you?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

I've noticed for the last two months or so, the vehicles have been horribly out of sync, and from what I've seen, most have their left headlight out, so when you hit the bridge, the other Jeep is late and showing just one light.

Everything else is usually in flux. The new scrim is great, glad it finally lights up on cue, although it seems to reveal itself about 1 second earlier than it should.

• We Go On.

The skeleton scrim lights up? I may have to check up on a new video.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Yea, Mara's eyes now use the strobes more. The fog now works in both eyes, before it was common to only see it in one.

The other fog effects that would blast out at you as you pass by, still don't seem to be working. Instead all you get is a small blast of air and a red light.

The rat cave fog screen seems to be working better now so the projections are actually visible...

The scrim of the demon right past the snake has been there. But they recently added a UV fixture with a shutter on it that opens and illuninates the scrim in UV as you pass by.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    You didn't notice that that skeleton scrim is brand new?

I mean, the giant skeleton has been there since it opened but it wasn't until the last mini-refurb that they replaced it with a new one.
    Oh, right on! I only get a chance to visit the parks once a year and in the past it's been once every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    The other fog effects that would blast out at you as you pass by, still don't seem to be working. Instead all you get is a small blast of air and a red light.
    I noticed the lack of effect from Mara's eyes. I saw the red light but no effect to accompany it and it felt incomplete to me.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    I've noticed for the last two months or so, the vehicles have been horribly out of sync, and from what I've seen, most have their left headlight out, so when you hit the bridge, the other Jeep is late and showing just one light.
    The headlights are programmed to do that. Also, the "out of sync" thing you mentioned means the jeeps weren't dispatched right at 18 seconds. That's not the rides fault, but rather because it simply wasn't dispatched right away.