Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Junior Senior

Sad Buzz Lightyear Photos Lost in the Mail?

I went to DL on Friday evening and took a hilarious photo on Astro Blasters. I emailed it to myself, and made a point of doublechecking for typos since I made a mistake entering it the first time around. It's Tuesday now and still no sign of my photo, and my friend who was with me hasn't gotten hers either.

Searching MiceChat didn't turn up anything - has this happened to anyone else? I'm pretty bummed, it was a really cool photo and a fun trip in general and it's just sad not to have the picture from it. I know, it's free, can't really complain too loudly about a free service...I guess I'm just looking for someone with a similar story who got the photo in the e-mail a month later out of the blue so I don't totally give up hope.

Thanks...

Re: Buzz Lightyear Photos Lost in the Mail?

Email is not a 100% efficient technology. I'll bet that every now and then a photo gets lost. While it might have been DL's server, it might also have been an issue with your ISP.

This might sound strange, but did you check your spam filter? Sometimes emails get sent there when they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    I went to DL on Friday evening and took a hilarious photo on Astro Blasters. I emailed it to myself, and made a point of doublechecking for typos since I made a mistake entering it the first time around. It's Tuesday now and still no sign of my photo, and my friend who was with me hasn't gotten hers either.

Searching MiceChat didn't turn up anything - has this happened to anyone else? I'm pretty bummed, it was a really cool photo and a fun trip in general and it's just sad not to have the picture from it. I know, it's free, can't really complain too loudly about a free service...I guess I'm just looking for someone with a similar story who got the photo in the e-mail a month later out of the blue so I don't totally give up hope.

Thanks...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

some have suggested checking your bulk email- sometimes the filters catch them.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Junior Senior

Good call on the spam filter - it wasn't there, but I didn't think to check before.

I recognize that email doesn't always work, but it usually does. I figured it was just my bad luck until I found out my friend's photo email didn't come either, and now I'm a little bit more suspicious because that's quite a coincidence, although of course possible. Thanks, though.

• Shubisha

The way internet stuff can go, something might've just been down at that moment you were on the ride and sending yourself pictures and it was fixed shortly after.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

this has happened to me before sorry!!
    <o>

• Disneyland Goober

I think this happened to me once, I figured I typed it wrong or it got lost among the masses of pictures. Sometimes technology isn't always reliable. Good suggestion to check your spam filter, I sometimes even get emails from friends' personal email addresses in there because they sent it to a number of people.

Not really related, but, just out of curiousity...where is the picture taken in the ride? There's so much going on in the ride I can never quite figure it out. Not that I'll stop to take a fun picture when there's friendly competition going on!

• Shubisha

This isn't really meant to diss you or anyone else but is it that unobvious to people when it's taken? I see the question asked a lot and it was pretty clear to me the first time I rode it that my picture just got taken.

To answer your question it's in the final room a second after you come out of the star tunnel and your vehicle is locked and positioned to face zurg and you can see the camera there and I believe it flashes.

• Disneyland Goober

Well I guess it's obvious to some. Everyone I go on never notices where it is. I've only been on it a few times and I was just enjoying trying to rack up the points. I see a lot of flashes in the ride so I guess I never really could tell. Call me stupid, but I didn't think about where the camera was until recently. Thanks for answering, I'll look next time.

• See Ya Real Soon!

I didn't know the first time where the photo was taken but after seeing the photo, it was pretty obvious when in the ride it was taken.

Always make sure to check your bulk/spam folder if you are expecting something. Since email is almost instant, if it isn't there when you get home, then its either in your bulk/spam folder or it is lost in cyber space. That said I got both mine that we sent back in July. My mom didn't get either of her's.

• Minion

Hey ... I didn't get my photo either. I went on Buzz on Sunday .. no pic on email!

• :)

yea I actually had posted the exact same thing about 3 days ago, it sucks

• Koubu Pilot

Sometimes, a message is sent and the receiver doesn't receive it for a long time. I have a yahoo email account and sometimes I have to clear out messages that arrive a month after being sent (I've had some older than that!). Who knows, maybe it'll be in your email in time for your 75th birthday.

• Fish Food

We rode Buzz last week and we were very disappointed that we didn't get our photos. Both pictures were sent to two addresses and no one got anything.

• out & about

normally i wouldnt care if my pic got lost but mondays picture was extra special. It was the first time I "ranked"! ok, so i was ranked at 48 but still i was quite impressed with myself. Even better than that my friend ranked 9!! too bad no one believes us since we have no proof!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast