Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

So Much for the Halloween Parties

So I just read Al's update and he says that anybody that is in the park during the Halloween parties will be able to stay? So what is the point of paying for it. We all know just as Al pointed out that they are not going to keep track of wristbands and deny people on rides and meet n greets as they say. Am I the only one that is upset about this? Yes I know people were upset about the fireworks only being for party people but I though that was an awesome perk and along with the other things for the party was worth the extra ticket price. Now I feel like I have just been scammed out of 88 bucks for 4 tix from disney.

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: So Much for the Halloween Parties

That is really stupid. I don't attend them, but if I did I would be really mad. Either make it free for everyone, or make everyone pay.

Quote Originally Posted by bobados View Post
    So I just read Al's update and he says that anybody that is in the park during the Halloween parties will be able to stay? So what is the point of paying for it. We all know just as Al pointed out that they are not going to keep track of wristbands and deny people on rides and meet n greets as they say. Am I the only one that is upset about this? Yes I know people were upset about the fireworks only being for party people but I though that was an awesome perk and along with the other things for the party was worth the extra ticket price. Now I feel like I have just been scammed out of 88 bucks for 4 tix from disney.

Go to the Disneyland website and send them an email about the concerns you have after reading the information in the update. It will be interesting to see what they have to say regarding this.

dsny1mom

• DMTNT

I have been attending the event since it started and was excited about the fact they were moving it to Disneyland this year (even though the ticket price increased substantially). But after reading Al's update there is no way I am planning to pay $54 a ticket.

• Seasick

Sounds ridiculous to me.

With nothing else to do, day guests could spend hours camping out for the best Fireworks spots.

Cast members may be yelled at by confused day guests who don't understand why they can't go on attractions, despite paying for a full day at Disneyland, which is still open.

If I pay $50+ for an exclusive event, I'd be justifiably angry to find out it's packed with people they decided to let in for free.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Future Indy Castmember

This is really pathetic. Its not a real event if you have people who didn't pay the extra $ to attend the event mixed in with those that did. I would rather have the enitre plan scrapped and have not trick-or-treat party this year.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Thats good, he also mentioned that after a while the CMs dont check for wristbands thats even better.... what more do you guys want, first you complain about not getting to see the firework then they come up with a solution and you complain about that too? I hate my job but I love it....get my point?

•   
    • Senior Minion

I have to admit that it is a crazy move on Disney's part, yet the do this at WDW for extra magic hours. What they do is that the CM's at all the rides ask to see your room key before they let you get into the queue, and it was very well done at WDW ... if DL CM's can do the same I don't see a problem in stopping access to the parts of the Halloween event that are paid for. Although it is kinda pricey for candy and character meet and greets.

I also have to add that I enjoyed the fact that even though DCA wasn't ever very crowded anyway, during the Halloween event there you felt as if you had the park all to yourself ... now I see this won't be the case at DL.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow... we have no where to corral 20,000 people in a holding pattern while we shoo everyone else out... what did they do when the party was in DCA? You closed the park, kicked everyone out then an hour or so later opened the gates again to the people holding the ticket to the event. They can't do the same thing at Disneyland? And if not, why did they even bother to move the party to that park in the first place. They never had this issue when it was in DCA. This is not going to be pretty...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobados View Post
    They are just doing what they do in Florida. If you don't have a wristband, you won't be able to ride the attractions (if the castmembers are checking), nor will you be able to trick-or-treat.

They'll make announcements telling the day guests that Disneyland is closing for the day, etc.

Considering the concerns that many had about the fireworks only being available for paid guests, the is probably the best solution for everyone. The kids will still be able to trick-or-treat in Disneyland but the regular guests will still be able to see fireworks before they go home for the day.

This is a VERY good solution that Disneyland has come up with.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• "Always On The Move..."

i just feel that I paid $54.00 for the privilege of wearing my costume in the park and I can't even get into the earlier hours while wearing that.... So much for the private ticketed event. NOT a Happy Camper here...
    Last edited by AlohaStitch; 07-06-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Yeah I'm glad we didn't get tickets yet. Also, alls someone will need to do is find out what color wrist band they are giving out and then hit up your local dollar store. This is going to open up hundreds of different ways to game the system, especially for those who are really creative.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    They are just doing what they do in Florida. If you don't have a wristband, you won't be able to ride the attractions (if the castmembers are checking), nor will you be able to trick-or-treat.

They'll make announcements telling the day guests that Disneyland is closing for the day, etc.

Considering the concerns that many had about the fireworks only being available for paid guests, the is probably the best solution for everyone. The kids will still be able to trick-or-treat in Disneyland but the regular guests will still be able to see fireworks before they go home for the day.

I dunno... I think a better solution might of been to go ahead and have the fireworks on nights that there was no party so the AP'ers could come see them since I think for the most part, it was the AP crowd that was most upset that they would not be able to see the Halloween fireworks. It may work in Florida, but I'm not so sure it translates as well to the West coast. We have a higher AP base on this side, and I think a lot of people (just like AlohaStitch) feel that if they paid extra for a special ticketed event that was suppose to be exclusive, they are getting short changed if the only thing they are getting for the extra money is a chance to pick up some free candy, stand in lines for characters (which despite the wristbands only will have long lines) and exclusive rides... providing the CM's actually check for wrist bands the entire night.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

No more Halloween party crap
    I don't see anyone paying the greedy executives extra money to go on rides, meet characters, and dressing in a costume
    The prievious plan and this new one are both equally horrible to me

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

I don't think emulating Florida is a good idea at all.

Wasn't Disneyland quite crowded last October, in no small part because a lot of annual passholders flocked to see the Halloween fireworks, only available in that one month window?

This year, it will be the same thing, but with the fireworks only on certain nights, it will be insane. Take all those people who visited in October just for the fireworks, and now pack them into a smaller number of days, and you've got some potential crowd control issues, to say the least.

In Florida, I imagine there is a smaller hardcore fan base than there is in Anaheim. Guests there (a greater percentage being tourists) are more likely to adhere to the closing announcement, or just skip the MK altogether that day.

How many readers does Al have? A major Disney blog is telling people that if they crash the party, cast members won't even bother checking for wristbands anyway. I do hope Disney make plans to strictly enforce that aspect of it, but I pity the poor cast members who have to deal with public who think the rules don't apply to them.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast