Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Innoventions in Seattle Times

Here's a link to an article about how out of date Innoventions is from the Seattle Times

Microsoft Pri0 | Microsoft yesteryear at Disneyland's Innoventions | Seattle Times Newspaper

Discuss!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Re: Innoventions in Seattle Times

Innoventions has got to go

if things were kept up to date like Walt would have wanted then this place would be really cool. im excited for things that this article mentioned like Kinect (it will always be Natal to me). They dont do that though. Personally i think that they should remodel the place. Go ask companies to display all their up and coming stuff and things that arent available anywhere else. Example:Apple would have the new ipad there with several demos right after it gets announced, or Microsoft puts a game there as thier big game announcement, along with demos.

Honestly, Disney really ignores where the future is going. Tomorrowland could be amazing, things are now much easily replaceable, with things that can be fully updated with the press of a button. Things move at a fast pace, if Disney could keep up with these trends that place would be really popular. I mean look how insane people are for Apple even though they limit so much. The power of technology is greatly increasing everyday, so is the demand.

First things first, make wifi available for free everywhere in the park, change the password everyday so no one steals. Then once their done with DCA redo Tomorrowland, quickly, at once, its doable. Make the entire thing easy to update so even up to every season its changeable. Things like Space Mountain should have real space(working with NASA they could keep an updated database. Think of it, every time you go on it could be a different part of space, maybe just in our galaxy.

Im gonna stop, cause i could go on forever with ideas, mainly cause this attraction was very disappointing to me. Tomorrowland is my favorite section, and i desperately want to see it shine like it did when i was a kid in the early 90s. One day we will see either a working people mover or no track, lets hope it the first.
    Last edited by RaddaRadda; 07-06-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: messed up spelling and some sentences first time

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Innoventions landed in the bottom five of Disneyland attractions for the day. It was neck and neck with the Chip 'n Dale Treehouse.
    How do you know which attractions are in the bottom five? I assume she means in terms of visits for the day. I didn't think this type of information was available?

Walking in Walt's footsteps

I'm not sure how plausible Kinnect demos may or may not be

realizing most APers would dink around alot on demos and such and demos are meant to provide just a taste of the technology. I can imagine people finding all sorts of glitches and problems and losing interest in prototype iPads and Kinnects there's a reason companies don't want the general public always dealing with things.

Then again a well made demo would have the opposite effect both for the product and the attraction itself. Still constructing demos often takes away from time that could be put to use with getting the product onto the market more immediately.

I'd rather see educational type games put up as displays and then perhaps have a demo or two that is well done in spots to type the thing together.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Artistic integrity

I'm so use to seeing commentary on Disneyland Resort through local media companies .... I wouldn't have thought in the world it would take a Seattle Washington media business to have a go at Innoventions.

Here's hoping that rumored Tron E Ticket sends Innoventions finally off into orbit!

12+ years of agony ... can't take it anymore!

• Vroom, vroom!

ok seriously, Who in there right mind owns a Zune?
    do this...
    Take the Z and move down 2 letters, looping back to the front and you get B
    take the U and move Backward 2 letters and you get S
    take the N and move down one and you get O
    take the E and move back one and you get D

The code is Back forward back forward 2 2 1 1
    so the real meaning behind the Zune using this code?
    B.S.O.D.
    or
    Blue Screen Of Death
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• We Go On.

That's it. Innoventions is just too much real estate for too little of an attraction, or more like distraction.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    How do you know which attractions are in the bottom five? I assume she means in terms of visits for the day. I didn't think this type of information was available?
    I think the writer meant it was in her party's bottom five attractions for the day, in terms of how much they enjoyed the experience.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• "I Break Things"

for those of us who work in the tech field... it is extremely underwhelming.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    for those of us who work in the tech field... it is extremely underwhelming.

For those of us who DON'T work in the tech field... it is also extremely underwhelming.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    for those of us who don't work in the tech field... It is also extremely underwhelming.
    :d
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    For those of us who DON'T work in the tech field... it is also extremely underwhelming.
    For EVERYONE... it is extremely underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I'm not sure how plausible Kinnect demos may or may not be

realizing most APers would dink around alot on demos and such and demos are meant to provide just a taste of the technology. I can imagine people finding all sorts of glitches and problems and losing interest in prototype iPads and Kinnects there's a reason companies don't want the general public always dealing with things.

Then again a well made demo would have the opposite effect both for the product and the attraction itself. Still constructing demos often takes away from time that could be put to use with getting the product onto the market more immediately.

I'd rather see educational type games put up as displays and then perhaps have a demo or two that is well done in spots to type the thing together.
    I'm glad you're so certain with your feelings about demos and aren't waffling at all.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I'm so use to seeing commentary on Disneyland Resort through local media companies .... I wouldn't have thought in the world it would take a Seattle Washington media business to have a go at Innoventions.
    Except that Microsoft is in the Seattle area and it makes MS look bad, too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast