Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Could the Red Car Trolley be extended throughout the park?

California zephyr is way to big. The California zephyr in the park is smaller I think the only thing real on it is the very front of the train.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post

Lol wasnt that like yesterday in the tracker thread?
    Maybe...

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    California zephyr is way to big. The California zephyr in the park is smaller I think the only thing real on it is the very front of the train.
    Couldn't you just have a Cali Zephyr with just two trains..?

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    Maybe...
    Lol I'm on to you. :P

• Banned User

The trolley could easily travel up the el camino real(performance corridor) and stop in front of the palace of fine arts

• Banned User

My main problem with this is that the walkways in DCA too narrow I think. What works about the train in DL is that it rides on the outskirts. It doesn't go through Adventureland you know? Also with the upper cables involved, they'd have to worry about keeping everything near it attached to it. I think it would turn into a mess. The park is not big enough to make this necessary.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I guess so, Disney would have more planning to do and some money to make it but I guess they could try if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Jack's Posse

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    My main problem with this is that the walkways in DCA too narrow I think. What works about the train in DL is that it rides on the outskirts. It doesn't go through Adventureland you know? Also with the upper cables involved, they'd have to worry about keeping everything near it attached to it. I think it would turn into a mess. The park is not big enough to make this necessary.
    You're right. That's why they are only doing it in certain areas of the Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    It'd be nice, the main thing I dislike about DCA is the layout, have to do too much walking to get to different places as opposed to working off of a hub.
    Completely agree, there's isn't a good uniform flow, and this is why I believe the extension of the Red Car trolleys would never work.

I did a screen capture on Google maps, and highlighted the current future projects. The 'red line' of course represents the 'Red Car' trolleys, and as one can see with the rest of the park from a birds eye view (or as Hitchcock calls it, 'God's point of view'). The walkways beyond Hollywood & the new upcoming Buena Vista Street pretty much look like a maze of pathways with no main traffic flow.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Completely agree, there's isn't a good uniform flow, and this is why I believe the extension of the Red Car trolleys would never work.

I did a screen capture on Google maps, and highlighted the current future projects. The 'red line' of course represents the 'Red Car' trolleys, and as one can see with the rest of the park from a birds eye view (or as Hitchcock calls it, 'God's point of view'). The walkways beyond Hollywood & the new upcoming Buena Vista Street pretty much look like a maze of pathways with no main traffic flow.
    I'm sorry, I don't want to pick on you, but I get so sick of hearing how bad DCA's layout is when in reality it won't be that bad at all once phase one is complete. The biggest challenge DCA will still face is seperation of lands, not pedestrian flow. In fact, DCA should have one of the more easly layouts to navigate of all Disney's parks.

The new layout will create four loops that all lead back to the parade corridor. This make it really easy to navigate and very difficult to to get lost. The loops also connect with each other at a few locations, providing easy routes to take new shortcuts across the park.

Also, the biggest problem with DCA is that there are so few rides in the middle of the park that it's a long way to go between rides. Once TLM and Mater's are built more in the middle of the park, most guests will find themselves walking much less before they arrive at the next attraction they wish to ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Also, the biggest problem with DCA is that there are so few rides in the middle of the park that it's a long way to go between rides. Once TLM and Mater's are built more in the middle of the park, most guests will find themselves walking much less before they arrive at the next attraction they wish to ride.
    I like this point, they need more to do in the middle of the park besides eat and shop, and look at exhibits
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

I agree with Uncle Bob, i just don't see why people keep saying that has a bad layout. Yes it had some flaws with Hollywood being at the far end of the park and being a dead end but with the addition of Carsland it will create a nice loop that would bring guest back to the parade route without getting lost.

I also agree that the problem right now is the lack of attractions in the middle of the park and that seems to be getting fixed.

I also do not see a problem with adding a second line of transportatin from the Carthay to the Paradise Pier hub. The Parade route is pretty wide and since it has no sidewalks should work well.

the question would be which side to add the poles and wires. I would say that the east side would be best. The cars would travel closer to the bugsland side and then have a stop right before the Carsland main entrance. They would then continue and have the last stop right before the wharf bridge.

They do not even need a maintenance building because they could easily add a connection track to the original route. When the trolleys need to be put out of service they would travel towards the original tracks and then head out to the barn behind ToT.

after all that i still think that instead of extending the trolley the best and easiest way to add transporation would be individual cars. The advantages are that they could have several diferent vehicles travel not only from Carsland to the Paradise Pier hub but also go down all the way to the end of the parade route with stops along the way. The last stop would be somewhere near the Garden grill area.

The only thing that would have to be built would be themed signs where the stops would go and somekind of small hub at the end of the route to allow vehicles to turn around. The problem i see with this is that there is little room for something like that in that corner of the park. The best solution would be to push back the parade gate a bit and create a nice landscaped turn in that corner using a piece of that backstage property. It could be eaisly done and still have the main route access for the parade.
    The other and temporary idea would be to take advantage of the hopefully soon to be removed Maliboomer space. The area is large enough to create a themed hub in the middle of the helix with enough room around it to allow the cars to make a turn back to the main parade route

• Banned User

They were gonna have open topped limos travel down hollywoodland and antique vehicles traveling down the soon to be el camino real. I dont think the limos would work anymore, but they could still do the antique vehicles

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    They were gonna have open topped limos travel down hollywoodland and antique vehicles traveling down the soon to be el camino real. I dont think the limos would work anymore, but they could still do the antique vehicles
    I never knew that before, where did you hear about it?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I never knew that before, where did you hear about it?
    Al lutz articles

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I agree with Uncle Bob, i just don't see why people keep saying that has a bad layout. Yes it had some flaws with Hollywood being at the far end of the park and being a dead end but with the addition of Carsland it will create a nice loop that would bring guest back to the parade route without getting lost.

I also agree that the problem right now is the lack of attractions in the middle of the park and that seems to be getting fixed.

I also do not see a problem with adding a second line of transportatin from the Carthay to the Paradise Pier hub. The Parade route is pretty wide and since it has no sidewalks should work well.

the question would be which side to add the poles and wires. I would say that the east side would be best. The cars would travel closer to the bugsland side and then have a stop right before the Carsland main entrance. They would then continue and have the last stop right before the wharf bridge.

They do not even need a maintenance building because they could easily add a connection track to the original route. When the trolleys need to be put out of service they would travel towards the original tracks and then head out to the barn behind ToT.

after all that i still think that instead of extending the trolley the best and easiest way to add transporation would be individual cars. The advantages are that they could have several diferent vehicles travel not only from Carsland to the Paradise Pier hub but also go down all the way to the end of the parade route with stops along the way. The last stop would be somewhere near the Garden grill area.

The only thing that would have to be built would be themed signs where the stops would go and somekind of small hub at the end of the route to allow vehicles to turn around. The problem i see with this is that there is little room for something like that in that corner of the park. The best solution would be to push back the parade gate a bit and create a nice landscaped turn in that corner using a piece of that backstage property. It could be eaisly done and still have the main route access for the parade.
    The other and temporary idea would be to take advantage of the hopefully soon to be removed Maliboomer space. The area is large enough to create a themed hub in the middle of the helix with enough room around it to allow the cars to make a turn back to the main parade route
    I don't know what the final layout will be, but do you think there might be enough space to turn around in front of Goofy's Sky School? I think I've seen a little round a bout shown in some of the artwork for that area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast