Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Closes Earlier for Refurb for Holiday Overlay - August 30...

For the first time since the overlay began, the Haunted Mansion will be closed beginning on August 30 through September 16. Usually the Mansion closes the Tuesday after Labor Day for the overlay installation, but since Disney moved up the start of Halloween Time which begins on Friday, September 17, the refurb was moved up. The Mansion is a popular attraction that has always been open for the Labor Day Weekend/Marathon Weekend, which is a popular weekend. But Disney is closing the Mansion after Disney's "summer season" ends on August 29. This year Disney's "summer season" began on June 11 and ends on August 29.

Halloween Time begins in the summer but fall/autumn begins on September 22. Disney is cashing in on the crowds that Halloween TIme brings. It is OK with me but Halloween season starting on Sept. 17? Closing the Mansion before Labor Day?
    Please make adjustments to your HM riding plans.

The Calendar Page on the DL website says Halloween Time begins on Sept. 17.
    Last edited by JoeCool; 07-10-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: DL website info

• Banned User

Re: Haunted Mansion Closes Earlier for Refurb for Holiday Overlay - August 30...

We ride this almost every time we go, so I won't really miss it, but I do feel bad for people who can't go before this and were looking forward to it. Hopefully they'll change it up this year.

Re: Haunted Mansion Closes Earlier for Refurb for Holiday Overlay - August 30...

Earlier?!?!

I always think it's dumb to overlay the HM before Halloween, because it's already appropriately themed for Halloween. I think it would be better to do the overlay after Halloween because HMH is more geared toward the winter holiday season.

Not sure how anyone can disagree with this... In the story of The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack wants to have Christmas in Halloween Land -- Not have Christmas on Halloween.

Where do I write to Disneyland and explain my case?

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DizMagic View Post
    Earlier?!?!

I always think it's dumb to overlay the HM before Halloween, because it's already appropriately themed for Halloween. I think it would be better to do the overlay after Halloween because HMH is more geared toward the winter holiday season.

Not sure how anyone can disagree with this... In the story of The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack wants to have Christmas in Halloween Land -- Not have Christmas on Halloween.

I could be wrong on my dates, but when Haunted Mansion Holiday opened for the first time in 2001(?) it WAS a winter season overlay. It was not until the introduction of HalloweenTime in 2006(?) that they extended it's run to include the fall season as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    I could be wrong on my dates, but when Haunted Mansion Holiday opened for the first time in 2001(?) it WAS a winter season overlay. It was not until the introduction of HalloweenTime in 2006(?) that they extended it's run to include the fall season as well.

I think you maybe right.

That's over four months of The Nightmare Before Christmas. More than 1/3 of the year the Haunted Mansion is not its usual self. At what point is it time to call it quits and just build a separate Nightmare ride so people can enjoy the Haunted Mansion year round again?

If that's the case, I think it makes sense to go back to this kind of winter overlay.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ducksman View Post
    That's over four months of The Nightmare Before Christmas. More than 1/3 of the year the Haunted Mansion is not its usual self. At what point is it time to call it quits and just build a separate Nightmare ride so people can enjoy the Haunted Mansion year round again?
    I agree with you, build a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction in DCA in the Hollywood Section. It is getting bad when on a major holiday weekend and a Disney event weekend - the Marathon, there is no Haunted Mansion.

• vintage disney love

Earlier?!?!

i couldn't agree more with this! i thought the same thing last year when i was there in early fall and it was done up for christmas already! i get that he's from halloween land, but santa costumes and snow for halloween theme ing. i think it's better suited for a "end" of fall/halloween to holiday theme.

• vintage disney love

i'm actually surprised they haven't built a nightmare before christmas attraction yet,unless they like the idea of drawing crowds to the mansion with jack. but i could care less. i mean i like the overlay, but i would rather see the actual mansion and a separate nbc ride. and then maybe if they want to they could just decorate the mansion for the holidays during the holiday time. i would much rather see real holiday decorations on it anyways, rather than xmas/halloween.

• Planning my next trip...

Earlier?!?!

Ditto! The traditional version of the ride is too great to be covered over for that long a period of time. We usually can only make a trip to Disneyland in the fall or early winter, so I haven't seen the normal HM in years!! I'm really getting sick of the Nightmare overlay. I'm not a huge fan of the movie anyway, so that doesn't help the matter ...but that's besides the point.

We're going to stay at the GCH overnight on Sept. 18 as a kind of "end of summer" trip since its always so hot in Sept. Its the start of the Halloween celebration? Unbelievable. Not what I was expecting.

• Jack's Posse

If u think about it. Haunted Mansion Holiday always has a long wait time while the regular HM doesn't. The HMH proves to be more popular then the regular HM.
    But I don't get why they are doingit so early.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Koubu Pilot

It was earlier than 2006. I went Oct 2005 and HMH was open. Anyone know when Oct was first included in HMH?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSkellington View Post
    If u think about it. Haunted Mansion Holiday always has a long wait time while the regular HM doesn't. The HMH proves to be more popular then the regular HM.
    But I don't get why they are doingit so early.
    The original Haunted Mansion is more popular. The Holiday version draws crowds because it is on for a limited time. The Holiday version is popular as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast