Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: What costumes are basically never used?

^^Well for the opening of SSS, they used both Clarabelle and Horace costumes.

Last month in the morning in front of the Matterhorn was the Alice group all toghther.
    Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Red Queen, Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

The Stepsisters have been in the Holiday parade and the Hollyween party. In 2008 the stepsister "friends" with their stepmother were super entertaining. They constantly were shouting and shoving each other, and insisting the they were the Pretty one. They had many bits, and had made up their own songs... and many moves in unision, and when a Cinderella appeared they insisted that she preform their chores. I could watch them all night. I did not see them in 2009.

I saw this dancer both years, and thought it was just a dance costume.... However, later I saw two different small girls with the same exact costume including the orange wig......

Is this a Disney character I am not familiar with?

• Mouse at work

Wall*e
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Wall-E is gone.... They do not carry the toys is the stores anymore replaced with TS3. There are very few Wall-E items now at DLR. I still love my New AXIOM Exectuive Starliner T-Shirt.

This was removed about a year ago. He is in the new WOC Show.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

I saw this dancer both years, and thought it was just a dance costume.... However, later I saw two different small girls with the same exact costume including the orange wig......

Is this a Disney character I am not familiar with?
    Not a Disney character. The costume is a variant of Rubie's "Pumpkin Spice", the wig is the same as Rubie's. Rubie's costumes are, as seen from the link, available practically anywhere.

pumpkin spice costume - Google Product Search

As to unused or retired costumes, think of all the creepy big-head non-functioning arm costumes from previous years, like the Dwarves, the 3 Little Pigs, and the Mad Hatter. More recently, how about the Million Dreams costumes for the Fab Five?

• Mecha-Shiva! Mecha-Shiva!

Cool thread! I know I'm always stoked when I see a picture or even catch a rare costume/character walking around the park.

Don't they bring out Merlin for the "Sword in the Stone" ceremonies they do in front of the carousel? I remember being so awed by that as a kid! I dunno, maybe that's gone. Haven't seen it in a awhile.

• Minion

How sad (and ironic) that they would discard WALL*E to the trash heap so quickly. Kind of antithetical to the theme of the film. The film won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film of the Year, and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association named WALL*E the best film, period, of 2008. Plus a ton of other awards and nominations. Yet 2 years later they are dumping him in the trash. Don't they have any pride in their films?

How often are these seen?

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Gudrun View Post
    Don't they bring out Merlin for the "Sword in the Stone" ceremonies they do in front of the carousel? I remember being so awed by that as a kid! I dunno, maybe that's gone. Haven't seen it in a awhile.
    Sorry to say but Merlin has how could I put it. He has retire. He has been gone send last year. I had hear rumors in 2008 that he was going to get a new outfit that it was going to be blue with stars on that hat. But when Disneyland had to do budget cuts Merlin was shown the pink slip. Hopely one of these years he will be back.

• Minion

Between Disneyland, WDW, the Ice Shows and Disney on Parade, there have been many, many official costumes no longer in use.

Some of the costumes that were regularly seen out and about at Disneyland in past years, but seldom today:

Big Head Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, March Hare (in parades only), Walrus, Tweedle Dee & Dum, Queen of Hearts, Thumper, Flower, Jaq, Gus, Susie, Perla, The Three Little Pigs, Big Bad Wolf, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Br'er Fox, Br'er Bear, Col. Hathi, Baloo, King Louie, Mowgli, Bernard, Bianca, The Seven Dwarfs, Gideon, Honest John, Stromboli (in parades), Dumbo, Winnie-the-Pooh (with hunny jar), King Leoneidas, Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Little John, Robin Hood, Ratigan, Wacky Reindeer, Country Bears, etc., etc.

And there are tons more.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Between Disneyland, WDW, the Ice Shows and Disney on Parade, there have been many, many official costumes no longer in use.

Some of the costumes that were regularly seen out and about at Disneyland in past years, but seldom today:

Big Head Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, March Hare (in parades only), Walrus, Tweedle Dee & Dum, Queen of Hearts, Thumper, Flower, Jaq, Gus, Susie, Perla, The Three Little Pigs, Big Bad Wolf, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Br'er Fox, Br'er Bear, Col. Hathi, Baloo, King Louie, Mowgli, Bernard, Bianca, The Seven Dwarfs, Gideon, Honest John, Stromboli (in parades), Dumbo, Winnie-the-Pooh (with hunny jar), King Leoneidas, Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Little John, Robin Hood, Ratigan, Wacky Reindeer, Country Bears, etc., etc.

And there are tons more.
    Wrong on some of these characters. I see Capt. Hook almost every time I go to Disneyland same thing with Brer Fox and Brer Bear. Now with Honest John he was just out last month cause I did get photos with him.

Hook as of June 26th

Honest John as of June 26th

As for Big Bad Wolf like I said he comes out durning Halloween time only. Ture he wasn't out last year but in the past he has been. I do hope Disney brings him back out this year.

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Wrong on some of these characters. I see Capt. Hook almost every time I go to Disneyland same thing with Brer Fox and Brer Bear. Now with Honest John he was just out last month cause I did get photos with him.

Hook as of June 26th

Honest John as of June 26th

As for Big Bad Wolf like I said he comes out durning Halloween time only. Ture he wasn't out last year but in the past he has been. I do hope Disney brings him back out this year.
    Capt Hook you get all the best pics! Ive been to dl 3 times in the past 2 years n haven't seen Mulan once! lol
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

One word for you. Daveland. It is the best resource in the world for photos of characters that you will no longer see in the parks (like my favorite, Prince John! )
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Mecha-Shiva! Mecha-Shiva!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Sorry to say but Merlin has how could I put it. He has retire. He has been gone send last year. I had hear rumors in 2008 that he was going to get a new outfit that it was going to be blue with stars on that hat. But when Disneyland had to do budget cuts Merlin was shown the pink slip. Hopely one of these years he will be back.
    Awwwww! Lame! Well, at least that explains why I haven't seen it recently. Whatta bummer.

• Jack's Posse

I think the real question is why aren't they in use
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    Capt Hook you get all the best pics! Ive been to dl 3 times in the past 2 years n haven't seen Mulan once! lol
    I know send they took Mulan out of Princess Fantasy Faire her and Pocahontas are getting hard to fine. Last time I saw Mulan was over at DCA by the Tortea factory and that was right before the food and wine fest. As for Pocahantas last time I saw her was around my birthday which is in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSkellington View Post
    I think the real question is why aren't they in use
    I know what you mean. Disney things send nobody knows who they are they don't need to bring them out. The thing is for people to know who they are they need to bring them out so they know who they are. When they relest Robin Hood on DVD last year I though for sure we would see them out in Disneyland but we didn't. Samething when Pinocchio came out for his 70h birthday I would had though Disneyland would have him and his gang out but they didn't. So Disneyland needs to bring them out more for people and the kids get to know them better.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast