Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: What costumes are basically never used?

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    I know WDW had a Horace costume back in the day... has Disneyland ever had him out? I love him and Clarabelle! They are part of the classic gang that needs more face time.
    They were at the opening ceremony for Silly Symphony Swings!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Sorry to say but Merlin has how could I put it. He has retire. He has been gone send last year. I had hear rumors in 2008 that he was going to get a new outfit that it was going to be blue with stars on that hat. But when Disneyland had to do budget cuts Merlin was shown the pink slip. Hopely one of these years he will be back.
    I actually just saw Merlin the last time I was there, now he wasn't doing meet and greets but he was helping with the awards ceremony for Heritage Festival, and he was in that version of drawn to magic
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Aristocat~!

Gosh, I wish I could pull old home videos off VHS to show you guys these old characters. We have a lot of footage of the less seen guys at Plaza Inn breakfast (I believe, may be off on the name)

All of Robin Hood's gang, pretty much, Rescue Rangers, Gipeddo (unless he's still around? I don't see him much..), and Brer animals who are sort of rare? nowadays.. were the ones I noticed the most. It's really cool footage, most from 1990. They had so many more available characters back then and the characters really played with you and gave more than just a hug and a goodbye.

I miss that type of Disneyland!

• Banned User

They need to up the amount of characters seen with those thousands and thousands of costumes they have backstage, they have the material, they need to up the character dept. and have more characters out, to match the amount of people, its crazy to think 55 characters is going to be a "Treat" when there are going to be 65'000 people min. in the park? that doesn't seem like a correct ratio.

Now, dont get me wrong, the character dept. shouldn't be the largest dept. but cant we get at least a 100 out and about between DCA and DL?

• Cars Land Rocks!

These are pictures I took of Mulan at DCA in January.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AllyIsAPirate View Post
    They need to up the amount of characters seen with those thousands and thousands of costumes they have backstage, they have the material, they need to up the character dept. and have more characters out, to match the amount of people, its crazy to think 55 characters is going to be a "Treat" when there are going to be 65'000 people min. in the park? that doesn't seem like a correct ratio.

Now, dont get me wrong, the character dept. shouldn't be the largest dept. but cant we get at least a 100 out and about between DCA and DL?
    I agree, I remember when it used to be that you could walk down Main Street and see characters every 20 yards (like they do in the morning) and you could do a ride with a character. I personally want this to come back, I have always wanted to do a ride with goofy, pluto, or especially face characters cause you can talk to them. I do have to day that some characters can still be really animated with you, it just depends on how animated you are. I was really animated when I saw pluto, and he was really animated to me too, of course in that case, he didn't have a huge crowd surrounding him or anything so he could take time with you.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

I don't have it available to upload, but when I was little I got a photo with several Disney Afternoon characters, including Darkwing Duck, Goliath from Gargoyles, and Rebecca, Kit , and Don Karnage from Tailspin.

• Vroom, vroom!

Maybe on the 75th aniversary they can have all of them out?
    Actually, I would pay extra to see all of the charicters out, Minus the doubles, and I am willing to bet that if there were more charicters out then we would be able to interact with them better.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    and I am willing to bet that if there were more charicters out then we would be able to interact with them better.
    This is it exactly, if there were more characters out and about in the park, and not in themed M&G locations, then I believe that we'd actually be able to truly interact with the characters, because with more characters available, it theoretically means that the guests will be spread out more throughout the park, meaning that each guest will feel like they only have to wait 10-15 minutes to see the character, as opposed to 30+ for pixie hollow
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Queen Elsa

I know I wish they would bring out different characters every day and not the sameone all year long. OK keep Mickey and the gang and the Princess and Pooh gang but for time to time replace say the Incredables with say the Robin Hood gang or say replace The Alice gang for Hunchback gang. Now I don't mean to keep Alice and the Incredables away like they are doing with Robin Hood,Hunchback or Genie and Clarabelle. But have other characters out as well.

• herp derp

I kinda want to see Daisy get out more. According to Wikipedia, Daisy is one of the rarest characters to find.
    When was the last time anyone saw her? Last time I did was back in 2004 or 3 in Goofy's Kitchen.
    Not only that, but I also saw Max (Goofy's son) there too!

Have they ever had Oswald out before? I think it'd be cool to see him as well.
    YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF MY SIGNATURE!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NintenDisney View Post
    I kinda want to see Daisy get out more. According to Wikipedia, Daisy is one of the rarest characters to find.
    When was the last time anyone saw her? Last time I did was back in 2004 or 3 in Goofy's Kitchen.

I think she's in C!ASP
    But as a meetable character, I have no idea
    Anyways, it can't be hard for the costume department to bring out as many characters to greet guests. I mean think about it, doesn't it get old watching Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland, Mickey and Friends in Toontown/Mainstreet, Pooh in Critter Country, and Alice in Wonderland wherever. These are all good characters to see, but let children look at the great characters in Disney's past that they may have not seen. A good example was that picture from Capt. Hook's Honest John picture. "Mommy who's that, oh that's Honest John/Foulfellow." If the parent doesn't know the characters name they should rent the movie for the kid to find out who the character is. My overall point, just expose todays children to way more past Disney characters

•   
    • Super Hero

I worked in Costuming back in the Golden Days. Part of the Parade Costuming building had shelves and shelves of boxes with the contents marked on the outside of the boxes. The boxes contained costume parts ("Mickey Space Helmet", "Fiesta Goofy", that sort of thing). There was no inventory system, no rhyme or reason as to how the boxes were arranged. You just sort of remembered the general vicinity of where a box was located over a few years of endless hunting for your targets.

One day, I came across a box marked, "Evinrude". He was the dragonfly from "The Rescuers". The costume was hysterical. The head had the huge bugged out eyes and spiky mustache, the sweater was incredibly tiny, and the wings were very delicate. I was told the person who played Evinrude had to be very short (less than 5 feet) and have very skinny legs.

I don't know if any pictures of Evinrude as a park character or at the movie's premiere are around, but I'd love to see him.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by NintenDisney View Post

Funny that you had to say Daisy. I as well have had a hard time trying to meet her what I have been told is the only way to see her is at one of the Hotels. I think it's the one the has surf with Mickey and Stitch. But I finally did get to see Daisy this year on Main Street. Well I kind of saw her. I did get two pics of her. I just walk in Main Street from coming over from DCA and was about to go into Donald's line when I saw her. As I was getting in line for Daisy the CM told me that she was done for the day. I ask her can I at least get her autograph which I did and I did get the photos of her.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I think she's in C!ASP
    But as a meetable character, I have no idea
    Anyways, it can't be hard for the costume department to bring out as many characters to greet guests. I mean think about it, doesn't it get old watching Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland, Mickey and Friends in Toontown/Mainstreet, Pooh in Critter Country, and Alice in Wonderland wherever. These are all good characters to see, but let children look at the great characters in Disney's past that they may have not seen. A good example was that picture from Capt. Hook's Honest John picture. "Mommy who's that, oh that's Honest John/Foulfellow." If the parent doesn't know the characters name they should rent the movie for the kid to find out who the character is. My overall point, just expose todays children to way more past Disney characters

Agreed, i mean, when you think about it, when we had larger parades (PoD) Disney would pay these CM's for 4(?) or 6(?) hour shifts, and they were only in the parade for about 20 mins at 3... why wouldn't disney have these characters go out and do meet-n-greets while they weren't in the parade, un-like C!ASP Showing many times a day for long amounts of time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast