Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Re: What costumes are basically never used?

Others I would like to see are Blue Fairy,Flora,Fauna & Merryweather. Why is it we can only have the Fairy Godmother and Tinkerbell and her Fairies but not the other Fairies for meet and greet. I mean they can put them by the castle like they do with Fairy Godmother.

• herp derp

^I agree. I've only seen the Sleeping Beauty fairies in Parade of Dreams and Blue Fairy in the old Electrical Parade. Tinkerbell's got to enough spotlight, no? Let the other fairies show their faces!
    YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF MY SIGNATURE!!

• Banned User

I think the other faries could go join Tink @ pixie hallow.. they are the same size right?

• Lost Boy

Sadly the US parks are very static in regards to what characters are out. There is very little randomness at WDW and from what I have seen (and have heard in this thread) the same is true in DL. In WDW you will see basically all the same characters EVERY day in the same spots at the same times. It will change every six months or so but other than for some special occasions/holidays it will be very static (in some spots there might be a certain set of characters and not all will be out all the time but it will be limited to that set). About the only exception to this is during a few months a year in certain locations they will have new "friends" of characters out training and then sometimes they can have some random and rare characters but sadly that is pretty much it :\

It wouldn't seem like it would be that hard to have some more randomness... granted it might require a little extra training but I would think it would make things better for people who are there often (and add fun and an element of surprise for everyone). In fact there are some characters that have been out at special events (for example the marathon in WDW)... so they have people trained for these characters... why they can't be out elsewhere randomly I don't know.

At DL at least there is some randomness in most of the character meal locations which doesn't exist at all anymore at WDW.

This does not carry over to the non-US parks. There are many characters that you will never see in the US parks that are fairly common in DLP and Tokyo. There are others that may not be out often but you can randomly find sometimes. As an example... here is a pic from June in DLP... good luck finding most/all of these characters in the US parks anymore:

All 4 of them are fairly common at DLP. In addition we have seen both Chicken Little and Abby Mallard in the last year (they are rare though) and have seen pictures of Lewis Robinson from earlier this year so sometimes there will be random characters out that aren't normally out

We have many characters on our website that you don't find regularly in the US parks; however, there are still a bunch from the 70s and 80s that have basically disappeared But we have somewhere over 300 characters now and should have a bunch more once we are back from Tokyo next month

It is funny you should mention Evinrude Wanda Women, I actually recently saw a picture with him in it from a parade I believe. You can't really see him well (but it also has Madam Medusa and her Crocodiles). Unfortunately it isn't somewhere public Before seeing that picture I had no idea he was ever a character in the parks
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by AllyIsAPirate View Post
    I think the other faries could go join Tink @ pixie hallow.. they are the same size right?
    To answer your question on the size of Merryweather,Blue Fairy and the others. No they are as big as the Fairy Godmother. But Merryweather,Flora & Fauna can shrunk down to Tinkerbell's size. So they may work for Pixie Hollow but the other two can't not. That is why I think the castle is the best place for all the Fairies but Tink and Comp.

• Minion

Do they still have Jack Sparrow walking around interacting with guests? I didn't see him when I was there recently
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Do they still have Jack Sparrow walking around interacting with guests? I didn't see him when I was there recently
    No they don't from what I have hear they can't have him out do with some female guest. He has falling in the group with Tarzan and Esmeralda. I was lucky enough in 2005 to get to meet Esmeralda before they took her away.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    Sadly the US parks are very static in regards to what characters are out. There is very little randomness at WDW and from what I have seen (and have heard in this thread) the same is true in DL. In WDW you will see basically all the same characters EVERY day in the same spots at the same times. It will change every six months or so but other than for some special occasions/holidays it will be very static (in some spots there might be a certain set of characters and not all will be out all the time but it will be limited to that set). About the only exception to this is during a few months a year in certain locations they will have new "friends" of characters out training and then sometimes they can have some random and rare characters but sadly that is pretty much it :\

It wouldn't seem like it would be that hard to have some more randomness... granted it might require a little extra training but I would think it would make things better for people who are there often (and add fun and an element of surprise for everyone). In fact there are some characters that have been out at special events (for example the marathon in WDW)... so they have people trained for these characters... why they can't be out elsewhere randomly I don't know.

At DL at least there is some randomness in most of the character meal locations which doesn't exist at all anymore at WDW.

This does not carry over to the non-US parks. There are many characters that you will never see in the US parks that are fairly common in DLP and Tokyo. There are others that may not be out often but you can randomly find sometimes. As an example... here is a pic from June in DLP... good luck finding most/all of these characters in the US parks anymore:

All 4 of them are fairly common at DLP. In addition we have seen both Chicken Little and Abby Mallard in the last year (they are rare though) and have seen pictures of Lewis Robinson from earlier this year so sometimes there will be random characters out that aren't normally out

We have many characters on our website that you don't find regularly in the US parks; however, there are still a bunch from the 70s and 80s that have basically disappeared But we have somewhere over 300 characters now and should have a bunch more once we are back from Tokyo next month

It is funny you should mention Evinrude Wanda Women, I actually recently saw a picture with him in it from a parade I believe. You can't really see him well (but it also has Madam Medusa and her Crocodiles). Unfortunately it isn't somewhere public Before seeing that picture I had no idea he was ever a character in the parks
    This has not been my experience at WDW; I see Friar Tuck nearly every trip, I've seen King John, Robin Hood, Gideon and Foulfellow, Captain Hook and Smee, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Jack Sparrow, Geppetto, et cetera, all on a nearly regular basis.

Character meals are certainly more static, but Walt Disney World has always had quite a range of characters when I've been.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• Minion

I'm looking at old autograph books, lets see who I've met that is or isn't regular in park now...

Book 1:
    Goofy, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Jasmin, Ariel, Beast, Belle, Snow White, Merlin, Cinderella, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Jane, Tarzan, Terk, Pooh, Tigger, Captain Hook, White Rabbit, Mad, Hatter, Rafiki, Eyeore

Book 2:
    Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, Pluto, Mickey Mouse, Eyeore, Piglet, Tigger, Pooh, Milo Thatch, Vinny, Donald Duck, Mulan, Esmerelda, Quasi Moto, Goofy, Max, Dale, Chip, Snow White, Flik, Kronk, Cruella DeVil, Genie, Prince Phillip, Goofy, Mr. White Rabbit, Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee, Cruella DeVil, Stitch, Lilo, Geppetto, Peter Pan, Alice, Jessie, Woody, Pluto

Other Characters I remember either getting a picture with, or meeting this last trip:

Mushu, Tinkerbelle, Tiana, Lighning McQueen, Mater, Kuzko (llama form, couldn't sign), Queen of Hearts, Pinocchio, Jafar (long time ago), Baloo, Sorcerer Mickey, Fairy God Mother
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

I got to many characters that has sign my 2 books some of them have got 3 or 4 times. So I will not post them here but here is a link to them.

Autographs Part 1 pictures by BlueGenie_2007 - Photobucket

Autographs Part 2 pictures by BlueGenie_2007 - Photobucket

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
    This has not been my experience at WDW; I see Friar Tuck nearly every trip, I've seen King John, Robin Hood, Gideon and Foulfellow, Captain Hook and Smee, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Jack Sparrow, Geppetto, et cetera, all on a nearly regular basis.

Character meals are certainly more static, but Walt Disney World has always had quite a range of characters when I've been.
    Out greeting or in a parade/show? and how often do you go to WDW? Also, I didn't say (or at least didn't mean to say) WDW didn't have a good number of characters, it is that they are normally always the same.

Prince John used to be out occasionally at the Hat in DHS; however, Robin Hood I don't think has been out meeting on a regular basis in awhile... he was part of the parade until they changed it last year... Prince John, Friar Tuck, and Sheriff (along with Tweedle Dee and Dum, Foulfellow, and Gepetto) do sometimes appear in the animation building in the afternoon/evening... they are part of the "Fantasmic" set characters which is one of the few places that is somewhat random; however, in the end it is basically a fixed set of characters that normally show up there... it is a fairly big fixed set, and there are several characters that here is about the only place you might see them but in the end it is still a fairly fixed set of characters and that is a total of about 2 hours several days a week. It used to be by the hat but was moved awhile ago to inside the animation building. Friar Tuck did used to appear with Robin Hood in the parade. Gideon and Foulfellow were out greeting regularly until about a year to a year and a half ago but aren't any longer and I think they are in the parade still. Captain Hook and Smee were out very regularly until several months ago but now aren't out regularly. Tweedle Dee and Dum are also out normally during MNSSHP and MVMCP. Jack Sparrow I think only met guests during regular park hours for about a week. He was there for Pirate and Princess parties but those are gone. He is out for his Pirate Tutorial training show; however, doesn't meet guests.

All that being said when Foulfellow, Gideon, Captain Hook, Smee, and Gepetto were out elsewhere they were/are part of the "regular" characters that you see all the time (but are now only sometimes seen at the Animation building)... pretty much every day in the same place at the same time. It isn't that WDW doesn't have a decent amount of characters out (they DO have a lot more than DL), it is that they are normally always the same (and you like you said you saw these characters almost every trip)... if you go 4+ times a year you will see almost all the same characters every trip in the same places. I would be a little happier if the "Fantasmic" characters from the Animation building were sometimes seen elsewhere... that would make some locations at least a little more random. About the only time you see "rare" characters is during special ticketed events (but even those don't change much from year to year... we went to MNSSHP three years in a row and it had the exact same characters every year) or during training.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• Minion

I wish the costuming department at DLP would switch with DL

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Were there ever costumes made for The Great Mouse Detective?

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTrains View Post
    I'm not quite sure on them. I didn't start going to Disneyland like I do now until Sept. 2002. But before that I was at DL for my High School grad nite back in 89 and I don't recall who all was out in 89 that was so long ago. So if there was any I have no clue.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTrains View Post
    Yes there were. I have seen pictures of both Basil and Ratigan. Also there were costumes for Gurgi and Oliver.

Another character who appeared briefly was Goliath from Gargoyles. He appeared at some Halloween parties in WDW back in the 90s.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast