Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I miss Fantasy Waters

As a kid growing up in Southern California, my grandparents would take me to see Fantasy Waters all the time. I absolutely loved it! After I moved back east about 15 years, I only saw it occasionally when I would visit. I was at the resort recently and took some pictures for memory. I assume it will be completely demolished along with the waterfalls when they start the remodel.

It looks like a 4 spinners and 3 vertical jet nozzles are left and a few lights. I know at one point they would turn on every once and a while but I don't think they work at all anymore.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: I miss Fantasy Waters

THANK YOU! I have remembered this show from when I was a kid and no one could ever remember the name of the show. It was sooo cool (as a kid).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DJRed2000 View Post
    As a kid growing up in Southern California, my grandparents would take me to see Fantasy Waters all the time. I absolutely loved it! After I moved back east about 15 years, I only saw it occasionally when I would visit. I was at the resort recently and took some pictures for memory. I assume it will be completely demolished along with the waterfalls when they start the remodel.

It looks like a 4 spinners and 3 vertical jet nozzles are left and a few lights. I know at one point they would turn on every once and a while but I don't think they work at all anymore.

I liked that show too. Now with the Hotel refurb that will be gone.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUR5YQ7RALQ]YouTube - Disneyland Hotel Fantasy Waters Show[/ame]
    Found it on You Tube, its the Baby version of Woc (along with some VERY old and classic Disney songs)

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Thanks for the pics!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Future Indy Castmember

Thanks Jerrod for finding the video of the show. I never saw the show myself but have passed by the area whare it used to be.

I remembered a couple of years ago that I passed by the area at night and they turned the fountains on for a while along with some lighting. No doubt to lighten the area a little bit.

Looking at the video, i wonder if this is what gave inspiration to create World of Color.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I have some very special memories of that show. Unfortunately, it was so long ago that I am the only one who remembers it.

It was a lovely little show with some great music.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Thanks Jerrod for finding the video of the show. I never saw the show myself but have passed by the area whare it used to be.

I remembered a couple of years ago that I passed by the area at night and they turned the fountains on for a while along with some lighting. No doubt to lighten the area a little bit.

Looking at the video, i wonder if this is what gave inspiration to create World of Color.
    Yeah I just watched the whole thing and love the music is they could have done this type of show with Woc man would that be cool, I love the classic way more than having Nemo and Walle in the show.

It's amazing to me that this has the same general concept at WoC, is using significantly older technology, but achieves a much better overall result.

If this was the inspiration for WoC, I think WDA needs to watch this again to learn how it is done.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I never saw it but I've seen ru42's video of it!

• Artistic integrity

I always enjoyed the Dancing Waters show too. Made it a point to see it, ... along with a stroll through the Bonita tower waterfalls.

Another great dancing waters show from the past is Sea World's dancing waters show from the 70s and 80s. Was done on a larger scale.

Both shows had tons of charm to them.

• Part of your chat. xD

My gosh...The nostalgia just started kicking my brain a little after seeing these pictures. Haha!

This was the very first water show i've ever seen (I think I was five when I first saw it) and ever since then I was OBSESSED WITH IT!!! Every time I went to the Disneyland Hotel I would just go see this show all the time.

Ever since I heard it closed I was very sad, but it made me such a huge fan of these kinds of shows (I went to see one at Universal Studios, Hawaii, Las Vegas, and some other places that I can't remember at the moment lol).

After hearing about World of Color I just FAINTED! I haven't gone to the park yet to see it, but I know for sure that it'll be the greatest water show of all the ones i've seen so far. =) I'm just so glad that this kind of show returns to the Disneyland Resort!

Anyway, thanks so much for the sharing the pictures. Fantasy Waters will always be remembered as one of our greatest childhood memories at Disneyland.^^
    Last edited by will2marie2; 07-11-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Wow...what a cool show! I never got the opportunity to see it, nor do I know any of the history of it, but from the looks of the video, it would not have aged well to the modern day.

Gotta love the Jack Wagner narration though!

I wish I could get a high quality copy of the soundtrack. I love the way it's mixed. I guess YouTube will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp0tted View Post
    It's amazing to me that this has the same general concept at WoC, is using significantly older technology, but achieves a much better overall result.

If this was the inspiration for WoC, I think WDA needs to watch this again to learn how it is done.
    Sorry, but that is laughable. WoC is a HUGE success. It wouldn't be if people thought the show was poor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast