Any suggestions for celebrating my 25th with friends at Disney?

HEY EVERYONE!
    So this year I'm turning 25, and I wanted to get some feedback on what would be a fun way to celebrate at the Disneyland Resort. The past three years I've been attending Mickey's Trick or Treat Party with all my friends. We get together wearing coordinating costumes and we all go inside to enjoy the festivities. Well after reading Al's column I'm kind of worried about paying $54 per person on a Friday for an event that used to be like $26 bucks a person or something like that with an annual pass. Most of the group has annual passes and Al's column raised an eyebrow, why pay an additional fee when you can in theory "sneak in"? Ultimately wouldn't this also cause the park to be crazy crowded? Anywho I need some ideas! I hope my fellow MiceChatters can help me out!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Any suggestions for celebrating my 25th with friends at Disney?

So you're not planning on going to the Trick or Treat Party? I'd say just have a relaxing day at the parks and try and have one sit down meal all together maybe in DD or DL.
    I just celebrated my 26th at the parks and there were heaps of things I wanted to do but missed out on. I wanted to eat at either Cafe Orleans of Carnation Cafe but didn't get to do either. I didn't get to ride the Lilly Belle, but there's always next time. I did get my Dole Whip, churro, and Mint Julep (not all at the same time haha) and got to watch most of Fantasmic. I also got to go on every ride I wanted and I spent the day with someone I care about a lot.
    It's always more fun when there's no real plan and you just cover everything that you want to. Get a birthday button so you can receive birthday wishes all day and get your free tortillas at CA. Have fun!

EDIT: Welcome to MiceChat!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Get a World of Color dining package.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    Get a World of Color dining package.
    +1. When I was 25 I wouldn't cough up the $40 for the full package, but the $15 picnic deal would be doable and a nice treat to go along with just having fun in the park.

Also, as the birthday person, your friends should run and get Fastpasses for you and you should get to decide which rides you all go on.

I just did this Trip Report for my 28th Birthday: we rode the Lilly Belle, piloted the Mark Twain, ate at Blue Bayou....

Just some ideas for you!

Best Birthday Ever!: A Tiki Room Trip Report

• Blew By You

Pick a ride, any ride, and go on it 25 times.
    Seriously, take a leisurely dinner at Blue Bayou or Storyteller Cafe or if you can afford it Napa Rose. Take the enjoyment with your friends as your gift.

Question Re: Any suggestions for celebrating my 25th with friends at Disney?

I was thinking of doing a dinner at Blue Bayou or Storytellers but the last thing I want to do on my bday is make reservations then get to the restaurant and have to wait another hour (that happened when I turned 18, my party ended up having to wait over an hour at Goofy's Kitchen everyone was miserable especially me). I didn't know you can ride the Belle and steer the ship or what have you, how does one do that?

Quote Originally Posted by stitch1085 View Post
    I was thinking of doing a dinner at Blue Bayou or Storytellers but the last thing I want to do on my bday is make reservations then get to the restaurant and have to wait another hour (that happened when I turned 18, my party ended up having to wait over an hour at Goofy's Kitchen everyone was miserable especially me). I didn't know you can ride the Belle and steer the ship or what have you, how does one do that?

Basically with the Mark Twain, I showed up relatively early on in the day (less people to compete with) and asked if the Captain was accepting passengers in the Pilot deck. I was told by the dock hand that it was at the Captain's discretion but they would let them know. Once the boat pulled up, they said I was welcome to go up. I don't think the birthday button hurt either. I would say that politeness was the only thing I needed to get up there.

As for the Lily Belle, make sure to go to the Main Street Station early in the day as well to ask if they are accepting passenger requests. They will tell you if its possible that day or not. The day I went, the last run of the day was 4pm. We hopped on the last run of the day. Again, politeness and the birthday button probably did wonders!

Good luck; and happy birthday!

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Go to City Hall, get one of the birthday buttons, and count how many strangers say "Happy Birthday" to you. You'd be suprised how many people do it.

Also, just arrange a nice sit-down dinner and RELAX. It's your day, so take it easy!
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

• Seeker of Fun

Walk into Disneyland with close friends and think: Awesome! I'm at Disneyland on my birthday with people who care about me!

And hope you have a great day when you go!!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

What has everyone else done on their birthday??

• Dont make me unfriend you

You used to be able to ride in the front of the Monorail with the driver. Do they still do that with the new monorails? My family and I did this before they replaced the monorails with the current ones. Five of us were able to sit up front with he driver. My son got to honk the horn too!

Also, can you still ride up by the engine of the train around the park? When you could do it, you had to board and exit at Main Street. But they let you ride up front and sit behind the engineer.