Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: APlicious.

• Hooterville, USA

APlicious.

You know, the AP has let me appreciate DL more than the once a year trip.

I know lots of people don't like the idea of an AP or they think that the AP has led to DL's demise, I'm just saying that the extra time the AP affords me to go to DL, the more I can see just how great of a theme park DL is.

I'm just very blessed to have one and the time to use it. Living within 2 miles doesn't hurt either. I wish we all could experience DL at our leisure but that isn't realistic. I am in no way bragging or trying to incite anyone with this thread.

We are truly lucky that Walt Disney had a dream, and he didn't stop short of creating a perfect world for all of us to enjoy.

Druggas

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Re: APlicious.

I agree... we live 6 hours away but we go as often as we can because of the AP. When I was little it was a once a year trip that we always dreamed of all year long, now it is something we can do more often! And experience at other times of the year as apposed to the summer trips of my childhood. Its great to be able to take my kids to see it for Christmas and Halloween!!!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Hooterville, USA

Christmas is the most gorgeous time of the year.

We had a family reunion at DL during the Christmas holiday and my family who aren't big on DL was astonished at the beauty of the park!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Missing Main Street

What a great thread!

I'm about ten hours away from Disneyland, so I fall into the once-a-year catagory - - and I've always wondered if I would still appreciate it if I lived close by and/or had an AP. Would it still be as magic if it were experienced more often? So I'm happy to hear that you guys still appreciate it, and that you know how lucky you are.

The other problem with once-a-year is that we've never done Christmastime at the park! Getting to Disneyland is expensive - Christmas is expensive - so we try to keep the two several months apart.

*sigh*
    Someday I'll make Christmas Disneyland happen.
    Maybe someday I'll do something crazy and move closer to Anaheim!

• Disneyland's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    I agree... we live 6 hours away but we go as often as we can because of the AP. When I was little it was a once a year trip that we always dreamed of all year long, now it is something we can do more often! And experience at other times of the year as apposed to the summer trips of my childhood. Its great to be able to take my kids to see it for Christmas and Halloween!!!
    Yeah, we live in the Modesto/Stockton area, and we have Deluxes. It is SO much better than a once-a-year trip.
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I love APs!!!!!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post

We had a family reunion at DL during the Christmas holiday and my family who aren't big on DL was astonished at the beauty of the park!

The castle and IASM are STUNNING during Christmas. My favorite time of year there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I live close by(but I won't tell you. Security Issues and such within my family.)
    I love that I have had an AP for half of to four-sixths of my life. Sadly, my pass is going to expire pretty soon(actually, Sept 2 2010.)

Timekeeper

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

To me, the AP almost reverts Disneyland to the days of tickets. Since I generally only come to the park for a few hours for lunch or dinner, and maybe an attraction - it can be enjoyed in short bursts that don't burn me out on it. I might just drop an E ticket and maybe a C and then go home.

It seems that's how Disneyland was meant to be enjoyed, not squeeze it all into one day.

Unless you're playing the Gumball Rally.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    My favorite time to visit the park.
    What the park does for the Christmas Holiday just gets you in the perfect holiday spirit.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I live in SF Bay Area and it used to be that I go once every few years. During the last few years however, I've been at the DLR more times than I can count on my hands and decided last year I may as well get a PAP.

Christmas time is also my favorite time of the year with the castle beautifully decorated and Haunted Mansion Holiday. I'm hoping that I'll make it to the resort during the Halloween season since I've never been there for it.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKimmie View Post
    The other problem with once-a-year is that we've never done Christmastime at the park! Getting to Disneyland is expensive - Christmas is expensive - so we try to keep the two several months apart.
    you must go during the Christmas season!! the park is simply beautiful!!

if possible, and if you can stomach going that long without the park.. save the funds you would have spent on your earlier trip and go in the Winter
    -plagued

• Banned User

I agree! Great thread. This is what Michchat is about. I'm going wednesday and I can't wait.

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    To me, the AP almost reverts Disneyland to the days of tickets. Since I generally only come to the park for a few hours for lunch or dinner, and maybe an attraction - it can be enjoyed in short bursts that don't burn me out on it. I might just drop an E ticket and maybe a C and then go home.

It seems that's how Disneyland was meant to be enjoyed, not squeeze it all into one day.

Unless you're playing the Gumball Rally.
    I totally agree!!! I am like 5 mins away, I actually rode my new bike to the parks on Saturday for the first time. I love my PAP. I tend to go once or twice a week to enjoy select attractions or shows. I used my PAP to lesson the cost of tix for TS3 at the movie theatre in Downtown Disney, I stopped by the World of Disney Stotre and bought some birthday presents for people at work last Wednesday and got my 20% discount (saved ALOT). I often visit just to see F! or watch the swing dancing on Saturday nights. The is never any pressure no matter how packed the park is as I can always leave and come back the next day, or the next, or the next, etc...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'll trade places with any of you. Being 1/2 way across the country makes me wish that I lived in Anaheim, and had an AP. I'd love to be able to make small trips, instead of having to wait until I save the airfare, hotel money, and ticket prices before I can go.

I have a friend who calls me all the time, and she shares stories of what she has done at the park lately. She has an annual pass, and hearing the excitement in her voice as she talks about her experiences brings me joy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast