Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Forgotten Spirit

Question When did they update the Haunted Mansion foyer music?

I just noticed today that the foyer music seemed at a higher tone, when did they update the music?

Old
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9PEn8m8dws]YouTube - Haunted Mansion: Foyer Organ[/ame]

New: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMN4DySXzc&feature=channel]YouTube - The Haunted Mansion - UPDATED Foyer Organ[/ame]

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Re: When did they update the Haunted Mansion foyer music?

hmm good observation! I have no idea lol...I think the original is creepier...Its usually so loud in there with people talking that I havnt noticed the change in the music
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Forgotten Spirit

Hmm maybe I'm crazy...I read they never played the 1st version...but then again I remember the 1st version over the 2nd version

*boggled mind*

• =)

I suspect - though I haven't checked yet - that these are the same recording, just at slightly different speeds. The higher-pitched (faster) one seems like it "should" be correct, since it's in the same key as much of the rest of the attraction's music. But I really don't know how it was originally recorded.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I suspect - though I haven't checked yet - that these are the same recording, just at slightly different speeds. The higher-pitched (faster) one seems like it "should" be correct, since it's in the same key as much of the rest of the attraction's music. But I really don't know how it was originally recorded.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheParseeMan (From YouTube)
    @thedragoonknight This particular version is played in a higher key than the Walt Disney World version. The Disneyland organ was actually never updated; this is the version that has always played there. But since the deeper WDW version surfaced before this version did, fans came under the assumption the WDW version is played in Disneyland, which, in fact, it is not.
    So yeah, I was crazy after all

• Minion

Same recording, just slightly slower speed. That second clip is the correct pitch from the original recording.

The first one - not sure where that came from, but back in the 90s, there was another version (same recording) in a lower key available from the Disneyland Forever kiosks. Don't know why it was lower, as the recording was never used in that form.

As far as I know, it's the same in both parks.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 07-13-2010 at 07:20 AM.

• Minion

Thanks for that link That gents profile "TheParseeMan" has Spiels galore for DLP, they are super rare. Thats also interesting HM trivia, I too am more familiar with the first recording because i'd got a Disney CD from Florida which had that used in the ride through.

If you listen to the Haunted Mansion track from the "Disneyland: Remember the Moments' CD it sounds closer to the second version. The first is, as others have observed slower in tempo and lower in pitch.
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

• Minion

Yes - the "updated" version is the one actually used. It's only been "updated" in the sense that the original recording has been restored and transferred to the DACS system. So, it hasn't really been updated, just corrected. It even matches the old Story & Song Lp. That other version may be from an old park tape, and somewhere along the pipeline of transfers one of the tape machines may have been running a tad slow.

At WDW, the Ballroom organ and the Library Piano were playing way too fast. The Ballroom organ seems to have been corrected now, but the Library Piano has not. The Library Piano at TDL is running at the correct speed (it synchronizes perfectly with the load area music there, as it was originally intended).

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The Library Piano at TDL is running at the correct speed (it synchronizes perfectly with the load area music there, as it was originally intended).
    So wait, the music from the ghost playing the organ in the ballroom scene synchronizes with the music playing in the load area?

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    ...Its usually so loud in there with people talking that I havnt noticed the change in the music...
    Exactly! Who knew they played music in there?!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    So wait, the music from the ghost playing the organ in the ballroom scene synchronizes with the music playing in the load area?
    No, definitely not. Grinning Ghost was referring to the library piano at WDW, which isn't heard in the DL version. EDIT: I never even realized those two tracks synced, by the way, since I've never visited the WDW version, sadly. But yeah, they do match up, which makes perfect sense.
    Last edited by Datameister; 07-13-2010 at 04:11 PM.

• Minion

No, definitely not. Grinning Ghost was referring to the library piano at WDW, which isn't heard in the DL version. EDIT: I never even realized those two tracks synced, by the way, since I've never visited the WDW version, sadly. But yeah, they do match up, which makes perfect sense.
    Yes - the Library Piano and the Load Area music is supposed to be synchronized at WDW. However, for some reason, the tape of the piano was sped up and didn't sync with the load area music. (Perhaps there was a problem with the speed that the piano keys are moving so they sped the tape up to match...?) So, as a buffer, the Foyer Organ was repeated in the Sinister 11 gallery. Originally the load area music was supposed to continue in there. In Tokyo, they fixed the speed issue with the Library Piano, and continued the Load area music in the S11 gallery as it was originally planned.

Not sure why this was never corrected at WDW, particularly after the recent refurb. It would have been an easy fix. It's even playing at the wrong speed on the 1999 30th Anniversary CD.

• =)

Gotcha. Yeah, it's easy enough to fix, at least nowadays - I popped the files into Audacity, took an educated guess at what percentage the piano needed to be slowed by, and lined 'em up. They synced in tempo and tuning. Sigh...the things I would do for Disney at no cost if they'd let me!

• Minion

Gotcha. Yeah, it's easy enough to fix, at least nowadays - I popped the files into Audacity, took an educated guess at what percentage the piano needed to be slowed by, and lined 'em up. They synced in tempo and tuning. Sigh...the things I would do for Disney at no cost if they'd let me!
    LOL! You should have asked me: I had already done it years ago!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast