• The Knitting Disney Fan

Question Frontierland and The Lone Ranger

Random thought...the Pirates of the Caribbean movies brought a lot of attention to NOS and pirates in general do you think the upcoming Lone Ranger movie could do the same for Frontierland? Would you like it if it did, what kind of things would you like and not like to see come from it?

Personally I would like something to draw more attention to Frontierland. The 'wild west' is an important and exciting part of America and California history.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Re: Frontierland and The Lone Ranger

It certainly could, if the movie turns out to be really good. If so, maybe in the street stunt show like the Indiana Jones event they had in Adventureland a couple of years ago.

• Vroom, vroom!

I dont know about you, But the characters I want to see in frontierland would be,
    The lone ranger, and Zorro and Pecos Bill, Davy Crockett, and some random other kind of old west characters, maybe a sheriff and bad guy.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Keepin' it calsteady

There's not much "there" there in Frontierland to draw attention to it. Clockworkmonkey has the right idea for a tie-in (I assume the Lone Ranger is a Disney movie).

I like Frontierland as the quiet, spacious area that it is at this point. It's a relief to get away from Adventureland's bottlenecks and to walk the trail up to Fantasyland. I doubt the Lone Ranger will affect that. Pirates was already a popular ride, Johnny Depp just pushed it that much higher. The Lone Ranger has no presence in Frontierland to start from so I don't see much happening.

(And even the Pirates phenomenon doesn't seem to be making that ride popular. Last Saturday the longest wait might have been 20 minutes. People sure like buying the hats, though.)

• The Knitting Disney Fan

True, there are fewer things in Frontierland then in other lands but I do love BTMR and the BBQ. But that's the idea, is it possible the new movie can bring new things?

I love the idea of a stunt show and face characters. They can do a wild west show or teach rope tricks. Zorro would tie in perfect with the Rancho del Zocalo theme.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    There's not much "there" there in Frontierland to draw attention to it. Clockworkmonkey has the right idea for a tie-in (I assume the Lone Ranger is a Disney movie).

I like Frontierland as the quiet, spacious area that it is at this point. It's a relief to get away from Adventureland's bottlenecks and to walk the trail up to Fantasyland. I doubt the Lone Ranger will affect that. Pirates was already a popular ride, Johnny Depp just pushed it that much higher. The Lone Ranger has no presence in Frontierland to start from so I don't see much happening.

(And even the Pirates phenomenon doesn't seem to be making that ride popular. Last Saturday the longest wait might have been 20 minutes. People sure like buying the hats, though.)
    part of why the wait for pirates isn't all that long is because it loads 2 boats at once, and each boat holds a lot of people in it
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Hooterville, USA

Yes, they need to put the West back into Frontierland.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    part of why the wait for pirates isn't all that long is because it loads 2 boats at once, and each boat holds a lot of people in it

PLus it depends on the day and time, I mean, I've seen the line (both sides) well out past the overcrossing and up the sides a couple times this year. Additionally, The Jack Sparrow character has been in place for quite a while now so of course the lines are gonna die down.. I remember standing in line for Indy for hours at a time now you can get on in 30 minutes on a good day