• Splash Enthusiast

rescue rangers raceway car

Hi, this is a pretty specific question, but I have a vivid memory from my childhood that I'd like someone else to confirm just to make sure I'm not crazy. From harbor blvd., near the old DLR sign, could you see an old rescue rangers raceway car beyond the trees and bushes for like, years? Because I seem to remember this from multiple visits from the mid-90s though its extremely possible it was only from one more memorable visit or that it was visible from the disneyland railroad track. For some reason this has been stuck in my memory for years now and has always kind of led me to believe that there was less attention to detail in the 90s than there is now.

Can anyone confirm/deny? Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: rescue rangers raceway car

Hmmm....I'm not quite clear where exactly you're talking about, but they did do an extensive Disney Afternoon layover in Fantasyland and ToonTown when those series first premiered. One of those included a retheming of the Autopia. It was done with large cutouts of images from the 90's cartoons, including Rescue Rangers. Could it be possible that from the freeway you were seeing one of those cutouts?

• Gold Prospector

Oh yeah those things, they were a part of the place where it went and then were place in a spot over yonder.

I have no clue what you are talking about. But I hope someone can refresh you memory.
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

• Splash Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Hmmm....I'm not quite clear where exactly you're talking about, but they did do an extensive Disney Afternoon layover in Fantasyland and ToonTown when those series first premiered. One of those included a retheming of the Autopia. It was done with large cutouts of images from the 90's cartoons, including Rescue Rangers. Could it be possible that from the freeway you were seeing one of those cutouts?
    hmm maybe. what stands now where the junior autopia used to be? was it over by toontown?

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post
    hmm maybe. what stands now where the junior autopia used to be? was it over by toontown?
    Yes, it was. I remember Fat Cat was on the overpass.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member