Page 103 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2361

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

I joined Mice Chat.... mostly to say thanks for all your tips and hard work! I'm not halfway done reading your thread yet, but I've started taking notes for my first trip in March! Thanks

• Minion

Here's a little pretty for today.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Minion

Sorry no new tutorials this week. We've been incredibly busy at work and not getting out of here till almost 4 am on some days. (I'm just too bloody tired) Here's the "Pretty" for today. I took this while waiting for the fireworks one night. Some people saw me set up with my tripod and shutter cable and started asking me questions about photography. Two of them had brand new DSLR's and didn't know how to use them at night. I ended up teaching an impromptu 20 minute photography class on how to shoot free hand at night and get clear shots. This was one of the photos I fired off really fast to show them how to use exposure compensation for clearer night shots and not have blown highlights on the center of the castle. Luckily for me, it worked.

• Minion

Well, I finally had a chance to get to the parks the other day to work on some new tutorials. I hope to have some new ones up in a few days. Then again, no one noticed that I was gone, so these will probably be the last ones. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and 2012 is treating you all very well.
    See you in a few days.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Well, I finally had a chance to get to the parks the other day to work on some new tutorials. I hope to have some new ones up in a few days. Then again, no one noticed that I was gone, so these will probably be the last ones. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and 2012 is treating you all very well.
    See you in a few days.
    not true at all! I simply haven't had the time myself to try to apply the teacher's lessons!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I always look for this thread when I come to read. You've got a lot going on, and I figure you'll post when you have time. You always have good stuff, but it takes time to put these things together.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• formerly very helpful

This is one of my favorite threads. Even though I'm not a photographer, 1. I learn a lot just to help my meager, ametuer photos, and 2. revisiting this thread is like revisiting the park. Very much enjoyed, and very much appreciated. Thank you for sharing.

I hope these are not the last! I have learned so much about photography from you and appreciate everything you have shared in your posts. I've actually checked the thread daily for a new post but figured you were busy with the holidays and all, I know I have been. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us all next.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    See you in a few days.
    Say it isn't so! I have learned so much from this thread and I don't know what I would do without it. You cannot assume that just because there has been a lull in posts that we have lost interest. The holidays are always a busy time and many people have probably just been unable to visit this thread.
    Please continue this thread. I want a tutorial on photographing Carsland and Buena Vista Street this summer!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.21.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

I check your thread on almost a DAILY basis, have learned a lot, and had a chance to put some of it into practice during a recent trip to Disneyland (due to distance only get there once or maybe twice a year). I believe people recognized that you have a business to run, and being the Christmas season knew you were busy, so wanted to give you the space and time you needed to do your paid profession. But, to not care...or not miss you... NO WAY!!!

Hope you WILL continue this thread and continue to give us ideas for (as KEBSD said) Cars Land and Buena Vista Street and especially your great tutorials on manipulating pictures for more punch! Thank you so much for all your efforts. I know it isn't easy to prepare the tutorials, but you have introduced me to Photoscape, taught me the ins and outs of Photoshop Elements and oh so many other nuances in the world of photography. Here's to a photographic Happy New Year for you!
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• Minion

Thank you everyone for your very kind words of encouragement. I really do appreciate it.

1-9-12
    Todayís ďDisneyland Photo Tip of the DayĒ is a unique compositional tip for using wide angle lenses that Iíll call Wide Portraiture.

I did a post a little while ago showing a tip for wide angle lenses called Widen Up showing how to use a wide angle lens looking up. To view that post, click here; The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Most people who use wide angle lenses take photos with a very wide view (hence the name wide angle lens) such as this one I did of Itís a Small World. The curve of the lens and distortion make the subject seem farther away than it actually is but it does show more of the scene on the edges that a regular lens will.
    Name:  6536539833_94bd8fa1a9_z_d.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  203.3 KB

For this tip, we get much closer to our subject and use the distortion and wide viewing angle of the lens to our advantage. When shooting portraits of people, photographers generally use a lens with a 85 to 200mm focal length and a large aperture between 2.8 and 5.6 to blur out any background. But what if you want to give the viewer of your portrait an idea of where the subject is and what its relationship is to its surroundings? That is when you might want to consider using a wide angle lens for the portrait. You just have to make sure that your subject is very comfortable with you and the camera being very, very close to them, sometimes just a few inches away from their face.

I didnít have a person to take a picture of to show an example of what Iím talking about but the cigar store Indian on Main St. provided me with a perfect model. If I took a portrait style photo of the statue, you wouldnít see much, if any background, thus leaving it without a purpose for being.

It's kind of hard to tell from the angle but my camera is only about 12 inches from the statue.
    Name:  6665980247_a32df707e9_o_d.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  245.4 KB

In the photo, you not only see the statue but itís placement on Main St. and all of its surroundings.
    Name:  6665980211_256391fa20_z_d.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  173.2 KB

This also works for other subjects like the plane in Condor Flats. Here you can see that I was only a few inches from the propeller.
    Name:  6665980149_d8fa9ab1d4_z_d.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  97.0 KB

Yet, the photo I took doesnít seem like I was that close and brings in the sign behind it, giving it a sense of place.
    Name:  6665980115_e770c03610_z_d.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  130.8 KB

I hope this little tip gives you new ideas on how to use different lenses in a way that most people overlook.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2012

For a complete directory and direct links to all of these posts, please click here: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Great tip Mike!

I too love shooting with my wide angle and find it difficult at times to put together a well-framed shot.

Will remember this tip next time

Boarding Star Tours

Name:  2011-09-11_09-37-41_573-1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  44.5 KB

• Loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc View Post
    Boarding Star Tours

Name:  2011-09-11_09-37-41_573-1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  44.5 KB
    Did you notice at the moment you took the pic that the Tour Guide bot is doing her There is no video or photography line. Just thought it was funny seeing that

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Thank you for this wonderful thread Hot Sauce 1! I am buying my mother a DSLR for a combined Mother's Day/Birthday gift and I am learning so much about what lenses and stuff she'll need on top of the basics.