Page 127 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2777102117124125126127128129130137152 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2361

• 12 Year Annual Passholder

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

I'm in love with the Taillight Caverns picture! Awesome work!

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 5.26.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 21

• Minion

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I am seriously having withdrawls from not being at Disneyland for over a month and have 2 weeks before I can get there again. Darn work keeps getting in the way of fun. If the sky gives me something interesting when I am there, I plan on trying something extremely difficult to pull off but I'm dying to give it a shot. (or 90 as it will probably be) Yes, it will probably be 90 photos to create the panorama that I want to do.

Here's a few pretties for today.

The World is a Carousel of Color... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

On A Golden Afternoon... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

I just wanted to say that I've been reading through this thread over the last couple of weeks, in anticipation of my trip to DL which we leave for on Sunday (looks like I finished my reading just in time!). Your wonderful tips have taken me from knowing next to nothing about my humble point & shoot to feeling more confident than ever about getting some fantastic photos of our memories on our trip! And when my camera unexpectedly broke last week, only a week out from my trip, all the things I had learned from this thread made me feel very confident about what to look for in a new P&S to replace it (not quite at the stage/disposable income to go for a DSLR yet!) So far I'm very, very happy with it and can't wait to see what I get at DL! I've always been pretty comfortable with a certain degree of photo editing in PS and the like but I've learned a lot more than I ever would have otherwise.

So in summary, thank you SO much for all your tips that are so accessible for people of all levels of photographic skill (or lack thereof). I have no doubt in my mind it's going to be invaluable for me when I start getting shutter-happy on my trip!!

(PS I have to ask - my boyfriend is a hot sauce junkie and I'd love to get him some of yours, do you ship to Canada?)
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh83 View Post
    I just wanted to say that I've been reading through this thread over the last couple of weeks, in anticipation of my trip to DL which we leave for on Sunday (looks like I finished my reading just in time!). Your wonderful tips have taken me from knowing next to nothing about my humble point & shoot to feeling more confident than ever about getting some fantastic photos of our memories on our trip! And when my camera unexpectedly broke last week, only a week out from my trip, all the things I had learned from this thread made me feel very confident about what to look for in a new P&S to replace it (not quite at the stage/disposable income to go for a DSLR yet!) So far I'm very, very happy with it and can't wait to see what I get at DL! I've always been pretty comfortable with a certain degree of photo editing in PS and the like but I've learned a lot more than I ever would have otherwise.

So in summary, thank you SO much for all your tips that are so accessible for people of all levels of photographic skill (or lack thereof). I have no doubt in my mind it's going to be invaluable for me when I start getting shutter-happy on my trip!!

(PS I have to ask - my boyfriend is a hot sauce junkie and I'd love to get him some of yours, do you ship to Canada?)
    Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for your kind comments. Please come back and post some of your photos after your trip!
    As the manufacturer of the sauces, we do not ship to Canada. It isn't that we don't want to, only that we don't have time to and the shipping cost is so expensive that it is cheaper to order from our Canadian retailer. Their website is www.salivate.ca. You can call the office number and they can ship it to you. We also have a website that we work with here in San Diego that handles all of our shipping across the globe. They can ship anywhere and get much better shipping rates than we do. Their website is www.hotsaucesnmore.com They might be a great spot for you to check out when it comes time for Christmas presents for him.

Now... I have to apologize once more for not having a new tutorial up in so long. It has not only been stupidly busy at work but we've been dealing with the illness and passing of my Father in-Law on July 4th. If any of you have ever planned a funeral service, it is virtually identical to planning a wedding but you only have a very short time to do it in. All of that is over now and we can get back to catching back up on our production and hopefully on this column. I am hoping to have a new (little one) up tonight.

In the mean time, here's a little bit o' pretty for today.

Mystical Dreams.... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law's passing.

• Minion

7-25-12
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" is a post processing tip on Why and How to Add a Frame around an image using my often shown free program Photoscape.

There can be any number of reasons why you would want to add a frame around your image. You might want to just to differentiate your work from other peoples with a custom frame created by you. If you are printing your image on your computer and putting in an inexpensive frame, it can give the appearance of a special matte inside the frame. Or, if you are printing something like a long narrow panoramic photo, a black border on top and bottom can give the image more of a balanced and dramatic look.

As I've said many times, Photoscape is one of my favorite programs and the one I finish every one of my photos in. It has all kinds of choices for pre made borders and frames but to be honest, none of them do a thing for me. I prefer a simple white border with a black frame like this one.
    Name:  7641547844_1a41d2dbab_z_d.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  112.5 KB

Depending on the image, sometimes I prefer just a solid black frame. It is a bit ironic that those can me somewhat tricky to do unless you understand how the program works and how to get what you want. There's a few ways to do it so I'll show you the simplest one first, but keep in mind it doesn't offer very much control. So let's get started...

First, open your image of choice in Photoscape. I chose this image because I really like the look of a border around a black and white photo. It just gives it a more professional feel.
    Name:  7641548652_9b477d9f5a_z_d.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  123.0 KB

Notice that I am in the "Home" tab. In the box that says No Frame, click on the blue space with the arrow in it to bring up the dropdown menu with all of our choices.
    Name:  7641548978_13544cf316_o_d.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  8.9 KB

I'm going to choose the simple Border.

Name:  7641549062_43ff3cff21_z_d.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  42.6 KB

By clicking on Border, you can see that it put a small white border around the image. (I'm only showing the corner of the image to make it easier to see the changes.) Also notice that the slider is at 100%.
    Name:  7641549140_f4a30c23d6_o_d.jpg
Size:  10.7 KB

If you move the slider to 200%, it doubles the thickness of the white border. Sadly, that is about as much control of this as you get doing it this way.
    Name:  7641549204_c85382b9b3_o_d.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  12.2 KB

For much, much greater creative control, lets choose Border again but this time we are also going to click on the Margin button right below it.
    Name:  7641549278_4a381de9dc_o_d.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  13.4 KB

When you click on the Margin button it brings up this control panel. I have the Background Color set to White, but clicking on that area will give you the ability to make it whatever color you want. Also notice that the "Assign Same Margin" box is checked. When this box is checked, it makes the thickness of the border the same on all 4 sides. When this box is checked, the Margin counter is the only one that applies. Here it is set to 80. (you can see the white border around the edge of the image on the right.)
    Name:  7641549350_b142644dc2_o_d.jpg
Size:  23.5 KB

If you Uncheck the Assign Same Margin box, you can make the top, bottom, left and right sides of the border whatever thickness you want. The edge of the image on the right shows how narrow the side is compared to the bottom.
    Name:  7641549438_131db09049_o_d.jpg
Size:  24.4 KB

Now that I have a white border around my image, I want to add a black border around that. To the Right of the Margin button is a Frame Line button. If you click on this one, it brings up this control panel. See how the Thickness is set at 32 and how it made a thin black line around the image to the right. Unfortunately, 32 is as thick as the program will allow you to make this line. You can go in and change the thickness number to 200 or more but it won't make the line any thicker. Since our white border is 80, 32 is a bit too thin.
    Name:  7641549500_15c1bc8d30_o_d.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  19.3 KB

To the Left of the Margin button is the Round button. That button brings up this control panel which is very similar to the Margin panel in that it will also put a border around the image but it allows you to round the corners of that border if you choose to. You can control the amount of that curve by changing the number in the Round (Pixel) window.
    Name:  7641549590_d042ec0988_z_d.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  44.1 KB

If you set the Round (Pixel) number to 0, it gives you a sharp cornered border.
    Name:  7641549678_5362e7f6fa_z_d.jpg
Size:  39.6 KB

I wanted to show you what those two other buttons do so you had an idea of the different types of creative control they can give you.

My preference and what I find to just be the quickest route for my personal style is just to hit the Margin button a second time, go into the Background Color box and change it from White to Black.
    Name:  7641549834_aa24aa1c8a_o_d.jpg
Size:  23.6 KB

Now I can set the thickness of the black line to whatever I want by using the Margin counter. I'm setting it on 75, which is just a tiny bit thinner than the white border which was set to 80.
    Name:  7641549926_44a1e4ab86_o_d.jpg
Size:  22.4 KB

Another nice thing about putting a white border with a black border around it is you can put your signature in the white edge instead of on the image itself. To do that, click on the Object tab that is right next to the Home tab. In that menu, the T is for Text.
    Name:  7641550026_f8e1bdcb2f_o_d.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  10.6 KB

When you click on the Text button, It brings up the Text Control Panel where you can type whatever you want, choose your favorite font and make it whatever color you want as well as apply all kinds of effects to the font such as outlines or shadows. I've chosen Walt Disney Script as my font with the font itself white and a black outline and shadow.
    Name:  7641550140_8ba946eeb0_z_d.jpg
Size:  64.2 KB

Once you have the font and your signature the way you like, click ok and it will put the writing on the image and allow you to move it wherever you want. Grabbing the corners of it will stretch or shrink the writing as you need. Once you have it the size and in the position you want, simply click anywhere on the image and it will get rid of the controls and line around it. If you need to make a change, simply double click on the writing and it will open the control panel back up again.
    Name:  7641550214_72ef82b259_o_d.jpg
Size:  5.7 KB

I saved the image and this is the result.
    Name:  7641543812_677aa27f90_z_d.jpg
Size:  87.9 KB

Now, what if you have a lovely panoramic photo that is really long and thin. Adding a thick black line to the top and bottom changes the shape and gives you a great place to put a custom signature.

To do that, open your image and choose Border again but make it black. Then click on the Margin button and in the control panel, uncheck the Assign Same Margin box and make the top and bottom thickness what you like. (I set them at 100). Notice that the left and right margins are set at 0. This makes the line only on the top and bottom of the image.
    Name:  7641550316_1e275626cd_z_d.jpg
Size:  75.7 KB

I centered my signature in the black border to make it look like something you would see printed and mounted on Gator Board and hanging on a wall.
    Name:  7641544120_c4e1bda596_z_d.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  162.4 KB

Once you know the controls and have your signature in the program, adding a border and signature only takes about 1 minute to do.

Happy Snapping!
    Michael Greening 2012
    Last edited by Hot Sauce 1; 07-24-2012 at 10:43 PM.

• Minion

Here's a few little pretties for today. I'm finally getting a day off to head to Cars Land again on Tuesday and Wednesday. I haven't been since June 14th and I'm dying to see it again.
    Is it odd that I have absolutely no desire to go into Disneyland and only want to spend my time in DCA? WOW! That is a huge statement.

Ring of Fire... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

One Little Spark... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• Elk Grove Chris

The photo of Maleficent belongs on the DL page for Fantasmic, spectacular.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Minion

Yipee! I finally had a chance to spend a day and a half at Disneyland. I don't know why I even say at "Disneyland" anymore because I spend all my time in Cars Land and have no desire to set foot in "Disneyland Proper" anymore. Even in the evening and full day I was in DCA, I only went into Buena Vista Street, Mad T Party and Cars Land. I didn't see any of the rest of the resort other than Bugs Land because I walked through it to get to Cars Land.

I shot photos for some new tutorials so I hope to have a new one up in a few days, as well as my first Roving Reporter type article for Mice Chat coming soon. In the mean time, here's a little bit o' pretty for today. This was nothing more than standing in the right place and having someone with balloons walk in front of me as I was taking pictures of the Flo's sign.

Neon Balloon... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Great looking shot, Mike! Sorry I missed you guys yesterday!

• Minion

Here's a little pretty for today.

Lighting the Night... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• 2 shots on the rocks.

The blue mickey ballon with Flo's in the background? Simply magical.
    Thank you Hot Sauce, your stuff is amazing.

OK I finally finished editing all my pictures... took about 800 on our trip, once I got home I deemed 536 useable. Thanks to all these tips on here I'm SO happy with how they turned out, post editing especially! I got a few good night/dark shots but with a point and shoot it wasn't as easy as it could be.. but the majority of my daytime photos turned out 100x better than any pictures I've taken before! So THANK YOU Michael for all your tips once again! Here's some of my favourites:

The second to last shot, I used the sky replacement technique. I used that quite a bit actually and it saved sooo many pictures from boring, grey ugly skies!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kayleigh83 View Post
    OK I finally finished editing all my pictures... took about 800 on our trip, once I got home I deemed 536 useable. Thanks to all these tips on here I'm SO happy with how they turned out, post editing especially! I got a few good night/dark shots but with a point and shoot it wasn't as easy as it could be.. but the majority of my daytime photos turned out 100x better than any pictures I've taken before! So THANK YOU Michael for all your tips once again! Here's some of my favourites:

The second to last shot, I used the sky replacement technique. I used that quite a bit actually and it saved sooo many pictures from boring, grey ugly skies!

I'm so glad! Great job on those. The black and white shot of the hood ornament is FANTASTIC!

I swear I have new posts coming soon. I have them all ready to go but I can't get FLickr to work at all. None of the action buttons work and I can't access different sizes to get the right size to post them. I've contacted Flickr and there are a lot of people having the same problem but they won't even respond. VERY IRRITATING!

• Minion

I finally got Flickr working right so I can get the next tutorial done tonight. Either Flickr updated or Windows updated and it wouldn't work. The trick was to turn off Compatibility View. While we're waiting, here's a few pretties for today. A Brand New Adventure... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on FlickrWould U Like Some T? by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr