Page 142 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4292117132139140141142143144145152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2361

• Minion

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

I finally had a few moments to get back to work on the book last night. I was at home so I couldn't do the tutorial (I need my work computer for the editing) but it is coming. Here's a few of my latest.

"Come and See" by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

And another HUGE HDR Panorama. I missed the blue hour the first night I wanted to do this shot because I forgot that my tripod was in a locker at the entrance of the park. By the time I ran and got it and made it back, the light was gone. I made sure I wasn't going to miss it the second night so I sat there for an hour, all set up ready to go when the light was what I wanted. Thankfully we had a gorgeous blue hour again.

Ornamental Blue... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Loves Disney

Other beautiful image as always Michael, Was just wonder did you ever post on the process on how you do your Multiple Exposures and layering techniques?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    Other beautiful image as always Michael, Was just wonder did you ever post on the process on how you do your Multiple Exposures and layering techniques?
    I've done a few different ones. Here is the link to the most recent and extensive tutorial. This is to part 1. It is a total of 5 lessons because there was so much to cover. The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

The remaining 4 are right after it.

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Hot Sauce,

A question on dark rides an the prime. If all I can get for dark ride and night time photography is a 1.8 instead of the 1.4, will I be able to get quality pics at night, in low light and on the dark rides similar to yours?

Mike

• Loves Disney

Michael Hope you don't mind posting this photo but Mpabis This is what I was able to do on Little mermaid with my 35mm F1.8 prime. The only issue you may run into is noise I was shooting this at 1/100 f2.8 iso 4000. I could of lowered my aperture to f1.8 but find that the focus and shift of depth is really touchy. Maybe someone with on ride photography experience can share some tips.

Scuttle by JAlejandro Photography, on Flickr

Disneyloon,

Thanks for the reply. That is some amazing work. It certainly gives me hope. That picture is unbelievable. Did you have to do any work on it?

• Loves Disney

That was from straight out of camera, If I was going to edit it I would work on possibly toning down the noise that is there. On this image there wasn't to much but on my Buzz lightyear astro blaster pic there is clearly noticeable noise. I am going to try planning something in Feb or March for a possible photographers meet. Currently I am in the middle of getting a new job and will not sure when I will have days off when the new job starts

• Tom Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    That was from straight out of camera, If I was going to edit it I would work on possibly toning down the noise that is there. On this image there wasn't to much but on my Buzz lightyear astro blaster pic there is clearly noticeable noise. I am going to try planning something in Feb or March for a possible photographers meet. Currently I am in the middle of getting a new job and will not sure when I will have days off when the new job starts
    I wouldn't mess with it. That photo looks perfect to me.

• Loves Disney

Thanks Figment

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    Hot Sauce,

A question on dark rides an the prime. If all I can get for dark ride and night time photography is a 1.8 instead of the 1.4, will I be able to get quality pics at night, in low light and on the dark rides similar to yours?

Mike
    Thanks DisneyLoon for stepping up for me.
    To also answer your question; Yes, using a F/1.8 is virtually as good as using the F/1.4 in the dark rides. The only thing that might have to change would be upping your ISO one increment to make up the difference. My Canon 7D has a lot more ISO settings than most cameras. For me it would mean going from ISO 3200 to ISO 4000. Most cameras would only go from 3200 to 6400, which is not necessary. I would sacrifice a few blurry images and get some good (useable) ones at ISO 3200 before going to 6400. At 6400, there is just too much noise (unless you are using a really good full frame camera) to make them useable at all.

I apologize for being absent for so long. It is just ridiculous how busy we've gotten at work. We've upped our production 57% in January and it is nowhere near enough. I try to keep between 400 -500 cases of product in inventory and I'm down to 30. I've had no time to even think about photos lately.

To be honest, I'm not seeing much light at the end of the tunnel for at least a few weeks either. I'm glad that you all understand and that other people such as Disney Loon are willing to step in and share knowledge.

Here's a few photos that I've posted on Flickr lately.

Waiting For Madness... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

20 Years Young... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Raspberry... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Trip the Darkness by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Another Night On the Town... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Excitement!!! by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

The Path to Tomorrow... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

The Storyteller... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

I can't believe the color saturation you got in those shots! Gorgeous, beautiful.

As much as I miss you posting here, I can't wish for your business to decrease.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I registered specifically to say Thank you for this thread. Some dream shots that I've wanted to get and just aren't possible with my P&S lead me to search for using DSLR's at the Disneyland Resort and I read through the entire thread in a week. I'm now debating using my tax return to invest a camera for my upcoming trip in May.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JalenJade View Post
    I registered specifically to say Thank you for this thread. Some dream shots that I've wanted to get and just aren't possible with my P&S lead me to search for using DSLR's at the Disneyland Resort and I read through the entire thread in a week. I'm now debating using my tax return to invest a camera for my upcoming trip in May.
    Wow, that's very flattering. Thank you.
    I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to do anything new lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Thanks DisneyLoon for stepping up for me.
    To also answer your question; Yes, using a F/1.8 is virtually as good as using the F/1.4 in the dark rides. The only thing that might have to change would be upping your ISO one increment to make up the difference. My Canon 7D has a lot more ISO settings than most cameras. For me it would mean going from ISO 3200 to ISO 4000. Most cameras would only go from 3200 to 6400, which is not necessary. I would sacrifice a few blurry images and get some good (useable) ones at ISO 3200 before going to 6400. At 6400, there is just too much noise (unless you are using a really good full frame camera) to make them useable at all.

I apologize for being absent for so long. It is just ridiculous how busy we've gotten at work. We've upped our production 57% in January and it is nowhere near enough. I try to keep between 400 -500 cases of product in inventory and I'm down to 30. I've had no time to even think about photos lately.

To be honest, I'm not seeing much light at the end of the tunnel for at least a few weeks either. I'm glad that you all understand and that other people such as Disney Loon are willing to step in and share knowledge.

Hot Sauce,

We are all greatly appreciative of all you have shown, demonstrated and taught us. It is more than understandable that your real life has to come first. Besides, I would consider it a good sign that your business is doing so well. Ride it as long as you can. We will all be here to chat with you about all things photography and Disney when you have time.

As always, a big "Thank You"

Mike

• Minion

2-12-13
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" is a quick but season appropriate one for Shooting into the Sun on Sunny Days.

I know! An actual new tutorial!
    (I wasn't planning on it but I had a few moments while Diane processes orders and decided to do a real quick one.)

As Springtime closes in on us and the cold, cloudy days of Winter become fewer and far between, we have more and more days of nothing but blue skies and wonderfully bright sunshine.

On those days when the sun is blaring in the sky and you can't seem to get away from it over exposing your skies and ruining your photos, change your thinking and change your aperture. Use that bright ball of light to your advantage and get some unique and striking images out of it.

I was walking into Cars Land a few weeks ago on one such sunny day and as I am apt to do, I take a lot of photos. As I was entering through the arch in Pacific Wharf, I photographed the archway with the sun behind it. I placed the sun behind the arch so it wouldn't totally blow out the sky and underexpose the arch.
    I set the aperture at F/11 for a nice and sharp image. Needless to say, the photo doesn't do anything for me. The sun makes that portion of the sky white and the image just isn't that interesting.
    Name:  8469342486_fa10be5613_z_d.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  170.5 KB

Once I was in Cars Land, I decided to use the sun to my advantage and make that bright sunlight the focal point of the image. By dropping the aperture down to F/22, it makes the opening of the lens so small that it makes light spray out into tiny streams. Much like if you look at a bright light and squint your eyes, you see thin streaks lf light. When doing this, make sure to shoot a bracketed exposure and process it as a Exposure Fusion to balance the exposure throughout the image. Now the streaks of light and lens flares add a wonderful element and unique colors to it and are far more interesting than the same image would be with just a clear blue sky.

Oh Glorious Day... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Days like this usually have a warm orange sky at sunset. For this single exposure shot, I dropped the Aperture down to F/22 and lowered the Exposure Compensation down 2 2/3rds so the fun wheel would just be a silhouette in the deep orange sky. In the RAW editor I increased the color temperature a bit to make it even more intense.

Remember When Time Stood Still... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

I did the same at Finding Nemo Lagoon. I set the aperture at F/22 and composed it so the sun was behind the palm trees, making them a silhouette and letting a streak of light beam through it. This one I shot as a bracket and Exposure Fusion to bring up the light in the lagoon and on the subs. I also warmed it up a touch.
    Name:  8468244627_c56a60d611_z_d.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  221.1 KB

A side note about shooting at very small apertures such as F/22. Most lenses are sharpest between F/8 and F/11. At F/22, you will have more in focus in the background but overall sharpness of the image will suffer a tiny bit. It's not enough to be of any concern unless you are blowing up the image really big.

Happy Snapping!
    Michael Greening 2013