Page 143 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4393118133140141142143144145146153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2361

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Cool shots! I hadn't considered using a deliberate lens flare.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I just have to know. How did you get this shot? No one at fireworks seems unheard of. Was it really that slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    You have no idea how frustrated I am that I haven't had a chance to do any new tutorials. Now it's getting to the point where I can't remember what I shot for them since it was so long ago.

I'll be at Disneyland on Tuesday and Wednesday trying out a new "Full Frame" sensor camera. I rented the new Nikon D600 to see if I like it. It will be a tough one for me since I've only used Canon cameras until now.

Here's a few pretties until next time.

That's Quite a Show... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I just have to know. How did you get this shot? No one at fireworks seems unheard of. Was it really that slow?
    The secret to that shot is patience, patience, patience....
    I grabbed my spot at the end of Main St. about an hour before the fireworks. I photographed the fireworks, then sat there patiently, without moving the camera until I was the last one there. It was about 2 1/2 hours of sitting there. As we were waiting for the last stragglers to leave Main St., I had my friends go out and stand in different positions that I photographed. Once everyone, including Security was behind me I took 7 different exposures of Main St.

I processed the fireworks images just for the castle and the fireworks. I processed the photos of my friends as individual images and I processed all the exposures of empty Main St. as a HDR. Then I layered all of them together so it would appear as if they were the only people in the park.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Another question on the 1.4/1.8 prime lenses everyone uses for the dark rides (and I assume outside the parks for portraits). At the parks, what is better the 50mm or 35mm? I intend to get only one as that is what my budget will allow but am curious which performs better across the spectrum of Disneyland? I got to use my bosses 50mm 1.8 at Christmas, but I had to get nearly into the other room to take pictures of my kids with it. Thus it wound up being not great for home use. Is there a big difference in what you can take at the park with the 50mm or 35mm? Thanks as always.

Mike

• Loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    Another question on the 1.4/1.8 prime lenses everyone uses for the dark rides (and I assume outside the parks for portraits). At the parks, what is better the 50mm or 35mm? I intend to get only one as that is what my budget will allow but am curious which performs better across the spectrum of Disneyland? I got to use my bosses 50mm 1.8 at Christmas, but I had to get nearly into the other room to take pictures of my kids with it. Thus it wound up being not great for home use. Is there a big difference in what you can take at the park with the 50mm or 35mm? Thanks as always.

Mike
    I would suggest the 35mm for sure. I have been using it for a month now and I am loving all the different images I can achieve with just one lens. For portraits you could use the 35mm for mid-range body shots and all you have to do is move either back or forward to get what you want in frame.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post

Mike
    I have the 50mm F/1.8 and the 50mm F/1.4. Of the two, the F/1.4 is a better lens. However, since I have a crop sensor camera (as do you), if I had it to do all over again I would get the 35mm. With the crop factor putting me at 80mm, it is just too close for a lot of things.

I highly suggest going with the 35mm.

• Minion

I just got back from a few days at Disneyland, although I spent about 1 hour of it in Disneyland and all the rest of the time at DCA. With all the construction walls, scrims and cranes in the views of Disneyland, I don't find it fun to photograph.

I was also there for the AP extra hours on Thursday night. I don't know if it was because of Valentines day or not but it was SOOOO much more crowded than it normally is. There was still lines 100 people deep to get wristbands at 8:30 pm, even after the normal closing time. I was hoping to get some empty Cars Land shots that night but that was totally impossible. I decided to wander around the quieter areas like Bugs Land and Hollywood Land, which turned out to be a good idea since they were not very crowded and I had the time and freedom to photograph for fun and look for interesting angles.

Here's a few from my trip so far. I'll post more as I process them.

Bullseye... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Feeling Lucky... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

In Circles... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Coming Your Way... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

Thanks Disneyloon and Michael. I will start focusing my attention on the 35mm.

​Gorgeous night shots!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I Can Show You the World

Hey guys! I am back! :-) Been away for a while now, I went back to school to finish up my degree and am all done. Woo Hoo! Now i'm looking to get back into my photography. Of course I'll need to get a new AP as well. I've got some new gear - and looking to get some more and wanted to get some input; should I go with a Tamron 90-300mm f4.5 AF Autofocus Macro Zoom lens or a Tamron AF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Telephoto Macro Zoom Lens? Thoughts anyone?

• Capt without a ship...

I love this thread - i bought my wife a nice beginner camera - not quite the DSLR but not a typical PNS. I told her she should look into this thread for some nice instructionals...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by awaflyboy View Post
    Hey guys! I am back! :-) Been away for a while now, I went back to school to finish up my degree and am all done. Woo Hoo! Now i'm looking to get back into my photography. Of course I'll need to get a new AP as well. I've got some new gear - and looking to get some more and wanted to get some input; should I go with a Tamron 90-300mm f4.5 AF Autofocus Macro Zoom lens or a Tamron AF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Telephoto Macro Zoom Lens? Thoughts anyone?
    Hey Mark,

It's great to see you again!

If you ask for my 2 cents, I would go with a more all purpose lens like the Tamron 28-300. This way it is more of an all around lens that covers all the bases. That's just me.

• Minion

Here's a few more shots for today.

I was in DCA for the AP after hours event and it was PACKED!
    I originally wanted to get some empty Cars Land shots but it was a solid wall of people. I decided instead to just wander around to areas that nobody goes to at night like Bugs Land and Hollywood Land. It turned out to be a good choice becuase they were virtually empty and I was able to just take my time and shoot photos just for fun. What made it even better was by taking my time and shooting just for fun's sake, I had my highest percentage of photos that I would deem worthy of posting here or on Flickr. Normally I would say that less than 10% are of that caliber. This time I averaged over 50%. One of my goals for my photography this year was to take less photos but make the ones I do take much better.

The Mad T Party can be a fun place to shoot when it's empty.

A House of Cards... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

High Tea... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• I Can Show You the World

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Hey Mark,

It's great to see you again!

If you ask for my 2 cents, I would go with a more all purpose lens like the Tamron 28-300. This way it is more of an all around lens that covers all the bases. That's just me.
    Thanks, currently I have a Nikon DX AF-S nikkor 55-200mm and a Nikon DX AF-S nikkor 18-55mm and I'm looking to get a little more zoom and then will be looking into some closeup macro lenses.

• Minion

Just a few pretties for today. I hope everyone is doing well. I just got back from a day of picture snapping with Cory Disbrow from Disney Photography Blog and writer of the Dateline Disney World column. Hopefully I'll have some things to say shortly.

The Ring of Fire... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Parts 'n' Stuff... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

McNuggets... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Clang, Clang, Clang... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Leaky Hose... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Color... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Fangs of Jafar... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr