Page 144 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4494119134141142143144145146147154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2361

• Loves Disney

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Beautiful work again Michael, I swear I need to schedule a day for lessons and taking photos together, I want my photography to be that rich in color and master low light photography

​That is a seriously amazing shot of the Serpent-Jafar.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I'm new to this forum. My son found it and told me about it. I have a question for Hot Sauce 1 or anyone else who knows the answer. I notice that Hot Sauce 1 seems to post a lot of shots without people in them. How willing is security to allow you to linger after closing to get those shots?

I plan to go through this thread and pay close attention to Hot Sauce 1's tutorials and to any others who offer tips and tricks. There are some great photos in this thread and maybe I'll take some ones good enough to contribute.

Since I'm new a little about me. I'm retired and live in northern California. I've been going to Disneyland once a year with my children and their families for about seven years. A couple of years I've gone twice. Since this is a family vacation I spend most of my time with my family taking family shots. I do try and sneak away once in awhile and shoot some scenery shots. I use a Canon 7D with a Canon 15-85 lens. The first few years I carried around a backpack with all my lenses and a tripod but found I never changed lenses and rarely had time to setup and use the tripod. The last couple of trips I've just carried the 7D with the 15-85 lens. For me this is the perfect lens for Disneyland. It allows you to get the group family shots in crowded conditions when you can't back up much. I also find I rarely wish I had additional range.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    Beautiful work again Michael, I swear I need to schedule a day for lessons and taking photos together, I want my photography to be that rich in color and master low light photography
    How often do you get to the park. I'd love to meet up and shoot with you.
    We'll be there this coming Thursday.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AmPhotog View Post
    I'm new to this forum. My son found it and told me about it. I have a question for Hot Sauce 1 or anyone else who knows the answer. I notice that Hot Sauce 1 seems to post a lot of shots without people in them. How willing is security to allow you to linger after closing to get those shots?

I plan to go through this thread and pay close attention to Hot Sauce 1's tutorials and to any others who offer tips and tricks. There are some great photos in this thread and maybe I'll take some ones good enough to contribute.

Since I'm new a little about me. I'm retired and live in northern California. I've been going to Disneyland once a year with my children and their families for about seven years. A couple of years I've gone twice. Since this is a family vacation I spend most of my time with my family taking family shots. I do try and sneak away once in awhile and shoot some scenery shots. I use a Canon 7D with a Canon 15-85 lens. The first few years I carried around a backpack with all my lenses and a tripod but found I never changed lenses and rarely had time to setup and use the tripod. The last couple of trips I've just carried the 7D with the 15-85 lens. For me this is the perfect lens for Disneyland. It allows you to get the group family shots in crowded conditions when you can't back up much. I also find I rarely wish I had additional range.
    Security has become much friendlier lately to all of us photographers. In the past 4 months, there has been a HUGE change in their attitudes towards us and it has been really nice.

If you plan to get empty park shots, the trick is to be near the back of the park, such as Tomorrowland or Critter Country or Toontown at park closing. Security starts at the back of the park and slowly works their way forward towards the exit, sweeping the park for people. If you are there when the last person gets out of your shot and work your way towards the entrance, taking shots as you go, they shouldn't be too bothered. As long as you move when they ask you to, you will be fine. Also, if you do bring a tripod, which you should, make sure you don't set it up in the middle of a walkway if there are still people around.

Quite a few of my photos that don't have people in them were taken while there were lots of people walking around. I do long exposures so as long as they don't stop moving, they disappear.

Let me know when you'll be down again and maybe we can meet up to shoot the park after closing.

• Loves Disney

It's hard to say I just recently started working at Pepsi as a merchandiser and it's really not set in stone on which days I will have off, Once I get a handle on the days I will be off I will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Quite a few of my photos that don't have people in them were taken while there were lots of people walking around. I do long exposures so as long as they don't stop moving, they disappear.
    Good Point. Forgot about that little trick.

Let me know when you'll be down again and maybe we can meet up to shoot the park after closing.
    Have always gone the week after Thanksgiving. I'll let you know.

BTW - I read you're considering going to the dark side (Nikon).:-) I'm sure they make great cameras but I've always been a Canon man since getting my first FTb. Now I've got to much invested in lenses to switch. I'm hoping they come out with the rumored 7D Mkii.

How often do you get to the park. I'd love to meet up and shoot with you.
    We'll be there this coming Thursday.
    You going to be there all day? I would love to meet you too! I am coming down for the day for the evening event Thursday night.
    The Mur

I'm working on that. The book is about 95% finished. I have a few more posts to do that will also be in the book, then I have to send a bunch of them to a company to do a layout for a sample book to send to prospective publishers.

I planned on having it done about 9 months ago but work just got so busy that I haven't had a chance to touch it in months. (very frustrating)

Here's a new photo that I just did. It is a 11 section panorama. Each section was a 3 exposure bracket processed in Photomatix, then layer masked in Photoshop. Then I stitched them all together in Photoshop and ran it through Nik Color Efx for some final detail. All in all it took me about 3 hours to do the entire thing.

Passing Through.... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Michael, I really LOVE your pano shots, they are really great. Thanx

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AmPhotog View Post
    Good Point. Forgot about that little trick.

Have always gone the week after Thanksgiving. I'll let you know.

BTW - I read you're considering going to the dark side (Nikon).:-) I'm sure they make great cameras but I've always been a Canon man since getting my first FTb. Now I've got to much invested in lenses to switch. I'm hoping they come out with the rumored 7D Mkii.
    Most likely I'll get the Canon 5D Mark III. I tried the Nikon D600 and wasn't that happy with the functionality and layout of the ergonomics. I will say that the dynamic range and picture quality was AMAZING!

Since none of my Canon lenses will work on a full frame Canon, I was toying with the switch. I'm basically starting from scratch when I go to a full frame camera, so I figured I'd try them both and see what I liked best.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    You going to be there all day? I would love to meet you too! I am coming down for the day for the evening event Thursday night.
    Yep, I'll be there all day. I'll probably get into the park around 11:30 am and will immediately try and get a wristband for Fantasy Faire. After that I'll be closing out DCA. I'm hoping and hoping it will be pouring rain that night. I want to shoot the street in Cars Land with wet pavement.

• Loves Disney

Michael work just called me and said they overbooked my Thursday and for now I am off so I might be able to go Thursday. I will let you know if anything changes

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Greetings I have a question.

The Mad T Party can be a fun place to shoot when it's empty.

For these photos and the other photos you take where the colors just POP!....for those photos do you enchance them? Or is this straight from the camera?

I will be peeking in here more often as I have a real hard time in dark rides and the tutorials so far have been helpful, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Greetings I have a question.

For these photos and the other photos you take where the colors just POP!....for those photos do you enchance them? Or is this straight from the camera?

I will be peeking in here more often as I have a real hard time in dark rides and the tutorials so far have been helpful, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks!
    Hi Clara,

Those are definitely enhanced. They are HDR images. (3 exposures each) processed in Photomatix, then some Nik Color EFX applied to them.
    I also layer mask the -2 exposure image on top of the HDR image to layer in any lighting elements that are over exposed. The perfect example of that is the card stage in Mad T Party. The display screen with "Mad T" on it was from the -2 exposure image. That is the only way to get a nice clean shot of the screen.

• Sock Puppet

So hotsauce, you took 3 different photos of the same thing and then overlayed them onto each other?.. Can photomatix be downloaded or is it something you need to buy? do you have to have lightrooom to have it?
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-04-2013 at 04:42 PM.