Page 145 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4595120135142143144145146147148155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2361

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Hi Clara,

Those are definitely enhanced. They are HDR images. (3 exposures each) processed in Photomatix, then some Nik Color EFX applied to them.
    I also layer mask the -2 exposure image on top of the HDR image to layer in any lighting elements that are over exposed. The perfect example of that is the card stage in Mad T Party. The display screen with "Mad T" on it was from the -2 exposure image. That is the only way to get a nice clean shot of the screen.
    Ah ok, thanks for explaining!

I have a lot of practice ahead of me! When I went to Universal this past Saturday, I got some shots and also enhanced them for more color and they popped but no where near as great as yours do. That is why I asked if yours were enhanced. Thought I was missing something.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    So hotsauce, you took 3 different photos of the same thing and then overlayed them onto each other?

Can photomatix be downloaded or is it something you need to buy? do you have to have lightrooom to have it?
    Yes, I took 3 images of different exposures. 1 at 0, 1 at -2 and 1 at +2. Then put them in Photomatix, which is the preferred HDR software. It is a stand alone program that you have to purchase. It is about $100.00.

Once I processed the HDR image in Photomatix, I open it in Photoshop and layer mask in parts of the -2 exposure, such as street lights and overly lit signs.
    Then I apply some filters in Nik Color Efx and do some final sharpening and touches to it.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Sock Puppet

wow .maybe i need lightroom.. LOL i only have the photoshop elements 10. as i use it for graphics and some photo processing stuff. but it has the warming and cold filters that do bring out the maroon's more and the blues more when i need them too.

thanks hot sauce!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    wow .maybe i need lightroom.. LOL i only have the photoshop elements 10. as i use it for graphics and some photo processing stuff. but it has the warming and cold filters that do bring out the maroon's more and the blues more when i need them too.

thanks hot sauce!
    Other than Photomatix for the HDR work, I use Photoshop elements 9 for all the layering. Nik Color Efx is a plugin that works inside Elements.

I do use Photoshop CS6 for the RAW editor. It blows away the one in Elements. Other than that, I hardly know how to do anything in it and find Elements much easier to work in.

However, I did find (the hard way) one of the big problems with Elements. I do a lot of panoramic images and I kept getting the message in Elements that "I don't have enough RAM" to do what I want. I upgraded my system to 18 gigs of RAM and kept getting the same message. It turns out that Elements will only recognize 4 gigs of RAM and still won't use all of it, which is why it kept giving me the error message. Photoshop CS6 doesn't have that problem at all.

I also have Lightroom but have never, ever figured out how to use it. I bought a huge book on using light room and the first 50 pages are on how to set up Lightroom. If it takes 50 pages to tell you how to set up a program, it is far too complicated for me. I haven't even opened it in well over a year.

• Sock Puppet

Other than Photomatix for the HDR work, I use Photoshop elements 9 for all the layering. Nik Color Efx is a plugin that works inside Elements.

I do use Photoshop CS6 for the RAW editor. It blows away the one in Elements. Other than that, I hardly know how to do anything in it and find Elements much easier to work in.

However, I did find (the hard way) one of the big problems with Elements. I do a lot of panoramic images and I kept getting the message in Elements that "I don't have enough RAM" to do what I want. I upgraded my system to 18 gigs of RAM and kept getting the same message. It turns out that Elements will only recognize 4 gigs of RAM and still won't use all of it, which is why it kept giving me the error message. Photoshop CS6 doesn't have that problem at all.

I also have Lightroom but have never, ever figured out how to use it. I bought a huge book on using light room and the first 50 pages are on how to set up Lightroom. If it takes 50 pages to tell you how to set up a program, it is far too complicated for me. I haven't even opened it in well over a year.

oh okay. so i can layer my photos ( 3 shots of the same picture in different lighting) in photoshop to do the layering( or layer mask) and then use a program with HDR capabilities to add the HDR effect..cool!! i will remember this! i will also seek out getting that plugin for my elements, elements 10 is fantastic! And yeah i edit my photos in it and it works great.

col thanks for the suggestion! And btw, i hate lightroom, my elements came with a free trial. It's horrible, and i rather just use my photoshop elements LOL

• Loves Disney

Have you ever considering in selling your lightroom lol?

• Minion

3-6-13
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" Takes a Look at Light...

In my never ending quest to learn more about photography and hopefully have that translate into being a better photographer, I'm discovering that studying light is of utmost importance and can by itself be a wonderful photograph.

Without light, there can be no color and without light, there would be nothing to photograph. It would simply be a solid black square and without light, you wouldn't be able to see that either.

Taking pictures is the art of capturing light. The reason we can even see what the subject is that we want to photograph is because of the light reflecting off of it and making its way to our eyes.

I'm still trying to get used to this way of thinking and accepting that light itself is a wondrous thing in the way it can be captured and become an integral part of the image.

For this first image, I was walking through Bug's Land and saw this cute little kid playing in the fountain area. He was having a blast running around and playing in the water. I decided to see if I could get a shot of him getting blasted by a fountain and the shocked look that would undoubtedly be on his face.
    Name:  8536243124_6db0886aa6_z_d.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  182.4 KB

As I was watching him, I noticed some amazing color being reflected onto the surface of the water and dancing around like crazy. It was the sunlight beaming down through the atmosphere, hitting one of the popsicle benches, picking up all that color and then reflecting down onto the water andt hen reflecting back up to my eyes and camera sensor. I decided that the light was a much more interesting image and zoomed in on it.

Painting with Light... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

In the same context, I know you all know that I have an affinity for neon but it is really the light from the neon bouncing off of walls and adding unique color and texture to them that really fascinates me.This image from Cars Land would just be a boring neon sign if it didn't include how the light was reflecting off the brick wall.
    Name:  8530217546_d2d968da3a_z_d.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  196.3 KB

When I was processing this photo of the Clarabelle's sign, I decided that the light coming from it made a really cool, kinda film noir image.

Midnight Snack... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

When I shot this one of It's a Small World Holiday, I was entranced by the light warming up the pavement in front of it. Sadly the Small World part of the image sucks but I do love the look of the light on the ground.
    Name:  8530211908_7b527a08c2_z_d.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  211.1 KB

One night I was waiting for my wife to get a loaf of bread at Boudin's and I decided to just stand there and see what light I could see and what it was doing that might be of interest. I didn't particularly care what the photo was of as long as it showcased how light was affecting the scene. This is what I came away with.
    Name:  8530213786_657198af5f_z_d.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  134.2 KB

My wife Diane does a bit of street photography and she captured this image of Minnie's Fly Girls walking by Carthay Circle Theater. Them walking down the colonnade would be a boring photo if it weren't for the bright light coming through the columns and reflecting off the brick. It is the light itself that gives the image a mood and reason to be interesting.
    Name:  8535179303_d132fd01d3_z_d.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  136.7 KB

So as you study your existing images and any images you plan to take, take a moment and look at the light, study it, admire it, fall in love with it and then capture it.

Happy Snapping!

Michael Greening 2013
    Last edited by Hot Sauce 1; 03-06-2013 at 09:52 PM.

You are so right about light! It's beautiful and you got some amazing shots there while playing with it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

When I was processing this photo of the Clarabelle's sign, I decided that the light coming from it made a really cool, kinda film noir image.

Midnight Snack... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Ok I'm a *bit* biased towards Clarabelle's....gee...I wonder why!?!

• Sock Puppet

Kerri,micahael. you guys are right, you gotta take a moment to observe what your surrounding is, not what you see in your eyes, but what you see through your lens. ( for example) i believe when you take a photo of a flower, people are not just looking at a photo of a flower, but how you see the flower, they are seeing the flower through your eyes.

And michael, the photo of the two girls you have there walking.. i see a angle, it's not straight on, there is a slight angle to it. Rules of thirds!

• New Member Goes Forth

Love the photos Hot Sauce 1
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Minion

I recently took a trip to Disneyland to test out my brand new Canon 5D Mark III. Yep, I finally made the leap to a full frame camera and L series lens. So far I'm not too sure about the camera. I'll have to worth with it for a while to really see what it can do and how to get the most out of it.
    Here's the first few images from it.
    I stumbled onto this shot. I thought the sky was all cloudy and wasn't going to give me any color at sunset so we went to White Water Snacks to get something to eat and relax for a bit. I got up to go to the bathroom and walked outside to this sky. I ran back in, grabbed my camera and someone was opening the gate to go into the pool. Using a trascan as a tripod, I fired off a 7 exposure bracket. Two minutes later, the color was gone.

T'was a Grand California Sunset... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

This one was a LOT of work. It is a 12 section panorama, with each section consisting of 7 exposures. I processed each section as a HDR, then layermasked in the underexposed images for the neon and cleaner sky. Then stitched it all together in Photoshop, used the Wide Angle Lens Filter to straighten out some stuff and then applied a bit of Nik Color EFX to it.
    I suggest viewing it on Flickr and viewing it full size, which is actually only about half of the actual size if 60" x 20". I had to size it down to finish it off.

I am Spartacus... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Enjoy!

• Loves Disney

OMG That is so amazing Michael, I hope one day I can learn to make images as clean as yours, I know people say I am good but this is just on a different level of beauty, The colors and the detail amazing just amazing. If I had my own house I would so want to purchase the cars land image for at least the main room or living room its just gorgeous.

Michael, were you photographing that Cars Land panorama on the night of Thursday the 7th? After closing we were on our way out after riding RSR and saw someone with a tripod photographing that exact area. My wife suggested it might be you, and I would've gone up to say hello if I'd realized. Love your work.

Wow!!! That panorama is amazing! How long did it take your to complete all of that processing of images? It seems like a crazy amount of work. I was also wondering what the huge draw is for "Nik Color EFX." Is this a special sauce that I should try?
    - Bobd