Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55105130145152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2361

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Just in case this isn't what you're doing already, here's how I've made mine work: Go to one of your links above, then click the "More ways to share" button below the photo (it's the square with the arrow coming out of it). Under "Grab the HTML/BBCode", select the "BBCode" button, and choose a size. I normally pick "Medium 800", but I'm not sure what you usually use. Then just copy the resulting code and paste it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Which brings me to my question, within the next 6 months I would like to purchase a DSLR camera. Could you guys suggest a good camera? My budget is about $1000 including the lens but I'm willing to go over if a good enough camera is suggested. I don't need anything super fancy but nothing mediocre either. I would like it to shoot 1080p video and be very good at doing so as well as have good low light performance when both capturing still photos and videos.
    For starters I'm a Canon man. My latest camera is the 5D3. With your budget in mind I would wait for Black Friday and see what kind of deal you can get on a Canon 70D. Has the best low light capability of any Canon crop body which for me anyway is an important consideration. So important in fact that I spent the big bucks to move up to the 5D3.

My guess would be that you can come close to your budget for the body and a kit lens like the 18-55. Personally I would get the body only and get a refurb 15-85. Best Disneyland walk around lens for a Canon. Great image quality. Great for taking group photos when it's crowded and you can't back up. Never really needed more reach. For five years that was the only lens on my T2i and then my 7D while I was at Disneyland.

Take a look at this site if you want to buy new: https://www.greentoe.com. I saved $600 on my 5D3 brand new with Canon USA warranty. The 70D is officially not for sale yet and they don't have it on their site but I suspect they will when you are ready to buy.

Visit camera stores. Play with the cameras, see what menu systems make sense to you. For instance, I like the Nikon menus, but can't find a thing on a Canon. Read reviews. Read books on how to work the camera.

Photography is a whole lot of fun, and having a camera that will do what I tell it to helps a lot.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I thought that someone may be interested in considering a different option for photography at Disneyland. I think that a mirrorless camera system may be a fantastic option. I have owned the Canon T1i, the 60D, and now the full frame 6D. It seemed for a while that I kept upgrading the same time as Hot Sauce 1, but I kept buying the cheaper camera. While I love my 6D, and I still use it for family shots, paid photo gigs, and photo competitions, I have become addicted to my Olympus Pen E-PL5. The small size and weightlessness are amazing. I have not been to Disneyland in awhile (I have three babies right now), but when I do go back next year I will be bringing the Pen. My whole kit for the Pen is the same size as a DSLR and I forget that it is hanging on my shoulder when I am not using it. More importantly, the Pen takes pictures that are in the same quality ballpark as an entry level DSLR such as the T5i or the 70D. Since you are probably going to be riding the rides at the park and walking all day, size and weight matter. I have personally given up on hiking with a DSLR, my Pen is just too damn good to justify the extra weight of a DSLR.

The only downside that I can think of for the Pen is that the menus take some effort to figure out.

Anyways, if you are not considering a Pen, I must say +1 to the Canon EF-S 15-85mm lens. That was my favorite lens at Disneyland the last two times I was there. In addition, Hot Sauce is dead on with his advice that you get a third party camera manual. They are essential in understanding how to get the most out of your camera.
    - Bobd

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bobd20011 View Post
    I thought that someone may be interested in considering a different option for photography at Disneyland. I think that a mirrorless camera system may be a fantastic option. I have owned the Canon T1i, the 60D, and now the full frame 6D. It seemed for a while that I kept upgrading the same time as Hot Sauce 1, but I kept buying the cheaper camera. While I love my 6D, and I still use it for family shots, paid photo gigs, and photo competitions, I have become addicted to my Olympus Pen E-PL5. The small size and weightlessness are amazing. I have not been to Disneyland in awhile (I have three babies right now), but when I do go back next year I will be bringing the Pen. My whole kit for the Pen is the same size as a DSLR and I forget that it is hanging on my shoulder when I am not using it. More importantly, the Pen takes pictures that are in the same quality ballpark as an entry level DSLR such as the T5i or the 70D. Since you are probably going to be riding the rides at the park and walking all day, size and weight matter. I have personally given up on hiking with a DSLR, my Pen is just too damn good to justify the extra weight of a DSLR.

The only downside that I can think of for the Pen is that the menus take some effort to figure out.

Anyways, if you are not considering a Pen, I must say +1 to the Canon EF-S 15-85mm lens. That was my favorite lens at Disneyland the last two times I was there. In addition, Hot Sauce is dead on with his advice that you get a third party camera manual. They are essential in understanding how to get the most out of your camera.
    I'm hearing great things about these mirrorless cameras, especially the Sony one. After lugging around my camera bag (which weighed about 25 lbs.) at Disneyland last week, one might be in my future as well.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Minion

I just got back from 3 days at Disneyland for a friends Disney Wedding. I haven't been to the parks in 4 months. I KNOW!!!
    I'll have photos to come and a full article on Disney Weddings including an interview with the Bride.

The night before the ceremony took place, I went over to the Rose Pavilion at the Disneyland Hotel to get some night time atmosphere shots.
    I still can't seem to post photos correctly for some REALLY irritating reason, so here are the links.
    Days of Wine and Roses... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I also did some empty park fireworks photos of the Bride & Groom from the Partners Statue and met up with some wonderful Mice Chatters.
    Love Conquers All... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    I'll have photos to come and a full article on Disney Weddings including an interview with the Bride.
    I am super excited for this post! I am going back to the park next October for a wedding. And wow, there was a lot of green in that gazebo photo!
    - Bobd

• Minion

I'm hoping I got this photo uploading thing figured out. I gave up on doing it from Flickr and put them in my photobucket account.
    Here's a few of the Bride & Groom fireworks photos I did.

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

As I keep re-reading all the threads to glean more knowledge, two things caught my eye that I thought I would ask about.

1. There are a ton of amazing sunset pictures on here but how do you take them without hurting your camera and/or your eyes? I have looked all over on the web but the tips always just say to be safe when doing so, not how to be safe.

2. When takin the late night shots at closing, what is the process for doing so? Do you ask permission? Do you palm the security guy a $20 and say I need a few minutes? How can you set up and get your shots without getting thrown out?

Thanks as always.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post
    As I keep re-reading all the threads to glean more knowledge, two things caught my eye that I thought I would ask about.

1. There are a ton of amazing sunset pictures on here but how do you take them without hurting your camera and/or your eyes? I have looked all over on the web but the tips always just say to be safe when doing so, not how to be safe.

2. When takin the late night shots at closing, what is the process for doing so? Do you ask permission? Do you palm the security guy a $20 and say I need a few minutes? How can you set up and get your shots without getting thrown out?

Thanks as always.
    For sunset shots, I always shoot directly into the sun. I do use a small aperture like f/16 - F/22 and bracket the shots. Normally I'm using one that is -1, which gives the richest color in the sky without being blown out.

For the late night photos, start at the back of the park, like It's a Small World or down in Critter Country. As the park empties, take your photos and work your way towards the exit. Security starts their sweeps at the back corners and work their way forwards. If you are set up shooting as they are clearing that area, they will politely ask you to move along. Be nice, and say you only have 20 seconds or whatever it may be left and then move along. Get a bit ahead of them and shoot until they make it up to you again. Keep working your way towards the exit. Remember, Main St. is open a full hour after park closing so you do have a good amount of time. When I took those empty Partners shots above, I had the 3 security guards standing beside me right out of the frame for at least 10 minutes while I shot my brackets. I kept chatting with them and had a really nice friendly conversation. As soon as I was done, I quickly moved down Main St. to shoot some more. They've been really nice lately.

It's probably right in front of my face but I would like to share an image but it is to large and I can't find where it tells you the maximum image size. Can someone help? Is there a sticky or thread somewhere that addresses attaching images?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AmPhotog View Post
    It's probably right in front of my face but I would like to share an image but it is to large and I can't find where it tells you the maximum image size. Can someone help? Is there a sticky or thread somewhere that addresses attaching images?
    If you have it on Flickr, click on the "Share" button and select the BBC Code. Right click it and select Copy.
    Then on the Insert Image window here on Mice chat, go to the From URL side and paste it in the space and UN CHECK! the Retrieve Remote File box.

Here's some new pretties for now.
    "W" for Walt... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Color Circles... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Red Rocks & Blue Skies "East Side" by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Red Rocks & Blue Skies... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

• B.T.

If you have it on Flickr, click on the "Share" button and select the BBC Code. Right click it and select Copy.
    Then on the Insert Image window here on Mice chat, go to the From URL side and paste it in the space and UN CHECK! the Retrieve Remote File box.

Here's some new pretties for now.
    "W" for Walt... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Color Circles... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Red Rocks & Blue Skies "East Side" by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr

Red Rocks & Blue Skies... by Ring of Fire Hot Sauce 1, on Flickr
    Hey Mike,

Long tine admirer of your photos and this thread. It has taught me a lot. However, I wish to seek more wisdom. I love the sharpness and "pop," for a lack of better terms, on your photos. Especially the night time ones. The colors are so vibrant. I assume you used HDR for a lot of them. My questions is how do you achieve the sharpness of these. I am having a ton of trouble on that aspect with my photos. I don't know if it a focus issues, HDR merge issue, Pre-raw conversion sharpness issue, or even an exposure issue. Please see my photos below. The TL shot is HDR, but the TT shot is not. Both suffer, I feel, from a lack of sharpness. They don't seem to "pop." I think another issue I have is the color "bleeding/halo." Could you please enlighten me a bit. I know this might be huge topic requiring many tutorials. I have read through most of yours throughout the years; but, a few pointers, or a point in the right direct for research, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Mike.

Last edited by llamaboy; 10-14-2013 at 10:23 AM.

• formerly very helpful

That is an incredible shot!

• formerly very helpful

This one is also magnificent, IMHO. I love how it seems to say that the bride and groom are the only two people in the park. Very romantic.