Page 45 of 158 FirstFirst ... 203542434445464748557095145 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    This is so true. I have vivid memories of when we took our young kids to get a shot with Tigger and Winnie the Pooh, and my son (then age 3) was just not going to interact with the giant bear, tiger or donkey. He just would NOT let go of my wife. We also have some lovely video of him screaming in terror as two over-sized chipmunks dropped by during a dinner at the hotel to cheer him up.

He was a very traumatized little tyke. He's a freshman in high school now and it's hard to believe that fuzzy disney characters every made him hysterical.
    That's hilarious.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Minion

I've got a really hectic and rough weekend here at work, so I won't be able to do a post today. Since I can't do an actual lesson of sorts, I thought I would leave you with this shot that is my current wallpaper. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

See you Monday.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce 1; 11-13-2010 at 06:16 PM.

i cant see it : (

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by seanlawler View Post
    i cant see it : (
    Sorry about that missing photo for a bit. After uploading it I noticed a smudge in his fur so I fixed that and then reuploaded it to Flickr. I forgot that gets rid of it here.

thank you :] and great picture

• Minion

11-15-10
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” continues our discussion about Portrait Photography but looks at a different type of portrait that not only captures the people in it but the moment in which those people are living.

I was strolling through New Orleans Square recently and stumbled upon a really fun couple having their caricature drawn by one of the artists normally stationed in that location. My first thought was to take a picture of the artists hands doing his work for my series on Hands of Cast Members showing their different with just pictures of their hands. I asked him if I could photograph him doing his work and he was happy to oblige my somewhat strange request. As I was doing so, I was chatting with the couple and asked if I could photograph them. They were also happy to oblige me and we had a great time chatting for about 15 minutes. As I was taking the picture of the artist drawing them, it occurred to me that it would be an interesting portrait if I had the drawing in the foreground and the couple in the background. This way it is kind of a double portrait between with their picture and them. Having a piece of the artist in the foreground also added to the moment and gave the image an interesting human element and strengthens the feeling of capturing "A Moment in Time for that Couple".

I know it isn’t the fanciest or prettiest of photos but I really love the framing and how it tells a story of that moment in time for that specific couple. I only wish that they had e-mailed me so I could have sent the picture to them.

I hope you enjoy it as well and that it might inspire a unique type of portrait for you or your loved ones.

Here is another way of capturing that moment by just showing the drawing and it being drawn.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2010

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    11-15-10
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” continues our discussion about Portrait Photography but looks at a different type of portrait that not only captures the people in it but the moment in which those people are living.

I was strolling through New Orleans Square recently and stumbled upon a really fun couple having their caricature drawn by one of the artists normally stationed in that location. My first thought was to take a picture of the artists hands doing his work for my series on Hands of Cast Members showing their different with just pictures of their hands. I asked him if I could photograph him doing his work and he was happy to oblige my somewhat strange request. As I was doing so, I was chatting with the couple and asked if I could photograph them. They were also happy to oblige me and we had a great time chatting for about 15 minutes. As I was taking the picture of the artist drawing them, it occurred to me that it would be an interesting portrait if I had the drawing in the foreground and the couple in the background. This way it is kind of a double portrait between with their picture and them. Having a piece of the artist in the foreground also added to the moment and gave the image an interesting human element and strengthens the feeling of capturing "A Moment in Time for that Couple".

I know it isn’t the fanciest or prettiest of photos but I really love the framing and how it tells a story of that moment in time for that specific couple. I only wish that they had e-mailed me so I could have sent the picture to them.

I hope you enjoy it as well and that it might inspire a unique type of portrait for you or your loved ones.

Here is another way of capturing that moment by just showing the drawing and it being drawn.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2010

As I mentioned on Flickr, I love that shot of the couple posing for their drawing. I just think the perspective is brilliant! Nicely done Hot Sauce!

• Minion

11-16-10
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” is going to take a cue from Carl Fredrickson and go Up, Up and Away with our Beautiful, Colorful, Magical, Balloons.

Another one of the things I like to photograph at Disneyland are Balloons. Balloons are always cheerful and make us happy, so why wouldn’t a nice photograph of balloons showing up in your screensaver bring you a smile, at least for the few seconds that it appears on your screen.

In my opinion, the best time to photograph the balloons is on a bright sunny day and they CM selling them is out in the sunlight. When they are in the shadows, the colors are muted and it just doesn’t have that sparkle and vivid colors.

The next best time is late at night when the sky is very dark and the balloons are all lit up. This does present a challenge because the CM is usually moving or the balloons are moving in the breeze. For night time shots, you need a very fast shutter speed and reasonably high ISO. For Point & Shoot, it seems best to just have the camera on Auto, turn off the flash and get as close to them as you can so as much light as possible is in the frame.
    Here are some balloon shots for you to enjoy. We will start during the day and then head into night.
    These are from all different types of year, so the balloons may have different looks.

Here, the composition is great with the castle in the background but the balloons just don’t pop because they are in the shade. (pardon the pun)

However, the same compostion works well at night.

Tip: When shooting the balloons on a sunny day, keep an eye out for the shadows they create.

Sometimes just a single balloon can make a unique picture as well.

I grabbed this one last year while everyone was exiting the park. We were walking and so was the kid holding the balloon, which really bums me out because this would have been a great picture if it wasn’t a bit blurry.

So the next time you are in the parks, look for the things that make you happy and grab a shot. If they make you happy in the park, chances are it will make you happy in your screensaver.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2010

VOW WOW wow those are amazing.

• Minion

I will be at Disneyland for the next two days for the first Mice Chat Photo Meet.
    I won't be able to do a post tomorrow, but I will try for Thursday. I might not get one done, but I'll give it a shot.

If any of you will be at Disneyland in the next 2 days, just look for the big group of people carrying big cameras and huge camera bags on their backs.

• Minion

Re: The Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day...

11-18-10
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" is a simple one that became very evident to me yesterday. (today as I type this, yesterday as you read it)

One of the best ways to improve your Disneyland photographic skills and knowledge is to go to Disneyland with other photographers that have more knowledge and skill than you do. Today's Photo Meet was a lot of fun and extremely informative. I learned a lot from everyone there. Each of us had a different level and area of expertise that helped each other.

For today's photos, I give you a little tidbit of the time I spent with Disney Grandpa, who is in my opinion, the reigning King of Princess Photography. Seriously, the man is like a big game hunter. He sees those Princesses from a mile away, before anyone else does and is on them like a cat pouncing on its prey. If you've never spent any time on his Flickr page, you don't know what Princess Photography is. Flickr: Disney-Grandpa's Photostream

Here are some of the ones I took with him today.

The Cast Member working in Pixie Hollow was so lovely and sweet that I couldn't resist taking her picture as well.

So for the next Photo Meet, whenever it might be, I highly recommend you join us.

HAPPY SNAPPING!
    Michael Greening
    Last edited by Hot Sauce 1; 11-29-2010 at 05:53 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Gah! I can't BELIEVE how much I missed out on by not getting there until 4:30! Those shots are AMAZING, Hot Sauce! Wonderful expression and bokeh! It was great meeting you yesterday, along with the rest of the gang. Sorry again about the crew killing the Mark Twain lights as the fireworks began, even though it was parked for the night with no guests on board. I have no idea why they killed the lights, but I thought I would check around today to see if I can get an answer. Looking forward to round two today!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    11-18-10
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" is a simple one that became very evident to me yesterday. (today as I type this, yesterday as you read it)

One of the best ways to improve your Disneyland photographic skills and knowledge is to go to Disneyland with other photographers that have more knowledge and skill than you do. Today's Photo Meet was a lot of fun and extremely informative. I learned a lot from everyone there. Each of us had a different level and area of expertise that helped each other.

For today's photos, I give you a little tidbit of the time I spent with Disney Grandpa, who is in my opinion, the reigning King of Princess Photography. Seriously, the man is like a big game hunter. He sees those Princesses from a mile away, before anyone else does and is on them like a cat pouncing on its prey. If you've never spent any time on his Flickr page, you don't know what Princess Photography is. Flickr: Disney-Grandpa's Photostream

Here are some of the ones I took with him today.

The Cast Member working in Pixie Hollow was so lovely and sweet that I couldn't resist taking her picture as well.

So for the next Photo Meet, whenever it might be, I highly recommend you join us.

HAPPY SNAPPING!
    Michael Greening
    How funny I know that CM, she is dating one of my friends, very funny and sweet girl.

what a coincidence, I remember when we were in HS she would always say how she wanted to work at DLR.

• formerly very helpful

Nice that you got a picture of the attendant. They are always very nice and usually get overlooked.

It looks like somebody was having a good time with his new prime lens. Fantastic shots!
    - Bobd