Page 64 of 158 FirstFirst ... 143954616263646566677489114 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

And here's the pretty shot for today. This is a 5 exposure HDR processed in Photomatix, then merged with the single +/-0 exposure image in Photoshop Elements, then converted to black and white in Photoscape with some contrast enhancement and detail work as well. I took it alongside Corsair 13 and his son Seawolf 38 one morning when we went exploring Tom Sawyer Island.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Minion

haven't been on this thread in a while and been catching up for a while, great actually amazing pictures

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    haven't been on this thread in a while and been catching up for a while, great actually amazing pictures
    Thank you Michael. Now that I can't see how many views are for the thread, I don't know if anyone is actually reading it anymore. Sometimes it seems like I'm just writing to the air.

• Some imagination, huh?

Nooo. We are still reading!!! And even if you are writing to no one (WHICH ISN'T TRUE) it's still a constructive practice that I'm sure is helping you as a photographer

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

We are still here, rest assured, and always head over to check and see what is new. Commenting regularly is a simple thing but don't always remember to do such or organize thoughts for the words...so, thank you and do know there are still regulars for this thread.

I look! I read!

I just don't usually have anything other than "Cool!" to say, so I don't.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I make sure to keep current on this thread!

"The Disneyland Photo of the Day" is the first thing that I look for when I log-in. I really appreciate all the time and effort that you put into this thread by putting information, examples, links to video instruction plus your own video instruction, photo examples and your beautiful photography.

• The Fantasyland guy

please keep this thread going. To be honest... I always thought this should be a permeant thing on mice... age/chat.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post
    Nooo. We are still reading!!! And even if you are writing to no one (WHICH ISN'T TRUE) it's still a constructive practice that I'm sure is helping you as a photographer
    Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    We are still here, rest assured, and always head over to check and see what is new. Commenting regularly is a simple thing but don't always remember to do such or organize thoughts for the words...so, thank you and do know there are still regulars for this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I look! I read!

I just don't usually have anything other than "Cool!" to say, so I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginOnAStar View Post
    I make sure to keep current on this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Beach Girl View Post
    "The Disneyland Photo of the Day" is the first thing that I look for when I log-in. I really appreciate all the time and effort that you put into this thread by putting information, examples, links to video instruction plus your own video instruction, photo examples and your beautiful photography.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    please keep this thread going. To be honest... I always thought this should be a permeant thing on mice... age/chat.
    Thank you everyone. I used to keep track of how many views it got per day but now that we can't see that number, I never know if anyone is still reading it. I am hoping to do at least 100 more of them. I have no idea what they will be about (except a few of them) but I'll keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    And here's the pretty shot for today. This is a 5 exposure HDR processed in Photomatix, then merged with the single +/-0 exposure image in Photoshop Elements, then converted to black and white in Photoscape with some contrast enhancement and detail work as well. I took it alongside Corsair 13 and his son Seawolf 38 one morning when we went exploring Tom Sawyer Island.
    Love the texture and detail you pulled from the wood and love that you chose to do b&w, very nice. Great shot!
    “Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” –Walt Disney

• Minion

3-21-11
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” is all about Finding Your Own Photographic Voice.

Today’s tutorial came about because of a conversation between my wife and I about the different types of photography we do. When I first stepped up to a DSLR from my Point & Shoot I gave my wife the P&S in the hopes that she would share my enthusiasm for photography and that we could stroll around Disneyland taking pictures together. It worked for a short time but as I started getting better and better, she was taking less and less photos. Turned out, she felt that she couldn’t compete with all the HDR’s and specialty shots I was taking so she didn’t even want to try.

That was until she saw the amazing street photography of Vivian Meier. Once she saw those candid photos showing the raw human nature of the world around us she knew that was the type of photography she wanted to do. The underlying human emotion of what Disneyland is about and the tiny little moments that most people never see are what she wanted to capture.

To show you the enormous differences in what she sees and what I see, here are some examples that illustrate our different photographic voices and stories we like to tell.
    Here I am doing my normal thing, taking a wide angle HDR photo of Mickey’s Fun Wheel at sunset.

Here’s the photo that I took.

While I was doing this, here is what she saw and captured. A moment that I never knew happened because I was so focused on what I was doing and had my back to the rest of the world. I don't know about you, but I can look at this photo a lot longer and give it a lot more thought than I can mine. It tells one heck of a story that mine just doesn't have.

While all of us photo geeks were taking pictures of the Tiana Mardi Gras Celebration during the last Photo Meet, this is what she was photographing. I never saw any of this, nor would have noticed it even if it was right in front of me.

I hope this very quick discussion about finding your own voice, or style, or whatever you want to call it inspires you to see things in a way that sets you apart from anyone else and helps you create photographs that are distinctly yours.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2011
    For a complete directory and direct links to all of these posts, please click here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/140579-disneyland-photo-day-50.html#post1056358940

Finally got a chance to update the index today. It is fun to read back and see all the amazing lessons that are being taught in this thread.

Thanks again Michael

Still reading daily. Keep up the good work!

On a side note, I liked your wife's first photo better also. When I look at your fun wheel photo, I think about composition and I start to critique the capture. However, when I look at the photo of the three kids I pause and just enjoy the emotion conveyed by the picture.
    - Bobd

I think that if your wife had taken that shot at the photo meet, she would be a frontrunner in your competition! In my humble opinion, her picture goes a long way in telling Disneyland's story.
    - Bobd