Page 74 of 158 FirstFirst ... 244964717273747576778499124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2361

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Quote Originally Posted by SwinginOnAStar View Post
    Disney is not going to ban us for using tripods simply because there's more than 2 in the park. That is illogical. They understand that we want to take long exposures and have granted us that. Disney will start to reconsider only when we start CAUSING PROBLEMS with them. If we start tripping people, disrupt traffic flow, are rude to other guests and cast members/security, THAT is when we can start worrying.
    by that time, it could be too late. why wait till then to be careful? And even just 2 a night could be an issue. It could be the simple fact that security has to deal with tripods late at night during their sweeps. If that becomes a nightly issue, it can be a problem. And I do see more then 2 people in the park some nights with tripods. I see people walking around with their tripods fully extended down main street. All they need to do is wack a little kid in the head.

My rule of thumb is to never give them a chance to come up to me. If see them walking my way, I finish my shot and move. As I say, I don't want to be famous with them. don't make their job harder. just get out of their way so they can do their job and not care about you.

Also, remember that everything is checked before we enter the park. The people who have the super huge tripods and steady cam rigs essentially have permission to bring them in by the people who dig through our bags.
    I've told them that and they would say "we're not the bag checkers." I tell them it's on the web site, they say "we're not the web site". You've obviously haven't dealt with security who do not care about that.

Although I agree that we need to have a small footprint on our tripods and we need to be aware of our surroundings and mind our manners, your post is rife with logical fallacies, namely variations on appeal to probability. I'm willing to continue this but I won't respond to hypotheticals. Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will.

Sorry wrong thread......
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 04-28-2011 at 06:36 AM.

• Minion

Here's the "Pretty" photo for the day. Although, I'm not to sure on how "Pretty" it is simply because of the subject matter. This Thingamabob in Tomorrowland does provide something to look at but in my opinion looks more like a piece of space junk like a fallen satelite. As a pretty hardcore student of design and architecture, the whole concept of Modern Design is very clean and uncluttered sight lines. All that left over and unused stuff in Tomorrowland, such as this thingamabob and the PeopleMover Track only scream of the past and definitely not "Tomorrow". I wish they would either do something with them or get rid of them and clean up the visual sight lines. That's just my 2 cents.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Although I agree that we need to have a small footprint on our tripods and we need to be aware of our surroundings and mind our manners, your post is rife with logical fallacies, namely variations on appeal to probability. I'm willing to continue this but I won't respond to hypotheticals. Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will.
    hehe, you just responded.
    I'm basing it off of years of experience and past actions Disney has taken specifically against photographers. New Kids On The Block rule!!

Isn't micechat rife with hypotheticals? ex:rumors. This place must really bother you.

hehe... over intellectual verbiage is funny.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    nice vantage point. I played around with the cropping and thought it was kinda cool to crop the bottom of the image right under the base of the light bubbles on the roof of Tomorrowland Terrace as if they were the ground.

• Minion

4-29-11
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” is the first one I’ve ever done on Photoshop Plugins. The reason I’ve never done one before is because I didn’t really know what they were or what they did. I know for most of you that are fluent in Photoshop, you know all about them, but what can I say… sometimes I’m slow to the party.

For anyone unfamiliar with Plugins, A plugin is an add on program that provides additional image editing effects or performs tasks that are difficult or impossible to do in Photoshop. They can be opened within Photoshop and several other editing programs like Lightroom or Aperture. Some of them are completely free, where others may have a minimal cost.

I discovered a new one today that I wanted to share with you. It is called Virtual Photographer and is a free download from www.optikvervelabs.com.

Once installed, you simply open Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS5 and open an image then click on the Filter tab and it shows up at the bottom of that dropdown menu. For today’s examples, I chose this photo that I took the other morning through the gates before the park opened.

There are literally hundreds of options in this plugin, so I will only show you a few of them and then let you play with it on your own. Here is what it looks like when you open go to Filters and go to open the program.

That will bring up this main page menu. In the Main editor window, you can see the dropdown box for all the different options along with the Exposure Compensation slider below it. Some of the effects may darken an image or brighten it, so you can adjust that with the Exposure Compensation slider.

Here are just some of the choices in the dropdown menu. About half way down, you can see that half of the choices are for different Black & White photo effects.

I randomly chose Ambiance and it added a soft glow to the photo and saturated the colors a little bit. This would be great for shots where you want that kind of dreamy feel to it.

Also at the bottom of the editor window is a small box called Half. If you click on that box, it splits the image showing you the before and after of anything you do.

Down in the Black & White choices I clicked on Dramatic and it gave me this really cool and “Dramatic” effect, especially in the sky.

If you click on the Black & White selection in the main window, it also has an entirely different drop down menu of different effects.

The Color selection also has its own dropdown menu of different effects.

On the right side of the main page is another section called Style.

It is filled with several options and a dropdown menu that is mostly different color palettes and shading effects.

There is also a Film section that mimics the effects of using different ASA films and even adds noise and grain to the image like you would have with film.

Like I said, I’ll leave it up to you to play around with all the effects and see them for yourself. Here are a few of random effects I chose.
    This one gives it the warmer tones called Fall Colors.

I kind of like how this one called Improve Flash brightened it up and improved the color a bit.

This Black & White one is called Hollywood.

I can’t remember what this one is called, but I dig it.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at Photoshop Plugins and will spend some time exploring them on your own.

I downloaded a few other Plugins that I will share with you as soon as I learn what they do.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2011
    For a complete directory and direct links to all of these posts, please click here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/140579-disneyland-photo-day-50.html#post1056358940

• Cunning infiltrator

That is awesome. I should have researched the whole thread before putting up my own pictures....

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Some imagination, huh?

I literally said "Woooow" out loud when I saw what that program can do. Gonna install it right now!

That last B&W you posted is really cool. It really makes that sky look ominous. Can you take that sky and put with the haunted mansion? It would suit it really well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteS View Post
    That last B&W you posted is really cool. It really makes that sky look ominous. Can you take that sky and put with the haunted mansion? It would suit it really well.
    I like that idea! I'll have to take a look through my Mansion shots and see where I might be able to merge them together. Either that or I will go through my folder of sky photos (yes, I keep a folder of just Sky and stormy sky pictures just for merging with other things) and see if I can find some cool shots to play with. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Can't wait to see what you might come up with Mike. Oh and thought I would throw this back out there....we leave bright and early Monday morning for Disney. Any chance you will be there this next week?

Awesome!! I'm downloading it as we speak. And really, fantastic shot

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

I love the plugin! Thanks for the reference! And great shots as always.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    4-29-11
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” is the first one I’ve ever done on Photoshop Plugins. The reason I’ve never done one before is because I didn’t really know what they were or what they did. I know for most of you that are fluent in Photoshop, you know all about them, but what can I say… sometimes I’m slow to the party.

For anyone unfamiliar with Plugins, A plugin is an add on program that provides additional image editing effects or performs tasks that are difficult or impossible to do in Photoshop. They can be opened within Photoshop and several other editing programs like Lightroom or Aperture. Some of them are completely free, where others may have a minimal cost.
    Yeah, I used to use an app called Alien Skin back in the day when Photochoppery was a bit of a hobby for me. I'm grabbing this new app to see what kinda fun I can have with it.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.