Page 76 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2651667374757677787986101126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2361

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Wow- great shots of Fantasmic!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

What a hunk

Love that shirt Mike - where'd you get it?
    Died in 1720 ya know...

Checkout all my Disneyland photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5198394...7625048447449/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

It used to be in the emporium. It was part of set. I have the same one too. They were full of Walt's quotes. Others said "happiness is a state of mind" and "Why do we have to grow up". It's my favorite collection of shirts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    It used to be in the emporium. It was part of set. I have the same one too. They were full of Walt's quotes. Others said "happiness is a state of mind" and "Why do we have to grow up". It's my favorite collection of shirts.
    I have the "Why do we have to grow up?" too.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Minion

5-9-11
    Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” takes a look at The Importance of Seeing Eye to Eye.

I’ve said in previous posts that whenever you are photographing children, you should get down to their level and focus on the eyes. Today I wanted to expand that thought process a bit and apply it to any living creature. By getting down to its eye level, it gives a sense of equality of importance to that subject and makes them a stronger part of the photo. This applies to children, adults or even animals. (If photographing a group of subjects of different heights, pick a point somewhere in the middle of them all or at the eye level of whoever is the most important person in the frame.)

Here are some examples to illustrate my point.
    I took this photo of a mother duck and her ducklings while sitting on the ground. I was about a foot above eye level to the ducks, and as you can see, it’s nice but doesn’t make them stand out.

For this photo, I was lying down on the ground at eye level, giving them a greater sense of importance and it just makes a better photo.

Here are a few more examples. I was too high above the ducklings in this one.

Another one of a baby where I was lying flat on the ground. (it was the only way to get this shot.)

A great way to get candid photos of children is to sit in a chair or bench so you are at their eye level.

I do have a few exceptions to this rule that are just my own personal preferences. When I am taking pictures of Princesses or Characters, I like to get a little lower than eye level and look up at them. This makes them seem larger than life and gives the same view that a child would have, which to me, is what it’s all about.

So the next time you take a picture of anything that draws breath, try to see it eye to eye and give it the importance it deserves.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2011
    For a complete directory and direct links to all of these posts, please click here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/140579-disneyland-photo-day-50.html#post1056358940

• Some imagination, huh?

Another good common sense tip!

I've been waiting for those Fantasmic shots! Love them all

• Minion

Here's the "Pretty" shot for the day. This was another one where I processed it as a HDR but only liked the bottom half of the photo. I tried processing it as an Exposure Fusion but only liked the top of the photo so I layered them on top of each other and kept the parts I liked.

At the moment, I have no idea what a post for tomorrow might be and I'm really swamped at work, so I don't know when the next one will be. Hopefully some kind of inspiration will strike me soon.

I want to give a BIG thank you to Mike. Writing these helpful how to posts takes up a LOT of time and I for one have benefited from many of them. While at the parks this past week, I wanted to try my hand at photographing the dark rides he posted on a few days back. I read them over and thought in my head that I didn't need to write them down that I could remember them. When I got there, I couldn't remember much of it. So I did the best I could, which was a complete failure. As soon as I could get my hands on a computer, I went right to the posts he made and wrote down all the settings he suggested. It was like night and day with just how much of a difference those settings made. I don't think they were as good as some of the ones Mike or Bill or Gregg have posted over on Flickr, but it was such an improvement over the first attempt that I feel Mike deserves Kudos for all he puts into this thread. So, Thanks Mike.....it is very much appreciated!

• Some imagination, huh?

There's still my B&W post processing request...

I'm pretty impressed at how much work you've put into this already. Thank you for all of your tips and helpful info.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteS View Post
    I want to give a BIG thank you to Mike. Writing these helpful how to posts takes up a LOT of time and I for one have benefited from many of them. While at the parks this past week, I wanted to try my hand at photographing the dark rides he posted on a few days back. I read them over and thought in my head that I didn't need to write them down that I could remember them. When I got there, I couldn't remember much of it. So I did the best I could, which was a complete failure. As soon as I could get my hands on a computer, I went right to the posts he made and wrote down all the settings he suggested. It was like night and day with just how much of a difference those settings made. I don't think they were as good as some of the ones Mike or Bill or Gregg have posted over on Flickr, but it was such an improvement over the first attempt that I feel Mike deserves Kudos for all he puts into this thread. So, Thanks Mike.....it is very much appreciated!
    Thank you so much. I'm glad that I've helped, and it's nice to know that someone actually reads my continual dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post
    There's still my B&W post processing request...
    Funny you should mention that. I was thinking of doing that one next. It just takes time to do all the screen captures and think it all through. I keep planning on doing it but when I keep getting home at 2:00 am, my mind goes for ones that I know won't take as long.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I'm pretty impressed at how much work you've put into this already. Thank you for all of your tips and helpful info.
    Thank you too. I have several more planned out, but I need to get to Disneyland to shoot them properly and haven't had the chance to go for a while. My next trip won't be until the photo meet on the 26th. I'm totally Jonesing for it too.

Oh, I absolutely read this thread, every time there's a new post.

Last edited by CharlotteS; 05-10-2011 at 02:44 PM.

I would hardly call it dribble. I am sure your posts have helped more people than you may ever know.

I wanted to post a couple of images here that were taken with the settings you posted, but for the life of me, I can not get any images inserted in here. Can anyone share instructions on how to get them from flickr to post here? I would appreciate any help.