Page 81 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3156717879808182838491106131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2361

• Minion

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Actually Hot Sauces prints are always going to have the wrong colors and temps no matter where he goes. he's missing an essential step. I spent 30min writing about it but deleted it cause I didnt want to come of as hijacking someone else's "tips" thread.
    Please, please do share the info. This is all about learning and I will be the very first to admit that I have a LOT to learn.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Great shots of the ride! It really is on the bright (and dark) side.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

It was a lot of fun hanging out for the Photomeet.

For the Ltl Mermaid ride I set my Point & Shoot to -2/3 exp, and ASA 800. I had minor sucess (30-40% blurry : 10-20% usable.) I then shot video on the next ride. Then changed to ASA 1600 and about 70% were not too blurry (But with a lot of "noise").

ASA 800, Arial darkened, Background lightened 1 stop.

ASA 1600, no adjustments!

The Line for the Ltl Mermaid was 30-50 PEOPLE, the ride time was longer than the wait!

For the Parade I used an old film camera.

I like to take non-standard photos of people at the park, (Everyone has photos of cast members poising, the Partners Statue, etc.)
    This new parade photo violates several "rules", but has meaning to me.

I really appreciate getting to hang out with other Photo-geeks.
    Thank you Mike for a great day....

Jack
    (aka: Disneyland 1951)
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 06-01-2011 at 11:55 AM.

• Minion

Sorry I missing putting up a picture yesterday. We go so tied up here at work that I totally spaced it. I was also too busy to get a tutorial done, so hopefully I'll be able to get one up tomorrow.
    In the mean time, here's a couple of Pretties. (since I missed yesterday) I shot both of these last week after the Photo Meet when the last of us went over to the Disneyland Hotel to check out Trader Sams bar and relax with a drink.

• Mark

Hey i love this post but i would love to hear some tips for moving rides such as the jungle cruise and dark shows like aladdin with moving actors. Also we really should put all these in a pdf for people to download as i could have it on my ipad. That would be neat-o !
    Last edited by markelim; 06-04-2011 at 02:10 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post
    Nooooo share the weaaaalth. Or make your own thread but I want to know o_o
    I would start my own thread so I can have a focul point if people have questions, but I am sure Mods would move it since it's not "Disneyland Resort" topic

I'm surprised nobody from the Mice Chat flickr gang is not helping you out with this. What's up with that? If they still don't, I'll try to sneak it into my usual blog post.

Back to work

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Mike - Your post of the parade and the new Ariel ride are just spectacular. REALLY nice job on those! Keep up the good work!

• Minion

here a photo of the day of sleeping beuity

IMG_6854 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Minion

6-6-11

Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” finds a laughing place with a little log ride through Splash Mountain.

I was fortunate last week to catch the opening day of Splash Mountain after its lengthy refurb. I hadn’t ridden Splash Mountain in several years and was dying to see how good it looked all shiny and new. I was also really excited to see if I could photograph it and not ruin my camera.

As I usually do when photographing a dark ride, I asked for the front seat, knowing that I would get completely soaked. (just another way that I sacrifice myself for all of you.) I did bring a poncho that I draped over my lap so I could put the camera underneath it when in danger of getting wet.

I used my 50mm F/1.4. Set the Aperture to F/1.4, ISO to 3200, Exposure Compensation to -1, Continuous Shooting, AI Servo, White Balance on Auto and Spot Metering. Like an excited little kid, I forgot to select the single center auto focus point, which would have made things much easier.

When going through the queue, there are lots of interesting things to photograph.

The first part of the ride is mostly outdoors, so if you plan on taking any photos there, you need to turn the ISO back to Auto.

Then comes the darkness.

I wanted to take pictures going down the falls, so as we headed up the lift I turned the ISO down to 100 because of the bright sunlight awaiting me.

Right after I took the previous shot, I shoved my camera under the poncho just in time to keep it from getting wet.Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky. I was staring at a 6 foot wall of water. In that fraction of a second before I got soaked, two thoughts ran through my mind. “I’m so screwed” and “Damn, this would make a great photo”.

Even though the next part of the ride is still a dark ride, it has a lot more light than the previous part so I set the ISO to1600 and that worked out fine.

Now I want to face the challenge of getting a photo of the wall of water right before it crashes down on me so one of these days Iwill get a waterproof case for my point and shoot camera and give that a shot.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2011
    For a complete directory and direct links to all of these posts, please click here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/140579-disneyland-photo-day-50.html#post1056358940
    Last edited by Hot Sauce 1; 11-30-2011 at 01:18 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

I tried getting that wall of water at night. This was my first attempt. But I'll be back.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

This is why I said I would sit in the back, LOL. But great shots, though, and worth getting wet. I learned a couple of years ago that if the heavier guy sits in the front, the log gets a bit nose heavy and digs into that spray a bit more, creating a tidal wave over whoever is up there. If it's a couple of kids, they usually get wet, but not drenched. If it's someone like me, they'll get completely soaked. I still want that night shot of the park with the moon rising over the Rivers Of America from the top of that plume. Someday, when I have ISO six million, I'll be back to try it again.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Please, please do share the info. This is all about learning and I will be the very first to admit that I have a LOT to learn.

How to print properly:

So simply put, you need to calibrate your monitor and use printer and paper profiles. Oh that sounds simple but its not, the first time around. So lets start with monitor calibration. If anything, do this. Every monitor looks different. So how the heck do you think your printer knows what your eyes are seeing on the screen? They don't. Printers don't have eyeballs. At least not yet. And also, how do you expect a printing service to see what you see and get their printers to get it right? Yeah... Another headache I'll touch on later. So first, you'll need a monitor calibrator. I personally use an X-Rite i1. They just came out with a new one , but the old one is good too.

There are 3 other popular ones that I have tried personally and think they are crap compared to the i1. Those are Spyder by Datacolor, ColorMunk, and Pantone Huey

What Monitor Calibrators do is go on top of your monitor and the software will display different colors and the device will see this and will tell if you screen colors are literally too warm or too cool and if certain color channels are off. Also it tests blacks and whites and fixes your contrast.

looks like my mouse is making out with my monitor

So once your screen is set correctly, then you will be seeing what you should be seeing on screen. Proper colors. Oh, and be sure to re-calibrate at least every 2 months. Monitors are like kids. They forget stuff and go off and do what ever they want.

So getting your monitor in shape is the biggest improvement of all. But you can take it further. I will use my gear for this example. I use an Epson 3800 large format printer and I print thru Adobe Lightroom.

This is not my desk. Thank you Google Images

In Lightroom, under Color Management, is where I would select a profile specific to my printer and paper.

Since I use an Epson printer and Epson paper, I use a profile Epson provides me with. I personally use Epson Exhibition Fiber. So there is a Epson profile for that specific paper and my specific printer that I plug into the color management section in light room. So now my monitor displays accurate colors and Lightroom know what my pinter and paper looks like, sorta. See, paper itself, has different results too. So for example, if I buy a high quality paper that is not Epson, that company will provide me with profiles for their paper. So, what do you do if you dont have printer or paper profiles? You can make them yourself. But then you need to buy a Printer Calibrator. What you do is print out a sheet of colors on the printer and paper you plan to use and a Printer Calibrator will scan those color swatches and then generate a profile for your printer and paper and then Lightroom, or what ever editing app you use, will know what your printer output looks like and everything will be accurate.

Now if your using a printing service, and respectable one will send you profiles for their printers.

Hope this helps some.

• Avid Photographer!

For printing, I HIGHLY suggest prints at costco. It turns out much cheaper than having to buy & supply ink to a printer, and Costco has color profiles online for their printers. Essentially, you finish the image, and export it with the Costco Printer's color profile as a JPEG. You then submit it online, specifying that they don't mess with your image, and that you want it printed on a specific printer.

One of these days I'll look into color calibration on my monitor, but my Dell UltraSharp monitor is pretty dang close as is.

For Reference: Costco's Printer Color Profiles: Digital photo lab profiles

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    How to print properly:

So simply put, you need to calibrate your monitor and use printer and paper profiles. Oh that sounds simple but its not, the first time around. So lets start with monitor calibration. If anything, do this. Every monitor looks different. So how the heck do you think your printer knows what your eyes are seeing on the screen? They don't. Printers don't have eyeballs. At least not yet. And also, how do you expect a printing service to see what you see and get their printers to get it right? Yeah... Another headache I'll touch on later. So first, you'll need a monitor calibrator. I personally use an X-Rite i1. They just came out with a new one , but the old one is good too.

There are 3 other popular ones that I have tried personally and think they are crap compared to the i1. Those are Spyder by Datacolor, ColorMunk, and Pantone Huey

What Monitor Calibrators do is go on top of your monitor and the software will display different colors and the device will see this and will tell if you screen colors are literally too warm or too cool and if certain color channels are off. Also it tests blacks and whites and fixes your contrast.

looks like my mouse is making out with my monitor

So once your screen is set correctly, then you will be seeing what you should be seeing on screen. Proper colors. Oh, and be sure to re-calibrate at least every 2 months. Monitors are like kids. They forget stuff and go off and do what ever they want.

So getting your monitor in shape is the biggest improvement of all. But you can take it further. I will use my gear for this example. I use an Epson 3800 large format printer and I print thru Adobe Lightroom.

This is not my desk. Thank you Google Images

In Lightroom, under Color Management, is where I would select a profile specific to my printer and paper.

Since I use an Epson printer and Epson paper, I use a profile Epson provides me with. I personally use Epson Exhibition Fiber. So there is a Epson profile for that specific paper and my specific printer that I plug into the color management section in light room. So now my monitor displays accurate colors and Lightroom know what my pinter and paper looks like, sorta. See, paper itself, has different results too. So for example, if I buy a high quality paper that is not Epson, that company will provide me with profiles for their paper. So, what do you do if you dont have printer or paper profiles? You can make them yourself. But then you need to buy a Printer Calibrator. What you do is print out a sheet of colors on the printer and paper you plan to use and a Printer Calibrator will scan those color swatches and then generate a profile for your printer and paper and then Lightroom, or what ever editing app you use, will know what your printer output looks like and everything will be accurate.

Now if your using a printing service, and respectable one will send you profiles for their printers.

Hope this helps some.
    Thanks SOOOOO MUCH for taking the time to do this. It really does help. It's funny that just two days ago I was listening to the Typical Shutterbug podcast and it was all about monitor calibration. They discussed all of those calibration tools you mentioned. "

I have calibrated my monitor using the pretty weak Photoshop tool. What I print out on my printer is actually pretty darn close to what I see on the monitor. The funny thing is that I have a HP Photosmart printer that takes 3 cartridges for "accurate" photo printing and the printer won't take high quality photo paper. It jams every single time I put any kind of heavy duty paper in it. (PIECE OF !##$#@!@)

That is an EXCELLENT tip about finding out the printer profile of the company printing it for me. I would never have considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by MistrWebmastr View Post
    For printing, I HIGHLY suggest prints at costco. It turns out much cheaper than having to buy & supply ink to a printer, and Costco has color profiles online for their printers. Essentially, you finish the image, and export it with the Costco Printer's color profile as a JPEG. You then submit it online, specifying that they don't mess with your image, and that you want it printed on a specific printer.

One of these days I'll look into color calibration on my monitor, but my Dell UltraSharp monitor is pretty dang close as is.

I originally wanted to have this photo printed at Costco as one of their Gallery Wraps but they can't take a file size this large and cannot do the size that I want. The closest they will do is 16 x 48 which cuts off way too much of my sky and looks all wrong.

The company working on it (and really struggling with it) right now is doing it as a 30 x 60. They have been having all kinds of trouble getting the colors right so I had them come to my office and see it on my monitor and I gave them a print of it from my printer that was accurate to what I wanted, so we'll see how they do. If they can't get it right, I am thinking of having it printed on an aluminum sheet. Supposedly those look really cool.

On a brighter note, a person was in my office today and saw the one that Easy Canvas Prints did sitting on the floor and loved it. He offered to buy it from me for the $100.00 that it cost me. At least I won't have to look at it any more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MistrWebmastr View Post

I would not recommend JPEGS at any stage. It converts your image from 16bit to 8bit. There is no way around it. JPEG do not support 16bit at all. You need to keep it as a TIFF for 16bit. I don't know why you'd want to throw away all those extra color channels. Also JPEGS degrade the image after every save.