Page 87 of 157 FirstFirst ... 37778485868788899097137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2355

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Curious.. on a number of those photos of the flag ceremony.. there is a good bit of vignetting. Is that from your lens or spotlighting you added?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Curious.. on a number of those photos of the flag ceremony.. there is a good bit of vignetting. Is that from your lens or spotlighting you added?
    Those are generally me putting the vignette on it. I use it as a way to keep the viewers eye where I want it to be and not distracted by things on the edges.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Those are generally me putting the vignette on it. I use it as a way to keep the viewers eye where I want it to be and not distracted by things on the edges.
    yeah, I notice the 'art' in your photos vs a lot of people who are just trying to capture things. You seem to approach it with the art angle that the real photo (vs disney) people are are into. So composition, color, etc. I always enjoyed your stuff - thanks for posting those 'how I got there' posts too.. very interesting reads!

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    yeah, I notice the 'art' in your photos vs a lot of people who are just trying to capture things. You seem to approach it with the art angle that the real photo (vs disney) people are are into. So composition, color, etc. I always enjoyed your stuff - thanks for posting those 'how I got there' posts too.. very interesting reads!
    Very kind of you to say. Thank you!

• Minion

7-12-11

Today’s “Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day” isn’t much of a photography tip as much as it is an equipment tip. I thought I would share with you one of my vital pieces of equipment and one of my new ones that I am really delighted with.

The first one is this simple Lens Cap Keeper by Dynex. I get them at Best Buy for around $4.00. It is an elastic band that goes around your lens with an elastic string attached to an adhesive backed button that sticks to your lens cap. I have one of them on every one of my lenses and LOVE them. With this on, I never have to wonder where I put my lens cap or never worry about losing it. It is always 6 inches away from the lens and right where I need it.

The next new toy is one I just picked up last week at REI (Best Buy doesn’t keep them in stock) and it is the Joby Gorilla Pod for DSLR cameras. I spent the extra money and got the one with a Gimbal Head and bubble level for $80.00. At first I wasn’t sure how I was going to like it but after seeing how easy the gimbal head moves around and how easy it is to use, I am really, really happy with this and am glad I spent the money on it. The Gimbal Head it comes with actually fits on my regular LARGE tripod, is more maneuverable and weighs about 2 pounds less. With Disneyland becoming less and less tripod friendly, I will be carrying this one in my pocket from now on. In fact, if I am not specifically photographing fireworks, I won’t even bring my regular tripod with me anymore. Yes it is much smaller and I can’t just stand it up at eye level wherever I want to but those small limitations actually make me more creative with my point of view and shooting angles. I wasn’t sure how it would work attaching to a railing, so I tried it out at Paradise Pier and then used it when I shot the World of Color Show.

It is also nice that I don’t have to try and hold really still while running a bracket of exposures in some odd position.

Now, I can just set it up like this and use a remote so my shots will line up properly.

My wife Diane has also wanted to try doing some bracketed exposures with our old P&S camera so I got her the small one for Point & Shoot cameras. It was $22.00 at REI too. She was able to secure it to a railing and manually change the exposure compensation to create a 5 exposure bracket and it worked perfectly.

Before I decided to purchase a Gorilla Pod, I read several reviews and was a little worried because only about 70% of the reviews were favorable. I have to say, that I am more than impressed at how easy it is to use and how solid and stable it really is. I highly, highly recommend it.

Happy Snapping
    © Michael Greening 2011
    For a complete directory and direct links to all ofthese posts, please click here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/140579-disneyland-photo-day-50.html#post1056358940

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

I love my GorillaPod. I've had it for about 2 years now and still find uses for it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I love my GorillaPod. I've had it for about 2 years now and still find uses for it.
    I remember seeing you using yours, which is what inspired me to get one.

• Daughter of a DL worker

Wow, I just went through all 87 pages of this and saved ur pics to my computer, cuz they're so pretty and awesome! It took me about 4 hours to get through all 1297 comments. I did not read them, i just got the pics. Can u please not have your name on every picture you take? It would be copyright if i put them on a video on a different website. Thank you for inspiration, because i love photography. i like to do it myself. The plush mickey is so cute!

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    Can u please not have your name on every picture you take? It would be copyright if i put them on a video on a different website
    Uhh.. that's why it's there in the first place. So people don't use them without permission or credit. The watermark isn't what makes the image copyrighted.. it's already is as soon as they took the picture. You shouldn't be using other people's works without their permission outside of simple fair use regardless if they have a watermark on them. I'm sure if you contacted the owners and asked them, they would provide copies if they wish to participate with you.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Some imagination, huh?

The lens cap keeper is indeed an awesome device. After losing my lens cap at BTMRR, I bought two of these and they are awesome Although they make a lot of noise when your lens cap is swinging in the wind.

• Minion

I have to apologize "again" for being behind on doing tutorials. For the next few months I will have to cut it down to 2 per week. I hope to have them up on Tuesdays and Fridays. For some reason that I can't figure out (and am happy about) we are insanely busy here at work. It seems like the world just can't get along without our hot sauce right now.

I have lots of new tutorails planned out but most of them are the type that take a lot of time to execute at Disneyland so I can only get one or two of them done during the time that I am there, and that time is sadly becoming less and less. For that reason I will be filling in with more of the post processing techniques inbetween the "Photography" techniques.

Also: Please keep in mind that I am thinking about the next official Mice Chat Photo Meet for Friday, September 23rd. We should have lots of Halloween stuff to photograph and fireworks that night so it should be a fun day for it. I also have a very fun and interesting photo contest planned for it.

Here's the "Pretty" Picture for today. A lot of people don't seem to get it at first because it is somewhat vague and artistic but that was my vision for it. I liked the curving line of the monorail track overhead but in color it seemed pretty boring. As a black & white and with the monorial blurred in the distance it just had an entirely different feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    I am thinking about planning the next Mice Chat Photo Meet for Friday, September 23rd. We should have some Halloween activities going on by that time as well as fireworks that night.

How does this date sound to anyone interested???
    Sounds promising.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Cannot tell you how much I love your photography. It's photographers like you that inspired me to finally make a mice chat account so that I could just tell you how truly remarkable your pictures are! Please keep up the good work!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    Can u please not have your name on every picture you take? It would be copyright if i put them on a video on a different website.
    Really?

• really is a small world

Wink Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Wow it doesn't look like the monorail at all. I mean I know it is but wow
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney