Page 96 of 158 FirstFirst ... 46718693949596979899106121146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2361

Re: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...

Thanks for the depth of field demo! I've never had that kind of side-by-side series before and it's interesting to see.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

It's Wednesday which means (only to me) that it's World of Color Wednesday where I post photos of the World of Color. This one is taken a little before the show. I call it Reflections of Paradise.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

That is a beautiful photo! I just got a new camera, and I can't wait to start putting it to the test in Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLizzy View Post
    That is a beautiful photo! I just got a new camera, and I can't wait to start putting it to the test in Disneyland.
    We are having a Photo Meet this Friday if you want to join a bunch of other Disney Photographer junkies.....

• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    We are having a Photo Meet this Friday if you want to join a bunch of other Disney Photographer junkies.....
    Tempting, very tempting... : )

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    How late will you be in the park? There is a good chance I'll be there for the last 2 hours. I have a broken foot so I can't spend the day with you guys cause I limp, but broken bones don't keep me from the park either. I'll be on the look out if your there late, tho

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    How late will you be in the park? There is a good chance I'll be there for the last 2 hours. I have a broken foot so I can't spend the day with you guys cause I limp, but broken bones don't keep me from the park either. I'll be on the look out if your there late, tho
    It would be great to finally meet you, OP. I should be there as well. We'll keep an eye out for you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    It would be great to finally meet you, OP. I should be there as well. We'll keep an eye out for you.
    I have to leave after the 10:30 Fantasmic but I'm sure several people will be staying till closing, or until they get kicked out.

Here's the "Pretty" for today, from the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Oddly enough, this doesn't have much post processing at all. Just a little noise reduction, sharpening and a crop. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good I guess.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I just found out I'll definitely be there at closing. So if you see a guy limping with a DSLR, thats me. haha... I'll be on the look out too

---------- Post added 09-22-2011 at 01:49 PM ----------

I know this shot all too well and I must say you nailed this perfectly its not even funny. Very impressive.

• Minion

9-23-11
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" is inspired by some chatting back and forth I did last week with KEBSD about the free editing program Photoscape. I've shown quite a bit about this program in past tutorials but there are a few somewhat Hidden Actions in Photoscape that can make things much faster and easier to work with.

I'm going to start by opening this photo of a performer in Mickey's Soundsational Parade in Photoscape.

One of the main hidden actions is in the Vignetting tool in the Filter section. Overall, I'm really happy with this photo but there are some areas around the edges that are a bit bright. An easy way to fix that would be by adding a simple vignette to it. If we go into the Filter menu and hold the curser over Vignetting, you see there are 10 choices to choose from. Due to my experience with this program, I know which choices I like to make, usually #2.

But what if I don't know what those 10 different choices look like. I would have to click on each one, see what it does, then click Undo and do it again. Here I clicked on #1 to see how it would look.

However, there is a little trick you can do to see all the choices and have greater control over them. Simply click on the Filter pop out and go to Vignetting and then click on the word Vignetting above the 10 choices.

Doing so will bring up this window that shows you what all the choices look like.

All you have to do is click on the style you like and then you can also control the strength of that style and if you want, you can click on White for a white vignette. As it says, you can also click on several of them to custom make the vignette the way you want to. For this, I chose #1 and clicked on White because a white vignette is more appropriate for this photo. Using a white vignette covers up the over exposed areas and makes it all look the same.

This is just to show you what it looks like if you stack several styles and crank it up to 200%.

My personal choice is to stack #1 and #2 and drop the level down to 50%.

Now it looks like this.

There are a few other tools in the Filter menu that operate the same way. The Film Effect is one of them.

If you click on the words Film effect above the choices, it brings up this small window. Once in this window, you can click on each choice and it immediately applies it to the photo and you can go up and down the list and see what each one does.

The same goes for the Antique Photo menu.

That will bring up this menu where you can click on each option, see what it does and choose between having it in Black & White, Sepia or in Color.

Hopefully these little tips will not only speed up your post processing but make it more fun as well.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I just found out I'll definitely be there at closing. So if you see a guy limping with a DSLR, thats me. haha... I'll be on the look out too
    I'm going to try to hang in there until closing, but I'm working on about 4 hours of sleep last night and I have an early morning and a full day on Saturday. I might weenie out after the Fireworks, but I'll go my best to keep going if I can. If you see someone asleep on a bench with a Nikon around his neck, that would be me.

As with most of your photo tips, I usually find something extra that clicks with me. This time I hit the brakes when I read "I'm really happy with this photo but there are some areas around the edges that are a bit bright" and went back to the picture to check it out. It sure does, but by myself I wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

Would you be willing to dedicate a Tip of the Day to analize photos and describe what (to your eyes, I realize this is somehow subjective) is wrong?

Rico

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by desertgroomer View Post
    As with most of your photo tips, I usually find something extra that clicks with me. This time I hit the brakes when I read "I'm really happy with this photo but there are some areas around the edges that are a bit bright" and went back to the picture to check it out. It sure does, but by myself I wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

Would you be willing to dedicate a Tip of the Day to analize photos and describe what (to your eyes, I realize this is somehow subjective) is wrong?

Rico
    I'd be happy to do a critique and suggestions for some photos. Like you said though, it's all subjective.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the Photo Meet yesterday it was a lot of fun. I'm so sorry for anyone who could not find us. The day got off to a bit of a late start.

I'll be starting a thread on Monday for the Photo Meet Photo Contest. Once everyone has submitted their photos, we can start the contest judging.

I missed putting up a "Pretty" for today, so here's one that I have to thank Tom Bricker for. I read his new E-Book "How to Photograph Fireworks" and decided to give it a shot last Saturday night. Even though I already do most of what it says, I can honestly say that it did give me a much sharper focus on what I was doing and how to do it. It also helped in the post processing end as well. This photo is a 36 second exposure, which is a really long exposure for fireworks in Disneyland because of our limited sky space to launch them in. Surprisingly enough, this is almost as it came out of the camera. All I have done is a little cropping and increased the fill light in the foreground. The fireworks themselves didn't really need any help.

• Minion

9-27-11
    Today's "Disneyland Photo Tip of the Day" might seem to be a bit strange for a tip on Photography but once you see it, I think you will understand. Today's photo tip is to Watch Artistic Movies.

I recently heard an interview with Robert Redford and he said that he likes to frame his movies in such a way that each shot is a work of art. Since making a movie is basically the stringing together of a whole bunch of photographs, this makes sense. The Cinematographer is responsible for the artistic look of the images.

There is one film in particular that I wanted to point out to you. I've watched it several times lately and I can't stop thinking about it. The movie is called "The Fall". As a film itself, it's actually kind of boring. However, it is filled with such striking imagery that you can't help but pause it over and over again to gawk at the incredible cinematography of it. You literally want to take each frame and hang it on the wall. The reason I mention this film in particular is because of the composition of so many scenes and how they relate to photography.

I did a few screen captures to show you what I mean. The quality of them is pretty poor but you will get the gist of it. In this image, take a look at how the heroes are positioned in the scene.

This one is an excellent example of bold, contrasting colors.

Take a look at the use of negative space in this one and how the people are so small. I love this frame.

Wonderful composition on these as well.

This shot is where a mans face fades into the rocks on the side of a mountain.

Here is a link to the official trailer for the film. If you are interested in photography and have a desire to create striking images, I can't recommend this film enough.
    The Fall Trailer (U.S. trailer: The Fall) - IMDb

Even watching the trailer makes me want to see the movie again. I hope you think so too.

• Minion

In keeping with all the black and white photos we are posting for the photo contest, I thought I'd run with that for the "pretty" for the day. Normally I would do a bunch of noise reduction on this to get rid of the graininess in it but for this image, I thought it made the shot a little grittier and darker. Thoughts?