• Future Cast Member

First Summer 2010 Trip Report

On Sunday, my grandma, two little brothers, friend, and I went to Disneyland. It was pretty last minute, we were considering Legoland or Disneyland, and decided on Disneyland that morning. My brothers' and grandma's passes recently expired, however, so they'd have to buy new ones. Instead, we decided to use some Cast Member tickets we had that expire at the end of the year, so my best friend, Sydney, could come with us, too. We picked her up and left at about 9:30 and got into Disneyland by 10.

All of us were really excited, because my brothers and I hadn't been to Disneyland in about two months, and Sydney's Annual Passport expired a year or two ago, so she only goes every year for her birthday in January.

We headed to Tomorrowland first, so Sydney and I went to Space Mountain since there was only a 25 minute wait, while everyone else went to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. We were both shocked that the lines were so short since it was a Saturday in the middle of summer a few hours after opening.

After Space Mountain, Sydney and I went to Matterhorn Bobsleds. Then we went to Autopia because everyone else was already at the front of the line. It was already around noon, so we decided to go get lunch. I really wanted a corn dog from Main Street, so Sydney and I went to get one while my brothers and grandma got food from Tomorrowland Terrace.

We finished eating and decided to head to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Mark Twain was about to leave, so we ran onto it so we could see the refurbishment.

Too bad Disneyland doesn't still have Keel Boats, beside the prop near the cabin.

The dog Audio-Animatronic seemed a lot better than the old one.

The live ponies weren't out when we went

I'd never seen a picture of the eagle nest before. I couldn't find the log with the skunk and raccoons, though. Does anyone know where they are and what side of the boat they're at?

These look shinier in pictures than in person, but they do seem to be some of the least realistic additions.

We went on Big Thunder Mountain and then Pirates of the Caribbean. On Pirates, we sat in the back row, and there was a big puddle of water on the seats from the drops. We were sitting on the edge of the seat, but on the drops, the water moved to the front. It was pretty funny but really uncomfortable when we had to walk around wet the rest of the day. =P

We went to Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin next. It was probably the longest line of the day, but Sydney had never been on it or seen the movie, so we had to go.

My grandma had gotten FastPasses for one of my brothers, Sydney, and me to ride Indiana Jones, so we headed back toward Adventureland.

They had a live bird in the cage. The last time I saw a live one in it was when Jungle Cruise opened after the piranhas were added.

We went to California Adventure to go on Toy Story Mania because we hadn't seen the new game. The line was really long, though, so we decided to go see MuppetVision 3D while my youngest brother was sleeping. He's afraid of MuppetVision and It's Tough to Be a Bug.

It was about six already so we had to leave. I didn't want to go, but I had a lot of fun and was glad we got to go to Disneyland!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Re: First Summer 2010 Trip Report

Great trip report with lots of great shots!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great report! Glad you guys had a good time!

I saw the live bird at Jungle a couple of years ago... but then the time after that it was gone. They must not have it there all the time. Maybe it belongs to one of the CM's and they bring it to work with them.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Wonderful shots! Hope you all had fun!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great report!!

Nice Trip Report !!!!
    Disneycool

• Whip cracker

Great trip report and pictures!