• Koubu Pilot

Koutesu's 2010 Trip!

I'm coming back!! Tomorrow, Saturday, July 17th, yes, as in Disneyland's 55th birthday, my family and I are coming back to Anaheim for our 2010 trip!

Our hotel will be the Peacock @ Manchester/Anaheim Blvd. Since we have a big family, we'll have 2 rooms (a standard room is like a mini-suite). Of course I'll be there, along with my parents, brother, sister, brother in law, 3 neices, and 1 nephew.

We plan to leave my parents' house in Mesa, Az in the morning. We should get to Blythe around lunch time. We'll be going in my parents' Impala and my Honda Civic, so my gas bill should still be cheap, even in California! We should be in Anaheim around 4 or 5pm.

We are taking advantage of Disneyland's ticket sale this year. It's the same as last summer's deal, which is "Buy 3 Days Get 2 Days Free". So we got 5 day tickets for the price of the 3 day tickets.

I'm excited to be back. My parents have been taking us kids to Disneyland since I was very small. I'm now 29.

Watch this thread for photos. I'll probably upload a few after returning from the parks at night. After I return home, slideshows should go into production!

Re: Koutesu's 2010 Trip!

awww man, have a lot of fun Koutesu. I was supposed to go but I had to postpone my trip. I'm sorry I'll miss all the fun! Great Tuxedo Kamen Picture by the way . I'll be lookin forward to everyone's Birthday Pictures for Disneyland!

• Koubu Pilot

So here's my day so far:

We left my parents' house at 9:30 this morning. While coming through the west side of Arizona, the warning light for low tire pressure came on. My car is a 2009 Honda Civic and tires seem to be in great shape. We made it into Blythe around 11:45 and stop at the Burger King on Lovekin since there's also a Taco Bell next to it. After gassing up, I add air to the one tire that measured low. Actually, it didn't measure at all. It was flat!! I fill it up to the right pressure

On the way toward Desert Center, the light comes on again saying the pressure is low. After a nerve racking drive into Chiriaco Summit, we at least reach the Chevron there to buy a can of Fix a Flat. I follow the instructions and pull up to the air compressor. The compressor isn't working right because it wasn't giving the tire any air. So we drive on toward Coachella since it's at the bottom of the 10 mile long grade. Still nervous, we did pull over just to see if the tire was flat again and luckily it wasn't. We pulled into Chevron in Coachella, added air to the tire with success, and the tire has been ok since. I'll have to have this tire replaced, so I may have to do that this week. I just have to find the number Honda gave me when I bought the car last year. We lost 2 hours because of the leaking tire!

We had some KFC from the KFC on Ball Rd/Anaheim Blvd. The guy working the register was slow and he was sometimes hard to understand. But at lease our whole family had a cheap meal that was filling.

The rest of the evening will be a TV filled evening relaxing in our room. Might make a 7 Eleven run for some goodies...

• Koubu Pilot

I'm so tired, I'll type tomorrow. Let's open the 2010 photos with pics of my nieces in Mulan and Aurora dresses.

• Koubu Pilot

Today is a day off from the parks. We're all tired and yesterday was just day 1 of 5.

Since my dad has a handicap placard, we drove to Mickey and Friends and parked in Chip 'n Dale. We got to the parks around 9:30. Probably due in no smart to the Showpass system for World of Color, DCA had long entry lines as people waited for the park to open.

We spent our entire first day at Disneyland. It felt great to be back. Of course our first rides of the day were Pirates and Haunted Mansion. My nieces loved Pirates and they liked Haunted Mansion. They wanted to do Pirates multiple times that night.

It's been hot. While temps at home are in the high 100s to 110s, the 90s were a welcome relief, though still, I felt the California sun (is it Cal-sun?) was sealing in my own juices like a BBQ pit. As much water as I drink in a normal day, I felt I stopped at every drinking fountain!

We had lunch at Rancho del Zocalo. The best part is the free refills of Coke.

After lunch, we watched Captain EO. The reports on Micechat are no exaggeration. The Magic Eye Theater has been hosting more people with Captain EO's return than when HISTA was still haunting the theater.

Over in Fantasyland, the Carrousel was down in the afternoon. They had no audio. Come to think of it, Dumbo was still operating though I didn't hear any music coming from it.

We left Disneyland around 9:30. We were all tired. The trams to Mickey and Friends weren't busy since everyone was occupied by World of Color and Magical and Fantasmic.

I was a little nervous about my tire again since the tire pressure light came on when we left our hotel. Luckily the tire didn't look flat. I just drove straight to the hotel.

For dinner, we ordered some pizza for delivery. I think it's called Tasty Pizza or something like that. It's over on Chapman. We got 2 XL pizzas and a large anitpasto salad and only spent $25. The pizza was pretty good.

The plan today is to get my bad tire replaced. It will take 381 miles to get home on Saturday. I have to go through Goodyear since the tires are original from when I bought the car last year. Looks like the closest one is just off Harbor Blvd and Orangethorpe. I will feel a lot less stress once I get it done.

• Minion

Great Trip report so far

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Chip and Dale View Post
    Great Trip report so far
    One piece of good news is my flat getting repaired!

• Minion

great TR!

• Whip cracker

Great trip report so far!
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

• Koubu Pilot

I almost forgot. In case you're interested in seeing the previous 3 trips (Oct 2008, Summer 2009, and Christmas 2009), slideshows are up on my YouTube Channel. Just browse the playlists and you're good to go.

YouTube - koutesu's Channel

• Koubu Pilot

Another day at the Disneyland Resort!

Today we went to Disney California Adventure park. We didn't do World of Color and I'm not sure if we will, but no matter what, we WILL have fun!

Our first attraction of the day is Monster's Inc. My nieces are absolutely in love with that movie. We saw Muppetvision 3D. Of course we did Soarin' and GRR via Fastpass. I noticed you don't even Fastpass for GRR in the evening. We went through Golden State on our way out and GRR had a 5 minute Stand by.

I felt tired, so I did sit on my duff in the shade and enjoyed the cool rest. Bug's Land has some great shade as did Pizza Oom Mow Mow.

Looks like we're going start our day with Pirates tomorrow!

And, in case you're wondering what I look like:

It's strange to think of how fat I was this exact same time last year! I don't know if all the water I drink or how I eat yogurt everyday, but I lost weight fast! Went from a 36 waist down to a 34 waist. Must have dropped at least 20 lbs. I lost weight and didn't have to give up my favorite foodstuffs like burgers, pizza, chocolate, or soda!

Also, I apologize for a few things: Our family ate lunch at Rancho del Zocalo, which means Thunder Mountain went 101. Our 10 member family went to Panda Express on Orangethorpe for dinner and it caused line to back up that the line reached the door Monday evening. Also on Monday night, me and my parents went on an ice cream run to Baskin Robbins Monday night @ Haster/Chapman and their quiet store saw a backup, too.

• Koubu Pilot

Well, Al Lutz noted it today: Cal/OSHA shut down Alice in Wonderland because of concern over the leaf ramp outside not having safety railings. So no Alice this year.

We're getting ready for another day at the parks. Pirates should be first on the agenda. I'm sure funnel cake will be crammed into our day somehow.

Something I forgot to mention about yesterday is the fact that when my dad met Snow White and Aurora in the animation building, the 3 danced as "Once Upon a Dream" played. I kind of forgot what the non-Eurobeat version of that song sounded like. Also, we ate more of that Tasty Pizza again last night. Also, my niece was excited to find I brought Alice in Wonderland on DVD with me on the trip. It's not the Disney version. It's the version done for 1985 (2 parter that aired on TV). My nieces were just content watching it.

• Koubu Pilot

• Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

It looks like the little ones are having an absolute blast!

• Koubu Pilot

We finally got home a few hours ago from Anaheim. We had such a fun time at the Disneyland Resort.

We were going to watch World of Color on our last night, but all the standing we realized we would have to do changed our plans. My dad had clotting in his leg a couple months ago plus we had two little ones, so we decided go to Disneyland and enjoy Magical, Pirates, Mansion, and small world.

We did have an issue on Friday. I waited in line for World of Color fastpass for about 1 hour. The CM entered all 8 of my family's tickets and got 3 fastpasses. The CM said the other 5 tickets must not have been scanned. That was odd. So we went down to Guest Relations in DCA and talked to the cast members there. The CMs there thought it was weird when they looked up our tickets and saw they weren't scanned, even though everyone was admitted. After some back forth with our tickets to get them fixed, we were told our tickets should work fine now. I go to get Soarin' fastpasses and we got the same problem. We were given a front of line pass to make up for the 5 fastpasses we couldn't get with our 5 malfunctioning tickets. Debbie came with me to test the machine with one of the tickets that wouldn't scan and if finally worked. She arranged to get us the remaining World of Color fastpasses we would have needed, and so Debbie fixed the problem.

Looks like this week is when I start assembling my photos and video clips into video presentations! I have over 675 items to work with on this one (a fraction compared to last summer's 1000 items). By the time I finish editing, rendering, and posting, this thread will probably have been buried by other new threads, so you'll probably see a new thread linked to my Youtube.