Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Minion

Re: Marvel walk-around characters coming to Disneyland for Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    DCA is still a DISNEY park, just because you don't go over there, doesn't mean that the rest of us don't, and we don't want the Marvel characters either
    Didn't mean to offend you. Just telling you how it is with me. I rarely go to DCA so they won't impact me if they're over there.

If you go to DCA, don't like Marvel characters, and don't want them there, fine by me. That's your opinion.

Both have expressed our opinions now...which is what these boards are for...so carry on.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I could see Tony Stark walking around Tomorrowland, inviting us to his West Coast Stark Expo Attraction, use either the 3D theater or the old innoventions building, bad things happen, and then Ironman comes in to save the day. (with the sherman music in the background ) Even Walt used the World's fair to expand and grow attractions throughout all of DL. The Tony Stark character used "science and techonology" to further his business. And Science faction is what Tomorrowland was about at one time.

If they can find the right fit, some Marvel characters would work fine. But that is the critical item, finding what would fit, and what makes sense.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I could see Tony Stark walking around Tomorrowland, inviting us to his West Coast Stark Expo Attraction, use either the 3D theater or the old innoventions building, bad things happen, and then Ironman comes in to save the day. (with the sherman music in the background ) Even Walt used the World's fair to expand and grow attractions throughout all of DL. The Tony Stark character used "science and techonology" to further his business. And Science faction is what Tomorrowland was about at one time.

If they can find the right fit, some Marvel characters would work fine. But that is the critical item, finding what would fit, and what makes sense.
    That is without doubt the best idea I've heard thus far for incorporating Marvel into the parks.

It would have to be done very carefully, with excellent detail and design. But if they put time and care into the project, it could kill two birds with one stone (use the Magic Eye and promote Marvel) without stepping too far out of the bounds of theme.

Great idea!

(Now please don't get mad at me! I swear, I'm paying you a compliment! I really like your idea.)

What if they had a Marvel Store in DTD and had characters walk around there? At least it would be better themed and out of the parks!
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    i hope not it doesn't happen.

So, you hope it does happen?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    But doesn't Universal own all the theme park rights to Marvel?

Can someone enlighten me on the contract?

Thanks haha!
    no they just pay licensing fees to Marvel for their use in Universal Orlando They no longer have licensing use for them in Hollywood. I am not sure if they have any arrangements for them in any of the international parks.

Disney can't use them in Orlando because of the licensing deals but they could use them in Anaheim, Paris and Hone Kong.

I actually would not mind seeing them in the hollywood section of DCA I also would not mind it if Burbank gave WDI a huge budget to completely re-do tomorrowland and turn it into one of their Sci Fi city ideas where they could use a couple of the Marvel characters

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^As long as those characters are fit in properly and coherantly that is..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567