• Iron-Clad Allie

Ariel's Undersea Adventure - Capshellized Scene By Scene Preview

Scene-by-scene preview of Little Mermaid dark ride coming in 2011 to Disney California Adventure - Travel - LATimes.com

Ariel's Underwater Adventure -- Scene By Scene Bubbly Preview

Scene 1 -- The boarding area features a panoramic mural with all the main movie characters and a seaside castle.

Scene 2 -- Audio-animatronic versions of Sabastian the crab and Scuttle the seagull set up the ride's back story.

Scene 3 -- A blast of cold air and a visual illusion make riders feel as if they are submerging underwater as the clam shell vehicle descends into the heart of the ride.

Scene 4 -- Riders pass through Ariel's treasure-lined mermaid grotto with sidekicks Sabastian and Flounder as the song "Part of Your World" plays.

Scene 5 -- Sabastian conducts an audio-animatronic orchestra of sea creatures in the ride's main showroom to the tune of "Under the Sea."

Scene 6 -- In Ursula's lair, riders pass under menacing rock work as henchmen eels Flotsam and Jetsam lurk nearby during the villainous sea witch's big diva musical number "Poor Unfortunate Souls."

Scene 7 -- The clam shell vehicle appears to ascend from the ocean depths.

Scene 8 -- Anriel an Prince Eric kiss on a rowboat to the the strains of "Kiss the Girl" as geysers spout water.

Scene 9 -- The spell-breaking kiss drives Ursula mad as "Love's First Kiss" plays amid gathering storm clouds.

scene 10 -- The "Happily Ever After" finale scene has been kept a closely guarded secret by Walt Disney Imagineers.

Scene 11 -- Riders unload as Ariel and Eric stand atop the castle, King Triton salutes them from the water and Sabastian waves goodbye.

So many scenes! So many wonderful tunes! Along with the timeless Disneyfied Hans Christian Anderson storyline, this should be one big animatronic filled special effect fest. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the audio animatronic orchestra as conducted by maestro Sabastian.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZPK77FtahM&feature=related"]YouTube- "Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID" PART OF YOUR WORLD / Q;indivi[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8epY4F7uBA&feature=related"]YouTube- THE LITTLE MERMAID RIDE PREVIEW AT DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE THEME PARK[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIZXxj3st4&feature=related"]YouTube- The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure ride preview at Disney's California Adventure[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8q1A2W1420&feature=related"]YouTube- Under the sea pop song[/ame]
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-17-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Re: Ariel's Undersea Adventure - Capshellized Scene By Scene Preview

sounds pretty neat. Hopefully the do this right.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Who or what is Sabgastian?

• Animatronic

What a wonderful ride and such a wonderful way to celebrate California's own Solvang and California's proud Danish heritage and the influence of Hans Christian Anderson on California's turn of the last century sea side amusement industry!

I'm actually serious, but I realize that might have sounded sarcastic. Seriously though, this kind of linkage by inspiration and borrowed myth is what makes Disneyland so great. I'm glad to see a small bit of the magic coming to DCA.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Enunciate View Post
    sounds pretty neat. Hopefully the do this right.
    If one counts Tony Baxter's initial plans for the Little Mermaid ride, this attraction has been years in the planning. My guess would be that this ride and it's innovative style will be stunning on all levels. It's sure to deliver beautiful memories to last a lifetime.

As for the backstory, I can't wait to see how Disney intertwines and blends the central theme of "love conquering all obstcles" with that of the different stages or time sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Who or what is Sabgastian?

Why...that's what they call Sabastian when he has gas, silly. Watch out for his bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    What a wonderful ride and such a wonderful way to celebrate California's own Solvang and California's proud Danish heritage and the influence of Hans Christian Anderson on California's turn of the last century sea side amusement industry!

I'm actually serious, but I realize that might have sounded sarcastic. Seriously though, this kind of linkage by inspiration and borrowed myth is what makes Disneyland so great. I'm glad to see a small bit of the magic coming to DCA.
    The myths from different countries that are behind each of the beloved darkrides from Walt's days have indeed given Disneyland a unique magical flavor. DCA will soon hold the proud distinction of carrying on that legacy.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-17-2010 at 07:56 AM.

• Minion

Any guess on what the 10th scene will be?

My guess is that it will be an awesome transformation scene where Ariel's flippers will disappear and she will have legs. Just a guess, so don't take it as fact! haha

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Any guess on what the 10th scene will be?

My guess is that it will be an awesome transformation scene where Ariel's flippers will disappear and she will have legs. Just a guess, so don't take it as fact! haha
    I would say that it is logical to asume that Ariel's leggy transformation and marraige to Prince Eric would be a large part of it. If this should prove to be the cace, I want to throw wedding rice or or kelp or scallops or something. Would you help me tie Starfish tuna cans to the back of their clam limo, disneylandfan?!